Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 07:26 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
yup 2 goldens

I love your wall unit I would love something like that for my library to help keep the dogs out of the books
Oh no, you mean to tell me your dogs not only go after the paper towels but the books too? Ok Back to your question. I'd like to expand my master bathroom, so I could have a garden tub overlooking a garden and add a separate walk in shower.

Last edited by ElizaTeal; 02-16-2008 at 07:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 07:35 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
If you could blink your eyes or snap your fingers and a room would appear in or attached to your house what would you use it for ?
I would say an exercise room. Right now I have my weight bench and all the weights in the garage, which is okay when it's below 90 degrees outside, but in Phoenix, it's not uncommon to see high temperatures above 110 degrees in July..

Old 02-16-2008, 07:55 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I would like to have a room where my patio is but enclosed. Sort of a Florida/Sun room with lots of huge green plants and wicker furniture. Solid top and glass all around. On second thought since I am just blinking, let's make it extend all the way across to the garage and include a workspace for my Dh and his computers and telephones.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:50 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
*sighs* Wish I had a house to add a magic room to......

Old 02-16-2008, 09:09 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,203,422 times
It's too early for me to think.. but right now I need a gym.. with a view
http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh142/Dragonorbit/th_oceanview.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-16-2008, 09:15 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I would say an exercise room. Right now I have my weight bench and all the weights in the garage, which is okay when it's below 90 degrees outside, but in Phoenix, it's not uncommon to see high temperatures above 110 degrees in July..
Same problem here Mike,,,,, all the weights in the garage. I do nothing but wait to clean it out, wait to give it way to charity, wait to have a yard sale, wait to allow Mrs. Ak to tell me it’s time to clean it up, and wait to figure out “just how anyone can put twice as much into a two car garage? It’s a miracle that all this junk could be in one place I tell you.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:24 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Thumbs up the wayback room ~ or the special room ? works for me!

If there could be another “room” ~ it would be my “wayback room”. You could enter the room and go way back to any time period in your life. I’d love to go back and change some of the things I did or didn’t do. Maybe it should be called a “do over” room, except there are many things in the past that are worth reliving and not changing at all ~ that are too special. So the “special” room should be added to my address asap!

Old 02-16-2008, 09:31 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
Now here's a question I have actually been pondering, if not in fact, at least in my imagination.

I had thought when moving here I could have an art studio in the cellar--spacious, well lighted, and comfortable.

Didn't happen! It is dank, and so damp, it makes my bone ache.

So, I'd like to add a room on as an art studio--great light, northern exposure, about 20x20, and haul all my stuff into it and be creative.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:52 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times
My choice would be a huge Library. Floor to ceiling shelves. Comfortable recliners. Sound system for my favorite music. Huge fireplace with wood mantle. Put my 10 pt. buck over it (Now, now, don't anyone get all upset.) Leather sofa with handmade quilts for those snoozes. Big bay window w/seat for those dreamy moments I have.

Desk for my Apple laptop. Small refrig. for drinks and snacks. No telephone! Yes, a huge Library would be just fine.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:58 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
I often wanted one of these, too.

Can I have two new rooms, Karla?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
My choice would be a huge Library. Floor to ceiling shelves. Comfortable recliners. Sound system for my favorite music. Huge fireplace with wood mantle. Put my 10 pt. buck over it (Now, now, don't anyone get all upset.) Leather sofa with handmade quilts for those snoozes. Big bay window w/seat for those dreamy moments I have.

Desk for my Apple laptop. Small refrig. for drinks and snacks. No telephone! Yes, a huge Library would be just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics