Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 06:06 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Today I will be in Kalamazoo MI receiving a gift from a friend who is a musician. I wrote a poem, and she asked me if she could tweak the words and put it to music. I told her that I would be honored! So today I drive up to see her, and hear the song. I can't wait!
Cool! how did it go?

Today's Question(s):
In light of today's events, I thought I'd ask this. As I consider the song from my friend to be a gift, I am wondering if you have something that was given to you that might not seem like a gift in the traditional sense, but was a joy, had a very personal touch, and was simply a pleasure to receive (and maybe an equal pleasure to give)?
Probably doing things for people instead of giving them things, especially if they don't need things.

Bonus Question(s):
I can't stand to feel "uneven." For example, I hate it when one hand is warm and the other is cold. If the right side of my face itches, I also have to scratch the left side of my face. Do you have an idiosyncrasy that you don't mind sharing with us?
Can feel "naked" if I don't have my keys and pocketknife in my pockets.

Just for Fun:
In high school, I had a crush on a friend's brother. While at a slumber party at her house, I slipped and fell down the stairs, and fell right into said brother! All the girls squealed, and started chanting "You fell for him! You fell for him!" I was dreadfully embarrassed! Today I see the humor. Is there a brief story that you are willing to share that you can laugh about now, but wasn't funny at the time?
Fell down in a puddle during a baseball game once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics