Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2016, 06:12 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,125,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Who thought Iceland would win....huh
Most of the guys in my office are getting quite animated about the game last night! But there's an air of resignation too: it's as if this appalling event was somehow expected because England always seem to fail when it matters most.

It is funny though! All these clever IT guys almost blubbing into their coffee cups over a game of footie,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 06:22 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,452,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
Most of the guys in my office are getting quite animated about the game last night! But there's an air of resignation too: it's as if this appalling event was somehow expected because England always seem to fail when it matters most.

It is funny though! All these clever IT guys almost blubbing into their coffee cups over a game of footie,
An old manager from the 60s called Bill Shankly said, "Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them, it is much more serious than that.".......

Old 06-28-2016, 10:02 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,565,616 times
A pack of 10 cigarettes in the 70s were 9 pence!!!

Old 06-28-2016, 10:30 AM

13,695 posts, read 10,073,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Without tax, it still is.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Without tax, it still is.
LOL yeah probably lmao

Old 06-28-2016, 11:21 AM

Not sure whether to have a quick shower or a long satisfying soak in the tub?

Problem with the former is that a shower is just a quick in and out, and you're done! Not all that satisfying emotionally or physically. But it saves time I guess.

Problem with the latter, is that I always fall asleep and often end up submerged Plus I have to have a shower afterwards because I'm never overly keen in soaking on my own grubby water (not saying that I'm dirty ... but you get my drift,lol)

Decisions, decisions........

Old 06-28-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Not sure whether to have a quick shower or a long satisfying soak in the tub?

Problem with the former is that a shower is just a quick in and out, and you're done! Not all that satisfying emotionally or physically. But it saves time I guess.

Problem with the latter, is that I always fall asleep and often end up submerged Plus I have to have a shower afterwards because I'm never overly keen in soaking on my own grubby water (not saying that I'm dirty ... but you get my drift,lol)

Decisions, decisions........
Can't stand a bath!!!! ...... It's takes 5 times longer to run the bloody thing than I'm in it...

I get bored quickly .... So shower will suffice

Old 06-28-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Can't stand a bath!!!! ...... It's takes 5 times longer to run the bloody thing than I'm in it...

I get bored quickly .... So shower will suffice
But taking a bath is wonderful!

Scented body oils, bath salts, plenty of soapy bubbles, small lit candles around the tub; subdued lighting and a cold non-alcoholic drinks (and a book if required).

20 minutes of saturated heaven!

Old 06-28-2016, 12:13 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,079,337 times
Quote:
I think I need some food!

Might go to Iceland

If my husband ever ditched me (for spending too much time on City-Data? Lol!), then I'm definitely taking a trip to Iceland! It would be like a holiday abroad those sad middle aged women do, just to pull men!

Not only are Icelandic men good looking, but they also know how to play football.

(Sorry to all you English men on here. ).

Old 06-28-2016, 12:20 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,079,337 times
Quote:
My Grandfather used to smoke back then, and my Nan always had to go to the shop for him (which was only up the road), to get his f@gs.

Then one day, she had enough of going to the shop for him, all of the time. She put her foot down and said "I'm not going to the shop for you anymore, to get your bloody f@gs!"

Do you know, he actually gave the f@gs up, rather than going to the shop himself!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics