Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 12:01 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,963 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

Today is forecast to be a mild late-winter day, with a 40% chance of rain here in the Indiana Dunes area. We seem to really have skipped spring at this time, but we'll see what happens!

Sit for a bit, relax, and take a look at today's questions.

Today's Question(s):
My husband (and I've recently found out a friend's 12 year old daughter ) like sweet relish on ice cream. I like mashed potatoes mixed with egg noodles. Have you ever eaten weird food combinations? If so, what have you put together? And did you like it? Any future flavor ideas?

Bonus Question(s):
Could you label a blank formal place setting template?
Spoiler alert, the image has the answers below.
http://emilypost.com/advice/formal-place-setting/

Just for Fun:
Have you ever been to any kind of a reunion; class, family, military, sports, etc.?

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 2012 The world's oldest Charles Dickens film, dating from 1901, featuring a depiction of a Bleak House character, is rediscovered by the British Film Institute
Birthday: 1942 John Cale, Welsh musician
Pop Culture: 2014 The Barbie doll celebrates its 55th anniversary
Science/Technology: 2013 NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) spacecraft transmits images that for the very first time, allow scientists to create a 3D reconstruction of ancient water channels below the surface of Mars
Sports: 2014 NCAA basketball team Wichita State Shockers wins the Missouri Valley Conference championship undefeated

Today’s Word:
ludic
Pronunciation: (LOO-dik)
Meaning: adjective: Relating to play; playful.
Etymology: From French ludique, from Latin ludere (to play), from ludus (play). Ultimately from Indo-European root leid- (to play), which is also the ancestor of allude, collude, delude, elude, illusion, ludicrous, and Ludo.
Earliest documented use: 1940.

Today is:
Barbie Day
Discover What Your Name Means Day (Wednesday of First Full Week of March)
Fill Our Staplers Day
Get Over It Day
Joe Franklin Day
Panic Day
Registered Dietitian Day

Quote of the Day:
"Time plays a role in almost every decision. And some decisions define your attitude about time." ~ John Cale ~

Have a good day everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 12:03 AM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
[quote=PatsCats;43292504]Mornin' all!

Today is forecast to be a mild late-winter day, with a 40% chance of rain here in the Indiana Dunes area. We seem to really have skipped spring at this time, but we'll see what happens! Nice here too, 70-80's, no rain.

Today's Question(s):
My husband (and I've recently found out a friend's 12 year old daughter ) like sweet relish on ice cream. I like mashed potatoes mixed with egg noodles. Have you ever eaten weird food combinations? If so, what have you put together? And did you like it? Any future flavor ideas?
I tried a banana in a peanut butter sandwich some years ago. That's it, I don't like to experiment with stuff I'm digesting.

Bonus Question(s):

Just for Fun:
Have you ever been to any kind of a reunion; class, family, military, sports, etc.? HS twice, never again, such a boring time.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:17 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Mornin' all!

Today is forecast to be a mild late-winter day, with a 40% chance of rain here in the Indiana Dunes area. We seem to really have skipped spring at this time, but we'll see what happens!
We skipped winter here.

Today's Question(s):
The only thing I eat that could possibly be considered by some as weird is an avocado sandwich.

Bonus Question(s):

What ? Can't follow link while replying.
Just for Fun:
Have you ever been to any kind of a reunion; class, family, military, sports, etc.?

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 2012 The world's oldest Charles Dickens film, dating from 1901, featuring a depiction of a Bleak House character, is rediscovered by the British Film Institute
Science/Technology: 2013 NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) spacecraft transmits images that for the very first time, allow scientists to create a 3D reconstruction of ancient water channels below the surface of Mars
Sports: 2014 NCAA basketball team Wichita State Shockers wins the Missouri Valley Conference championship undefeated

Today’s Word:
ludic
Etymology: From French ludique, from Latin ludere (to play), from ludus (play). Ultimately from Indo-European root leid- (to play), which is also the ancestor of allude, collude, delude, elude, illusion, ludicrous, and Ludo.

Today is:
Barbie Day
Fill Our Staplers Day
Get Over It Day

Joe Franklin Day
Panic Day
Registered Dietitian Day

Quote of the Day:
"Time plays a role in almost every decision. And some decisions define your attitude about time." ~ John Cale ~

Thanks PatsCats! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 03-09-2016 at 12:27 AM..

Old 03-09-2016, 12:29 AM

38,897 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Today's Question(s):
My husband (and I've recently found out a friend's 12 year old daughter ) like sweet relish on ice cream. I like mashed potatoes mixed with egg noodles. Have you ever eaten weird food combinations? If so, what have you put together? And did you like it? Any future flavor ideas? I've mentioned this one a number of times--cut up red vines (red licorice) on hot, buttered popcorn. I was introduced to that combination by a former co-worker and yes, I liked it right away. Still do.

Bonus Question(s):
No, since I've never attended any formal dinners.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever been to any kind of a reunion; class, family, military, sports, etc.? Family reunion on the East Coast almost 20 years ago. I met some relatives for the first time there. It was fun!

Happy Hump Day!

Old 03-09-2016, 12:33 AM

38,897 posts, read 22,885,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Bonus Question(s):

If you're using the latest Firefox Web browser, just right-click on the link and select "Open in a new tab" or "Open in a new window." But you need to do this BEFORE you start writing your answers. You're welcome.

By the way, it's WAY past your bedtime, Young Man!

Old 03-09-2016, 12:33 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,804,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Great spring weather here already, so I'm sure yours is on its way!

Today's Question(s):
My husband (and I've recently found out a friend's 12 year old daughter ) like sweet relish on ice cream. I like mashed potatoes mixed with egg noodles. Have you ever eaten weird food combinations?
If so, what have you put
together?
And did you like it?
Any future flavor ideas? I believe I overheard ?some people? talking about mixing up broccoli with chocolate and chocolate with cheese... so maybe a chocolate & cheese broccoli casserole?

Bonus Question(s):

Just for Fun:

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
ludic

Today is:
Barbie Day
Fill Our Staplers Day
Get Over It Day
Joe Franklin Day
Panic Day
Registered Dietitian Day

Quote of the Day:

Thanks PatsCats for Wednesday's QotD, good day to you, too!

Here's to a wonderful winging it Wednesday all, enjoy!

Old 03-09-2016, 12:41 AM

2,322 posts, read 923,655 times
Mornin' all!

Today's Question(s):
My husband (and I've recently found out a friend's 12 year old daughter ) like sweet relish on ice cream. I like mashed potatoes mixed with egg noodles. Have you ever eaten weird food combinations? If so, what have you put together? And did you like it? Any future flavor ideas? The only thing I can think of is I put peanut butter or salt on my apples. I also like cold milk with hot dogs which is a problem since I've developed an intolerance to lactose as an adult.

Bonus Question(s):
I went 6/15; a sorry attempt unless I take into consideration that I've never attended etiquette classes, then I'm mildly impressed with myself

Today is:
Get Over It Day
Panic Day
I find ^this^ very interesting. If I observe one, can I really observe the other?

Quote of the Day:

Thank you PatsCats Have a good day everyone!

Old 03-09-2016, 12:47 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
If you're using the latest Firefox Web browser, just right-click on the link and select "Open in a new tab" or "Open in a new window." But you need to do this BEFORE you start writing your answers. You're welcome.

By the way, it's WAY past your bedtime, Young Man!
I was simply too lazy to bring up another tab. I use to keep three tabs up for CD.... I'm too old to deal with that many nowadays. LOL! It is almost my bedtime. Gnite everyone....well give me about 20 minutes.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:51 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,804,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Bonus Question(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
That's one way to do it, but I've always found it more efficient to just click on the Preview Post option while I'm writing/editing my reply post - then click on any of the links that are included in these QotDs from the preview version since they are clickable from there - then continue on with writing/editing my reply post before submitting.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:55 AM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
If putting sauteed mushrooms on fish is weird then I am guilty.

I've never been to anything formal.

I was dragged to my high school 10 year reunion by a then friend and I did not have a good time. I was bored and wanted to leave. Hardly knew anyone and had no interest in those attending. Never went again.

Thanks, PatsCats
Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics