Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 01:00 PM

576 posts, read 422,279 times

Advertisements

~ How many legs does a cat have?
Usually four

~ Having a wire 'coat hanger', what useful thing will you fashion out of it? Try to make something nobody else in this thread has already made: A smore holder for toasting it

~ We're having pasta! Would you like yours with spaghetti sauce or would you like marinara?
marinara

~ Do you ever buy instant coffee? What kind?
No, I don't care for it, I use a percolator

~ Have you seen a woodpecker in recent times?
No, only ever seen them in Canada (last there in 2014)

~ Have you ever tried a portabella mushroom?
yes, haven't had one in a while though

~ What are your ice cube trays made of?
I've had plastic, steal, rubber ones

~ Do your ice cubes sort of break up when you try to get some out of the tray?
No I generally use ice cube bags these days to make them, much better than the trays

~ Do you have a surge protector protecting your computer?
on the power cable connecting to it yes

~ How many hands does a cat have?
none they have paws

~ Google or Bing?
I'll google it..

~ Have you bought something out of a vending machine in the last year?
Not in the last week, there aren't that many in Ireland, you only really get them in train stations, hospitals, schools etc, because unfortunately unlike Japan where they are everywhere they would just get smashed in if they were on the street here

~ Did you ever eat the stale gum that came in a pack of baseball cards?
not in baseball cards, but cards you collect yes

~ Have you ever fired a slingshot?
when I was a young teenager

~ Have you ever had pizza with the sauce on top?
yes

~ Are you just giving yes and no answers or are you really trying to do a good job?
yes...

~ How many arms does a cat have?
none, it has 4 legs though

~ Did you ever throw candy in the movie theater?
no

~ Have you ever put a coin on the train track?
yes

~ Home fries or hash browns?
chips (large fries)

~ You have to cook some chicken because some judge told you that's your punishment for not being detailed in your answers here. If he doesn't like the chicken you cook he will make you do it over, until he likes it. How will you make some good chicken for the creep? cook it......over and over again

~ How many toes does a cat have?

~ What do you keep handy for wiping up any water splashed on your bathroom sink top?
spare hand towels

~ How many fingers does a cat have?
none they don't have hands

Thanks for the questions Rain Roosty, I hope everyone has a great weekend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 01:31 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
~ How many legs does a cat have? Most have four legs.

~ Having a wire 'coat hanger', what useful thing will you fashion out of it? Try to make something nobody else in this thread has already made: Unlocked car doors, fished a dead skunk out from under the floor, cut pieces from it to use as temporary clevis pins and other things, wired a license plate on a trailer until I could get home, built J-hangers in the barn, . . .

~ We're having pasta! Would you like yours with spaghetti sauce or would you like marinara?

~ Do you ever buy instant coffee? What kind? Maryland Club.

~ Have you seen a woodpecker in recent times? Yes, although we have few trees.

~ Have you ever tried a portabella mushroom? Probably but I'm not sure.

~ What are your ice cube trays made of? Plastic I think. The refrigerator was only delivered yesterday.

~ Do your ice cubes sort of break up when you try to get some out of the tray? My ice comes from an ice maker in the door of the new refrigerator.

~ Do you have a surge protector protecting your computer? Nah. PCs are dirt cheap anymore. I do have them on my pellet stoves though.

~ How many hands does a cat have? None but my barn cats have 10-penny nails.

~ Google or Bing? Yahoo.

~ Have you bought something out of a vending machine in the last year? I put a couple of pennies in my own gumball machine this month. Does that count?

~ Did you ever eat the stale gum that came in a pack of baseball cards? If I ever bought a baseball card as a kid, I 'm sure I did.

~ Have you ever fired a slingshot? I've built them as a kid. And that reminds me. The best slingshots we ever built used ammo that was constructed from 1" pieces of wire cut from a cloth hanger. The short wire was then bent with pliers into a V shape for carrying in a draw pouch. When you can't afford a Daisy BB rifle as a kid, our slingshots worked very well.

~ Have you ever had pizza with the sauce on top? As in on top of everything? Nope.

~ Are you just giving yes and no answers or are you really trying to do a good job? Don't I usually tell folks more than they want to hear?

~ How many arms does a cat have? One of my barn cats this morning seemed to be armed. I guess the rodents are getting too smart.

~ Did you ever throw candy in the movie theater? Don't recall ever doing that.

~ Have you ever put a coin on the train track? Yes. As a kid we once placed a penny on a track that no longer exists in my hometown. The flattened penny looks like a copper colored quarter.

Also, I have a squashed penny that my FIL once put on a Santa Fe track where we once worked together in the 1970s.

~ Home fries or hash browns? Either.

~ You have to cook some chicken because some judge told you that's your punishment for not being detailed in your answers here. If he doesn't like the chicken you cook he will make you do it over, until he likes it. How will you make some good chicken for the creep? I'd sneak my SIL in. She could give a few tips to Col. Sanders (no relation to Bernie).

~ How many toes does a cat have? Before or after they meet with a coyote?

~ What do you keep handy for wiping up any water splashed on your bathroom sink top? The hand towel hanging there.

~ How many fingers does a cat have? See above answer.

Great questions RR.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:19 PM

21,545 posts, read 8,727,966 times
~ How many legs does a cat have?
Four? (Is this a trick question?)
~ Having a wire 'coat hanger', what useful thing will you fashion out of it? Try to make something nobody else in this thread has already made:
Car antenna (I actually did that once when I had a battered '66 Volkswagen.)

I'll have regular spaghetti sauce (I assume by that you mean bolognese).

~ Do you ever buy instant coffee? What kind?
I have bought it to use in recipes, but I don't usually drink it.
~ Have you seen a woodpecker in recent times?
No, I've seen them (and heard them) here, but it's been a long time.
~ Have you ever tried a portabella mushroom?
Yes, I like them a lot. They are thick, juicy and meaty, like a vegetarian steak.
~ What are your ice cube trays made of?
Some kind of white plastic.
~ Do your ice cubes sort of break up when you try to get some out of the tray?
Yes, or they pop out and land on the floor. Our refrigerator has an icemaker option, but we didn't install it because we really don't want one.
~ Do you have a surge protector protecting your computer?
No. I think that Mr. Bay has one for his PC.
~ How many hands does a cat have?
Zero (you're messing with us, aren't you?)

~ Google or Bing?
Google
~ Have you bought something out of a vending machine in the last year?
Yes, transit tickets
~ Did you ever eat the stale gum that came in a pack of baseball cards?
Yes, I liked the gum better than the cards.
~ Have you ever fired a slingshot?
Maybe when I was a little girl. I don't remember.

~ Have you ever had pizza with the sauce on top?
Doesn't all pizza have sauce on top?

~ Are you just giving yes and no answers or are you really trying to do a good job?
I always give 100% because I know what a chore it is to write the QOTD.

~ How many arms does a cat have?
I don't believe that domestic animals should be armed.
~ Did you ever throw candy in the movie theater?
No, what do you think I am, a savage?

~ Have you ever put a coin on the train track?
Yes, my brother and I used to do that. Fun!

~ Home fries or hash browns?
I prefer home fries.

~ You have to cook some chicken because some judge told you that's your punishment for not being detailed in your answers here. If he doesn't like the chicken you cook he will make you do it over, until he likes it. How will you make some good chicken for the creep?
I will make chicken with mushroom sauce and rosemary

~ How many toes does a cat have?
I know they have toes, but I'm not sure how many. Four on each leg? That would be 16. I'm just guessing.
~ What do you keep handy for wiping up any water splashed on your bathroom sink top?
A sponge
~ How many fingers does a cat have?
Cats don't have fingers. You're silly!

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 02-12-2016, 04:16 PM

7,336 posts, read 2,743,364 times
~ How many legs does a cat have? Four usually, however, there is a three legged cat in my neighborhood

~ Having a wire 'coat hanger', what useful thing will you fashion out of it? Try to make something nobody else in this thread has already made: I've used a hangar to unlock a car door.

~ We're having pasta! Would you like yours with spaghetti sauce or would you like marinara? Homemade spaghetti sauce

~ Do you ever buy instant coffee? I never have What kind?

~ Have you seen a woodpecker in recent times? Nope

~ Have you ever tried a portabella mushroom? Yep. They are quite good.

~ What are your ice cube trays made of? Plastic

~ Do your ice cubes sort of break up when you try to get some out of the tray? Once in awhile, especially when I drop one on the floor.

~ Do you have a surge protector protecting your computer? Yes. Also have one for my stereo.

~ How many hands does a cat have? Two

~ Google or Bing? Sometimes Google, sometimes Bing

~ Have you bought something out of a vending machine in the last year? Haven't bought anything out of a vending machine since I retired.

~ Did you ever eat the stale gum that came in a pack of baseball cards? Yep, but I much preferred the cards.

~ Have you ever fired a slingshot? Yes

~ Have you ever had pizza with the sauce on top? If you mean on top of all of the toppings, then no.

~ Are you just giving yes and no answers or are you really trying to do a good job? Yes...or maybe, no

~ How many arms does a cat have? Two, in front

~ Did you ever throw candy in the movie theater? Why waste perfectly good candy? No I never did.

~ Have you ever put a coin on the train track? Not that I recall

~ Home fries or hash browns? Hash browns. I had some this morning with my Huevos Rancheros.

~ You have to cook some chicken because some judge told you that's your punishment for not being detailed in your answers here. If he doesn't like the chicken you cook he will make you do it over, until he likes it. How will you make some good chicken for the creep? Hmmm, either chicken fajitas or chicken enchiladas

~ How many toes does a cat have? I do not know

~ What do you keep handy for wiping up any water splashed on your bathroom sink top? Either a wash cloth or towel

~ How many fingers does a cat have? I do not know

***** Yay! It's Fryday and the weekend is upon us! You know what that means! Eat something real good! Special friendship and smiles to you! ***** Back at ya', Roosty.

I hope you all have most wonderful weekend. Don't forget to take some time for yourself.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:23 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,825,032 times
Old 02-12-2016, 06:37 AM
rainroosty rainroosty started this thread
Don't be afraid to be yourself.
rainroosty is your friend.

15,414 posts, read 8,871,102 times

~ How many legs does a cat have? 4

~ Having a wire 'coat hanger', what useful thing will you fashion out of it? Try to make something nobody else in this thread has already made: hummingbird feeder holder

~ We're having pasta! Would you like yours with spaghetti sauce or would you like marinara? Marinara

~ Do you ever buy instant coffee? What kind? No

~ Have you seen a woodpecker in recent times? Yes

~ Have you ever tried a portabella mushroom? Love them

~ What are your ice cube trays made of? Plastic

~ Do your ice cubes sort of break up when you try to get some out of the tray? Yes

~ Do you have a surge protector protecting your computer? Yes

~ How many hands does a cat have? None

~ Google or Bing? Google

~ Have you bought something out of a vending machine in the last year? No

~ Did you ever eat the stale gum that came in a pack of baseball cards? Haha. .yes

~ Have you ever fired a slingshot? Yes

~ Have you ever had pizza with the sauce on top? yes

~ Are you just giving yes and no answers or are you really trying to do a good job? A good job

~ How many arms does a cat have? None

~ Did you ever throw candy in the movie theater? omg YES....I HIT THIS BALD GUY WITH A ROOT BEER BARREL. ..STILL CAN SEE HIS FACE WHEN IT TURNED AROUND..I BEANED HIM GOOD..

~ Have you ever put a coin on the train track?NO

~ Home fries or hash browns? HOME

~ You have to cook some chicken because some judge told you that's your punishment for not being detailed in your answers here. If he doesn't like the chicken you cook he will make you do it over, until he likes it. How will you make some good chicken for the creep? CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

~ How many toes does a cat have? 10

~ What do you keep handy for wiping up any water splashed on your bathroom sink top? SHIRTSLEEVE

~ How many fingers does a cat have? None..toes

Thanks ROOSTY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics