Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 04:13 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times

Advertisements

~ Did you look through colored cellophane around Easter time?

~ What are 2 or 3 games that you like to play?

~ If you saute mushrooms in butter, how long will they last in a covered tupperware container in the refrigerator?

~ What do you use as a tool to cut wires?

~ What would you buy next if you were shopping for one --Desktop, Laptop or Notebook computer?

~ Are you at this moment using wireless or hardwired (Ethernet) Internet service/signal?

~ What is something you could eat that makes your mouth unhappy?

~ How about a shout-out to up to 3 guitar players!:

~ Have you ever eaten Yorkshire Puddings or Popovers?

~ What would you enjoy doing on a windy day?

~ What would you enjoy doing on a calm day with almost zero wind?

~ Can you remember the last thing you got a refund on?

~ Do you ever use garlic powder or onion powder?

~ Where shall we go to buy a good tasting cup of coffee - or ice cream treat of some sort?

***** Happy Fryday & Happy Weekend, folks. EAT!

Hey!

Why does a bunny bring eggs and why do they have those 'Peeps' chickies? *****

Last edited by rainroosty; 03-25-2016 at 04:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 04:16 AM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
~ Did you look through colored cellophane around Easter time? - I do not remember that.

~ What are 2 or 3 games that you like to play? - I'd play Scrabble if given the opportunity / had someone to play with. Maybe poker for fun only. A day at the horse race track is a possibility too but I currently can't afford that.

~ If you saute mushrooms in butter, how long will they last in a covered tupperware container in the refrigerator? - Never did that and I cook them often. Leftovers is something I almost never have.

~ What do you use as a tool to cut wires? - I can't remember I ever did, at least not as an adult.

~ What would you buy next if you were shopping for one --Desktop, Laptop or Notebook computer? - I like my current desktop which is now 9 years old and still running fine.

~ Are you at this moment using wireless or hardwired (Ethernet) Internet service/signal? - Hardwired.

~ What is something you could eat that makes your mouth unhappy? - Spicy food.

~ How about a shout-out to up to 3 guitar players!: - Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, Robin Trower.

~ Have you ever eaten Yorkshire Puddings or Popovers? - Nope.

~ What would enjoy doing on a windy day? - Going for a walk is fine.

~ What would you enjoy doing on a calm day with almost zero wind? - Same.

~ Can you remember the last thing you got a refund on? - Nope.

~ Do you ever use garlic powder or onion powder? - No.

~ Where shall we go to buy a good tasting cup of coffee - or ice cream treat of some sort? - I'm a non-coffee drinker.

For ice cream - The University Of Maryland Dairy store. Fantastic homemade ice cream. Big scoops too! They are located in the basement of the Stamp Student Union Building.

Thanks, rainroosty.
Happy Friday to all!

Last edited by John13; 03-25-2016 at 04:36 AM..

Old 03-25-2016, 04:42 AM

2,322 posts, read 923,655 times
~ Did you look through colored cellophane around Easter time? When I was a kid, sure.

~ What are 2 or 3 games that you like to play? Mahjong and TextTwist.

~ If you saute mushrooms in butter, how long will they last in a covered tupperware container in the refrigerator? I don't know, they've never made it into the refrigerator.

~ What do you use as a tool to cut wires? A wire cutter. A kitchen knife if I've misplaced the cutter.

~ What would you buy next if you were shopping for one --Desktop, Laptop or Notebook computer? Laptop. I'll purchase a desktop whenever I move into my forever home.

~ Are you at this moment using wireless or hardwired (Ethernet) Internet service/signal? Wireless.

~ What is something you could eat that makes your mouth unhappy? For the life of me I cannot think of anything that I do not like at this time.

~ How about a shout-out to up to 3 guitar players!: Andrés Segovia, Kaki King and Robert Johnson

~ What would enjoy doing on a windy day? Sailing. Or Cuddling.

~ What would you enjoy doing on a calm day with almost zero wind? Walking. Or Cuddling.

~ Can you remember the last thing you got a refund on? An ebook that I did not mean to purchase on amazon. It was only $0.99, but it was the principle that mattered.

~ Do you ever use garlic powder or onion powder? Garlic powder, but I prefer to use the actual cloves when appropriate.

~ Where shall we go to buy a good tasting cup of coffee - or ice cream treat of some sort?

Happy Fryday & Happy Weekend, folks. EAT! <===== Ditto! Talk about lazy Thanks rainroosty.

Last edited by winrunner; 03-25-2016 at 04:59 AM..

Old 03-25-2016, 05:43 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,804,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Did you look through colored cellophane around Easter time?
On the Easter Baskets, perhaps.

~ What are 2 or 3 games that you like to play?
These daily QotDs & Text-Twist

~ If you saute mushrooms in butter, how long will they last in a covered tupperware container in the refrigerator?
Maybe a week, guess that'd be up to the person that did that, which wouldn't be me!

Wire cutters

~ What would you buy next if you were shopping for one --Desktop, Laptop or Notebook computer?
Laptop is by far the most versatile!

~ Are you at this moment using wireless or hardwired (Ethernet) Internet service/signal?
Satellite

~ What is something you could eat that makes your mouth unhappy?
Persimmons

Hendrix, Clapton & Van Halen

Have made popovers several times, very good!

~ What would you enjoy doing on a windy day?
Walking/wading at the beachif the temps were comfortable as well.

Same as above ^^^^

Returned items

~ Do you ever use garlic powder or onion powder?
Garlic powder/salt most every day; onion powder/salt occasionally.

Good coffee & ice cream (Blue Bell) both in my own kitchen

Hey!
Very good question for the Easter Bunny!
Thanks Roosty for Friday's QotD!

Wishing All of You A Good Friday, Enjoy!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-25-2016 at 06:12 AM..

Old 03-25-2016, 06:12 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times
~ Did you look through colored cellophane around Easter time? Maybe when I was a kid.

~ What are 2 or 3 games that you like to play? Monopoly, Scrabble and Uno.

~ If you saute mushrooms in butter, how long will they last in a covered tupperware container in the refrigerator? Not very long because I like mushrooms.

~ What do you use as a tool to cut wires? For thin wires a sharp knife or scissors.

~ What would you buy next if you were shopping for one --Desktop, Laptop or Notebook computer? Laptop.

~ Are you at this moment using wireless or hardwired (Ethernet) Internet service/signal? Wireless.

~ What is something you could eat that makes your mouth unhappy? Hot peppers.

~ How about a shout-out to up to 3 guitar players!: Eric Clapton, Richie Sambora and Steve Vai

~ Have you ever eaten Yorkshire Puddings or Popovers? Don't think so.

~ What would you enjoy doing on a windy day? Maybe fly a kite.

~ What would you enjoy doing on a calm day with almost zero wind? Take a walk.

~ Can you remember the last thing you got a refund on? No.

~ Do you ever use garlic powder or onion powder? Garlic powder sometimes.

~ Where shall we go to buy a good tasting cup of coffee - or ice cream treat of some sort? For ice cream we can go to Friendly's.

Hey!

[/quote]

Have a nice holiday weekend, everyone.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:33 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,132 times
~ Did you look through colored cellophane around Easter time? Well, not as an Easter tradition, but I have a few times.

~ What are 2 or 3 games that you like to play? Apples to Apples, Reminisce (A game my sister made)

~ If you saute mushrooms in butter, how long will they last in a covered tupperware container in the refrigerator? They wouldn't make it to the refrigerator.

~ What do you use as a tool to cut wires? Can't remember the last time I cut wire.

~ What is something you could eat that makes your mouth unhappy? I COULD eat lima beans, but I won't.

~ How about a shout-out to up to 3 guitar players!: BB King, Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton

~ Have you ever eaten Yorkshire Puddings or Popovers? Don't think so

~ What would you enjoy doing on a windy day? Fly a kite with grands at the beach

~ What would you enjoy doing on a calm day with almost zero wind? Kayak

~ Can you remember the last thing you got a refund on? Taxes

~ Do you ever use garlic powder or onion powder? I use a lot of garlic & onion, but not garlic or onion powder.

~ Where shall we go to buy a good tasting cup of coffee - or ice cream treat of some sort? We'll have to wait at least another month for it to open, but let's go to the Icecream Machine in Charlestown, NH.

Hey!

Why does a bunny bring eggs and why do they have those 'Peeps' chickies? ***** If the kids were here I'd ask them.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:39 AM

7,369 posts, read 5,483,693 times
Did you look through colored cellophane around Easter time? Yes, as a kid

~ What are 2 or 3 games that you like to play? Euchre, Scrabble, Cards Against Humanity.

~ What do you use as a tool to cut wires? Wire cutters

~ What would you buy next if you were shopping for one --Desktop, Laptop or Notebook computer? Laptop

~ Are you at this moment using wireless or hardwired (Ethernet) Internet service/signal? Wireless

~ What is something you could eat that makes your mouth unhappy? Pizza

~ How about a shout-out to up to 3 guitar players!: Jimmy Page, Eddie Van Halen, Eric Clapton

~ Have you ever eaten Yorkshire Puddings or Popovers? No

~ What would you enjoy doing on a windy day? Stay inside

~ What would you enjoy doing on a calm day with almost zero wind? Sit outside

~ Can you remember the last thing you got a refund on? Tax return, federal and state

~ Do you ever use garlic powder or onion powder? All the time

~ Where shall we go to buy a good tasting cup of coffee - or ice cream treat of some sort? Ice cream, a local place.

Hey!

[/quote]

Old 03-25-2016, 07:45 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
~ Did you look through colored cellophane around Easter time? No

~ What are 2 or 3 games that you like to play? FunTriviaDuel, Flip Words

~ If you saute mushrooms in butter, how long will they last in a covered tupperware container in the refrigerator? No idea - don't eat mushrooms

If I was buying a replacement - desktop. If I was buying a second computer - notebook.

~ Are you at this moment using wireless or hardwired (Ethernet) Internet service/signal? Hardwired

~ What is something you could eat that makes your mouth unhappy? lima beans, coconut

Three guitar players walked into a bar and LauraC yelled out, "Yo! Yo! Yo! and if there was a 4th one, Yo!"

~ Have you ever eaten Yorkshire Puddings or Popovers? No

~ What would you enjoy doing on a windy day? Watching the flags on the metal flagpoles or listening to windchimes.

Butterflies on flowers photography.

~ Can you remember the last thing you got a refund on? No

~ Do you ever use garlic powder or onion powder? All the time when cooking.

Dumser's Dairyland

Old 03-25-2016, 07:55 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,053,589 times
~ Did you look through colored cellophane around Easter time? No I did not

~ What are 2 or 3 games that you like to play? Monopoly,Scrabble,Canasta card game

~ If you saute mushrooms in butter, how long will they last in a covered tupperware container in the refrigerator? We eat them the same evening for dinner

~ What do you use as a tool to cut wires? I never cut wire but DH did and he has a special wire cutter but I do not know the name for it

~ What would you buy next if you were shopping for one --Desktop, Laptop or Notebook computer? Laptop

~ Are you at this moment using wireless or hardwired (Ethernet) Internet service/signal? we pay monthly to a company

~ What is something you could eat that makes your mouth unhappy? pineapple

~ Have you ever eaten Yorkshire Puddings or Popovers? Yorkshire pudding

~ What would you enjoy doing on a windy day? Land sailing

~ What would you enjoy doing on a calm day with almost zero wind? go hiking in the mountains

~ Do you ever use garlic powder or onion powder? sometimes

~ Where shall we go to buy a good tasting cup of coffee - or ice cream treat of some sort? I don't really know maybe a cozy cafe in Germany

Hey!

Thank you roosty

Old 03-25-2016, 08:12 AM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
~ Did you look through colored cellophane around Easter time? Probably when I was a kid there was a time or two when I had an Easter basket with colored cellophane. I don't recall specifically, though. I believe our baskets usually weren't wrapped. They just had some fake grass and were filled with jelly beans, chocolate coins, eggs that we'd colored the day before and usually one large Fannie May chocolate egg with a nougat filling. No one got toys for Easter when I was a kid.

~ What are 2 or 3 games that you like to play? I love to play Farkle and Scrabble.

~ If you saute mushrooms in butter, how long will they last in a covered tupperware container in the refrigerator? In my fridge they'd probably last a week. Since I live alone and am not home much, the fridge is not opened often and it stays very cold. I'm often amazed at how well food keeps in it.

~ What do you use as a tool to cut wires? I've probably only cut a wire two or three times in my life. I used a heavy-duty pair of scissors, since I don't have a wire cutter.

~ What would you buy next if you were shopping for one --Desktop, Laptop or Notebook computer? Possibly a Notebook. I really like my laptop but it's a biggie and it's heavy. It would be nice to have a Notebook that's more easily carried. However, I can't justify buying another computer when the one I have works perfectly fine.

~ Are you at this moment using wireless or hardwired (Ethernet) Internet service/signal? Ethernet.

~ What is something you could eat that makes your mouth unhappy? Raw carrots. Yuck. Blecch. Ca-ca. Ick. Ptooey.

~ How about a shout-out to up to 3 guitar players!: Okay! Hello to Jimi Hendrix, Peter Frampton and Rainroosty.

~ Have you ever eaten Yorkshire Puddings or Popovers? Yes. A dear friend sent me a recipe for Yorkshire Pudding several years ago and I've made it a couple of times. Fab! I had also had it once at a friend's home, decades ago.

~ What would you enjoy doing on a windy day? If it's cold and windy, I'd prefer to stay indoors. If it's warm and windy I'd go for a walk and would make sure I had my hair tied back so it wouldn't get in my face.

~ What would you enjoy doing on a calm day with almost zero wind? If it's warm out, I'd love spending the day gardening and doing other yard work. I'd also go for a nice, long walk in a wooded park.

~ Can you remember the last thing you got a refund on? Nope.

~ Do you ever use garlic powder or onion powder? Yes. I use garlic powder quite often. I don't use onion powder.

~ Where shall we go to buy a good tasting cup of coffee - or ice cream treat of some sort? Hmmm. I'm not a coffee connoisseur, so I'm not sure about the best place for coffee. For ice cream, I'd go to a South Bend Chocolate Company store. It's a chain in this area and they not only have wonderful chocolates but also several delicious ice cream flavors.

***** Happy Fryday & Happy Weekend, folks. EAT! Hey, I'm no Day Five of a diet. No pigging out for me anytime soon.

Hey!

Why does a bunny bring eggs and why do they have those 'Peeps' chickies? ***** I have no idea why someone started the tradition of bunnies bringing eggs and chicks having anything to do with Easter. I think perhaps eggs were associated with Easter because eggs contain new life. (Although the eggs we eat are no longer viable. Hmmm. Great. Now you've got me trying to figure out that one, roosty. ) I can't believe I liked to eat Peeps when I was a little kid. All that sugar - yuck!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-25-2016 at 08:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics