Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 07:41 PM

27,353 posts, read 27,407,146 times

Advertisements

Hope y'all dont mind that I do this tonight, its early but its hard to say how much Im gonna feel like doing it in the morning when I get home from work. So, heres to the early bird special~~

The show Treehouse Masters is on right now, we've been watching it the last couple of hours, they come up with some really creative ideas. Some of those treehouses are actually peoples' homes, small but sturdy. Impressive!

So, here we go~~~~

Are you one of those people who are up early every day of the week, whether you have to work or not?
How early do you prefer to get to the bus station, airport or train station, for a trip?
Do you prefer to book morning, afternoon or night?

Most flights offer drinks, and some offer meals for purchase, if you drink on flight, what is your choice? If you order food, what do you usually order?

How early do you prefer to get to work?

Do you like vitamin water? If you do, do you have any particular flavour of choice?

Water. Do you buy bottled water, fill bottles at a water station, have a filter system in your home, or does it matter?

Do you have a hose or a built in sprinkler system for your yard?
Do you have any particular brand of bottled water?

Do you keep extra water in your car, this time of year?

Are you in a drought region, a medium region, or a well moistened region of the US?

Are you, or do you personally know, a certified, licensed electrician?

If you have pets, do you give them bottled water, filtered water or just water from the tap?

What was the earliest memory you have of a happy event in your home? Maybe a wedding, a baptism of a sibling, a new baby brother or sister, anything that may pertain to special event you can remember?

For those who are married, how long did you know your spouse before you got married?

Have any of you married your high school sweethearts?

Have you ever 'crashed' a wedding reception?
Have you gone to/or been the star of, a bacholer or bridal party?

If you were asked, would you sing for your best friend's wedding?

Have you ever been to Anchorage, Alaska?

Would you like to go visit there in the summertime?

Annabelle the travel agent is offering a free 10 day trip anywhere within the US, to just one location, where would you like to go for those 10 days?

Okay, heres some iinformation that might be important, because you never know, someone could ask you one day ig you know how to say the word 'plum' in another language, and now you can say, "why yes, I can!"

Plum=
German~pelaume

French~prune

Hungarian~szilva

Danish~blomme

Hebrew~schasif

Russian~sliva

Spanish~ciruela

Italian~susina

Japanese~ume

Indonesian~prem

There, now you know how to say 'plum' in another language, ha.
Have a wonderful week everyone~~~

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 08:13 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,864,882 times
Hope y'all dont mind that I do this tonight, its early but its hard to say how much Im gonna feel like doing it in the morning when I get home from work. So, heres to the early bird special~~

The show Treehouse Masters is on right now, we've been watching it the last couple of hours, they come up with some really creative ideas. Some of those treehouses are actually peoples' homes, small but sturdy. Impressive!

So, here we go~~~~

Are you one of those people who are up early every day of the week, whether you have to work or not?
How early do you prefer to get to the bus station, airport or train station, for a trip?
Appointments later!
Most flights offer drinks, and some offer meals for purchase, if you drink on flight, what is your choice? If you order food, what do you usually order?

Do you like vitamin water? If you do, do you have any particular flavour of choice?

Water. Do you buy bottled water, fill bottles at a water station, have a filter system in your home, or does it matter?
Wife and kids buy them

Are you in a drought region, a medium region, or a well moistened region of the US?

If you have pets, do you give them bottled water, filtered water or just water from the tap?

What was the earliest memory you have of a happy event in your home? Maybe a wedding, a baptism of a sibling, a new baby brother or sister, anything that may pertain to special event you can remember?

For those who are married, how long did you know your spouse before you got married?
3 or 4 years or so.

Annabelle the travel agent is offering a free 10 day trip anywhere within the US, to just one location, where would you like to go for those 10 days?
I'll get back to you.

Okay, heres some iinformation that might be important, because you never know, someone could ask you one day ig you know how to say the word 'plum' in another language, and now you can say, "why yes, I can!"

Plum=
German~pelaume

French~prune

Hungarian~szilva

Danish~blomme

Hebrew~schasif

Russian~sliva

Spanish~ciruela

Italian~susina

Japanese~ume

Indonesian~prem

Thanks WW!

Last edited by SATX56; 07-06-2015 at 08:25 PM..

Old 07-06-2015, 08:17 PM

72,421 posts, read 18,206,429 times

Yep

One hour earlier

Morning. So if it's a long trip then I can sleep at night

No drinks. and eat the usual

Depends. I am independent

No don't like it.

I use the filter and have a flask to go with it.

No

Don't drink bottle water. I bought a metal water container

No. I leave my metal water container in the car

I am in California! bad drought!

Yes. I know of one

Just water

Was at my uncle's 100 birthday. He passed away soon after

Not married

Have any of you married your high school sweethearts? N/A

No

Bridal party

Maybe my next lifetime

Wish

Yes!

To Alaska!

Old 07-06-2015, 09:13 PM

44,635 posts, read 61,653,458 times
How early do you prefer to get to the bus station, airport or train station, for a trip? 1-2 hours.
Do you prefer to book morning, afternoon or night? AM

How early do you prefer to get to work? what's that.

Do you like vitamin water? If you do, do you have any particular flavor of choice?

Do you have any particular brand of bottled water? Dasani

Do you keep extra water in your car, this time of year? All year around.

If you have pets, do you give them bottled water, filtered water or just water from the tap? Pet rocks drink only arid h2o.

For those who are married, how long did you know your spouse before you got married? 2 yrs.

Have any of you married your high school sweethearts? No.

Have you gone to/or been the star of, a bachelor or bridal party?

Annabelle the travel agent is offering a free 10 day trip anywhere within the US, to just one location, where would you like to go for those 10 days? Naw'lens.

Okay, heres some iinformation that might be important, because you never know, someone could ask you one day ig you know how to say the word 'plum' in another language, and now you can say, "why yes, I can!" Hai.

ww

Old 07-06-2015, 09:20 PM

11,375 posts, read 9,291,726 times
Are you one of those people who are up early every day of the week, whether you have to work or not? - Yes, but I prefer to go back to sleep. Since I now work into the early evening and go in late morning I have been able to do that.

How early do you prefer to get to the bus station, airport or train station, for a trip? 1.5 hours for the airport, 30-45 minutes for the bus and train.

Do you prefer to book morning, afternoon or night? Morning.

Most flights offer drinks, and some offer meals for purchase, if you drink on flight, what is your choice? If you order food, what do you usually order? - Only water.

How early do you prefer to get to work? - I can adjust. I've started as early as 7 AM. Now it's 10:30 - 11:30 AM, except weekends.

Do you like vitamin water? If you do, do you have any particular flavour of choice? - A doctor once told me to stay away from that stuff due to excess chemicals.

Water. Do you buy bottled water, fill bottles at a water station, have a filter system in your home, or does it matter? - Free filtered water from the local organic market.

Do you have a hose or a built in sprinkler system for your yard? - N/A. I live in an apartment.

Do you have any particular brand of bottled water? - See above. If buying - Aquafina.

Do you keep extra water in your car, this time of year? - No.

Are you in a drought region, a medium region, or a well moistened region of the US? - We have been getting too much rain in the last few months. Very bad severe storms, way more than usual.

Are you, or do you personally know, a certified, licensed electrician? - No.

If you have pets, do you give them bottled water, filtered water or just water from the tap? - N/a. I'm pet-free.

I have very few good memories from my childhood.

For those who are married, how long did you know your spouse before you got married? - I'm divorced.

Have any of you married your high school sweethearts? - I did not.

Have you ever 'crashed' a wedding reception? - No way.
Have you gone to/or been the star of, a bacholer or bridal party? - No.

If you were asked, would you sing for your best friend's wedding? - Not a chance.

Have you ever been to Anchorage, Alaska? - Nope, nor anywhere near there.

Would you like to go visit there in the summertime? - I would like to visit there, yes.

Annabelle the travel agent is offering a free 10 day trip anywhere within the US, to just one location, where would you like to go for those 10 days? - Split between San Francisco and La Jolla, California. The latter if I have to stay one place.

Thanks, WW.
Hope everyone had a good Tuesday!

Old 07-06-2015, 09:40 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,826,250 times
Are you one of those people who are up early every day of the week, whether you have to work or not? We are retired... Get up whenever/
How early do you prefer to get to the bus station, airport or train station, for a trip? DRIVE MY OWN CAR OR WHEN LAND UN DETROIT..CALL THE LIMO...$75. AND DON'T BUG ANYONE....
Do you prefer to book morning, afternoon or night? MORNING.. ALWAYS//LIKE 6AM

Most flights offer drinks, and some offer meals for purchase, if you drink on flight, what is your choice? If you order food, what do you usually order? DRINKS LIKE VODKA AND ORANGE JUICE...OR BEER...WE USUALLY DON'T EAT...WE BRING SNACKS..//

How early do you prefer to get to work? WHEN U WORKED.//VERY EARLY./.GET MY BEARINGS.//

Do you like vitamin water? If you do, do you have any particular flavour of choice? LEMONADE OR DRAGONFRUIT

Water. Do you buy bottled water, fill bottles at a water station, have a filter system in your home, or does it matter? BUY BOTTLES BECAUSE SHOPPING AND DR APPTS ARE FAR.//HATE THE PLASTIC ASPECT... WE HAVE A WATER FILTER TOO.//

Do you have a hose or a built in sprinkler system for your yard? NO/./WE HAVE 8 ACRES///MOSTLY WEEDS...
Do you have any particular brand of bottled water? WHATS ON SALE

Do you keep extra water in your car, this time of year? NO//TOO HOT

Are you in a drought region, a medium region, or a well moistened region of the US? MEDIUM..HAD RAIN FOR 5 DAYS OR MORE... BUT IT WAS DRY IN MAY../

Are you, or do you personally know, a certified, licensed electrician? YES...WE FOUND A GUY HERE...

If you have pets, do you give them bottled water, filtered water or just water from the tap? RUBY PREFERS TAP WATER...OR DRINKING OUT OF THE TOILET ON A RARE OCCASION..

For those who are married, how long did you know your spouse before you got married? I MET DAN WHEN I WAS 16.. A FRIEND OF A BF....MET BACK UP AGAIN WHEN I WAS 31.. IN 1991...WE GOT MARRIED IN 2005...LONG ENGAGEMENT.//

Have any of you married your high school sweethearts? NO..

Have you ever 'crashed' a wedding reception? YES../IN THE NEXT ROOM IN THE HALL...NEVER WENT SOMEWHERE I WASNT WANTED///
Have you gone to/or been the star of, a bacholer or bridal party? I WAS MY SISTER'S MATRON OF HONOR...

If you were asked, would you sing for your best friend's wedding? HELL NO

Have you ever been to Anchorage, Alaska? NO

YES

LA TO SEE MY SON AND WIFE IN PASADENA....

THANKS WW...fun questions;!!!!

Old 07-06-2015, 09:42 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,820,291 times

So, here we go~~~~

Are you one of those people who are up early every day of the week, whether you have to work or not? Not any more.
How early do you prefer to get to the bus station, airport or train station, for a trip? 1.5 hours

Do you prefer to book morning, afternoon or night? Late morning.

Most flights offer drinks, and some offer meals for purchase, if you drink on flight, what is your choice? If you order food, what do you usually order? Water, no food unless it is free.

How early do you prefer to get to work? I am retired, but used to arrive at work 15 min. early.

Do you like vitamin water? If you do, do you have any particular flavour of choice? No thanks.

Water. Do you buy bottled water, fill bottles at a water station, have a filter system in your home, or does it matter? We don't buy bottled water. In Houston we used a filter system. In Little Rock the water is perfect so we just keep pitchers of cold tap water in the fridge.

Do you have a hose or a built in sprinkler system for your yard? Sprinkler system.

Do you have any particular brand of bottled water? No bottled water...too much waste.

Do you keep extra water in your car, this time of year? No, but we bring our own personal water bottles with us any time we go somewhere.

Are you in a drought region, a medium region, or a well moistened region of the US? No drought here.

Are you, or do you personally know, a certified, licensed electrician? No, but my contractor does.

If you have pets, do you give them bottled water, filtered water or just water from the tap? Tap water, which is very good here.

What was the earliest memory you have of a happy event in your home? Maybe a wedding, a baptism of a sibling, a new baby brother or sister, anything that may pertain to special event you can remember? In this home it was our first family Christmas dinner together after I had been living in Houston for 7 years. My nephew said it was epic.

For those who are married, how long did you know your spouse before you got married? 4 years...2we were both widowed.

Have any of you married your high school sweethearts? Nope

Have you ever 'crashed' a wedding reception? Nope

Have you gone to/or been the star of, a bacholer or bridal party? Nope

If you were asked, would you sing for your best friend's wedding? Nope

Have you ever been to Anchorage, Alaska? Nope

Would you like to go visit there in the summertime? Absolutely

Annabelle the travel agent is offering a free 10 day trip anywhere within the US, to just one location, where would you like to go for those 10 days? Kauai

Old 07-06-2015, 09:59 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,894,490 times
Are you one of those people who are up early every day of the week, whether you have to work or not? - no, I use to before I retired,,,, however retired is "{{{retired}}}" and I can sleep in now.
2 hours at the airport and for a train or bus I'd be there 1/2 hr or so.
Do you prefer to book morning, afternoon or night? afternoon

Most flights offer drinks, and some offer meals for purchase, if you drink on flight, what is your choice? If you order food, what do you usually order? - {{{what}}} they give me water and peanuts ONLY!

How early do you prefer to get to work? - I would always get to work 1 1/2 hours before starting time. I enjoy relaxing and having coffee before I start moving on with work. I also liked being ahead of all the busy rush hour traffic..............

Do you like vitamin water? If you do, do you have any particular flavour of choice? - I don't drink vitamin water, I use only vitamins - and take only those that actually help me for my needs. You simply can't eat enough food to get the right amount of vitamins the body needs each day.

Water. Do you buy bottled water, fill bottles at a water station, have a filter system in your home, or does it matter? - We have a reverse osmosis water system at the house and use that water for all of our needs. I don't like water in a plastic bottle because of the chemicals that leach into the water.

Do you have a hose or a built in sprinkler system for your yard? - I've got a in the ground watering system for all the bushes and trees,,,, no grass.

Do you have any particular brand of bottled water? - no

Do you keep extra water in your car, this time of year? - I take a bottle of home brew water with me.

Are you in a drought region, a medium region, or a well moistened region of the US? - Yep,,, the is a lack of water around the area and I don't waist it.

Are you, or do you personally know, a certified, licensed electrician? - No.

If you have pets, do you give them bottled water, filtered water or just water from the tap? - no, pet free at this time.

Too many to remember and talk about...

For those who are married, how long did you know your spouse before you got married? - About a year

Have any of you married your high school sweethearts? - no

Have you ever 'crashed' a wedding reception? - No
Have you gone to/or been the star of, a bacholer or bridal party? - yes, my brother in law...

If you were asked, would you sing for your best friend's wedding? - No

Have you ever been to Anchorage, Alaska? - No

Would you like to go visit there in the summertime? - Yes,, that would be ok...

Annabelle the travel agent is offering a free 10 day trip anywhere within the US, to just one location, where would you like to go for those 10 days? - Along the coast of CA and OR would be just fine, stopping at several different locations along the way.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:00 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,807,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post

So, here we go~~~~

Sometimes, sometimes not

One hour usually, two for international flights

Dependent on when I need to arrive

Most flights offer drinks, and some offer meals for purchase, if you drink on flight, what is your choice?
Coffee or water
If you order food, what do you usually order?

When necessary, more often than not was a very late leaver.

We buy water by the gallons here for both drinking/cooking.

Just the large insulated mug filled w/ice & water for drinking I have always taken w/me in the summers.

Are you in a drought region, a medium region, or a (usually) well moistened region of the US?

Hawaii

Plum=
German~pelaume
French~prune
Hungarian~szilva
Danish~blomme
Hebrew~schasif
Russian~sliva
Spanish~ciruela
Italian~susina
Japanese~ume
Indonesian~prem

Thanks WW for Tuesday's QotD!

Happy Tuesday All!

Old 07-06-2015, 11:29 PM

21,552 posts, read 8,733,710 times

I am a night owl and prefer afternoons or evenings.
Most flights offer drinks, and some offer meals for purchase, if you drink on flight, what is your choice?
I rarely fly, but I prefer a non-carbonated soft drink such as fruit juice.
If you order food, what do you usually order?
It's been years since I've taken any flights that are long enough to have meal service. On shorter flights I take whatever they hand out, usually pretzels, cookies or crackers.

I'm retired now, but when I was working had no choice as I was a shiftworker. My normal shift was 3:20 - 11:35 pm, but in order to get ready for the 4pm broadcast I had to get there by 3:00.
No, I don't drink vitamin water.
I buy individual sized bottled water and refill the bottles from the tap.
Don't have a yard to speak of. Just a patch of patio with a steep hill behind it and a raised flower bed along one fence.
I buy Trader Joe's for 18 cents each.
No, I never drive far enough to require rehydration.

We are in the fourth year of a severe drought.
No, but Mr. Bay has some knowledge in that area and has done things like install fluorescent fixtures and extra outlets in the garage.
No pets, but when I had budgies (parakeets), they got tap water.
I don't have too many memories like that since my parents divorced when I was very young, I was mostly raised by my father, and we moved around a lot. But I do remember one summer afternoon when I was 15 years old. I looked out the kitchen window to see a young man walking up to the front door. I remember thinking it must be the paperboy come to collect, but suddenly I recognized my own brother! He was 19 years old, and I hadn't seen him in four years (he lived with our mother and stepfather 400 miles away). The only communication we had had was the occasional letter. That was a very happy reunion. He took me for a drive in his '55 Pontiac, and I felt very grown up.

I don't remember meeting Mr. Bay because he was one of nearly 400 employees where we both worked. I probably first had some brief, unmemorable contact with him in about 1975 or 1976. I first became aware of him in 1980. We were both married to others. We started going out in 1984 and were married in 1986.
No, but we are still friends. He's still single.
No, I have no desire to do that.
Have you gone to/or been the star of, a bachelor or bridal party?
I've been a guest at a few bridal and baby showers.
Good heavens, no! I don't have much of a voice.
No, but Mr. Bay has been there. He was stationed in Alaska when he was in the Army.
Yes.

New York City

Thanks, wisconsin woman, and thanks for the language lesson!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics