Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 05:14 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times

Advertisements

Today’s Questions:
What do you do when you are in the mood to treat yourself? - Eh.. I don't treat myself.. any treats that I get are usually from others who toss things and tell me to fetch them.. or ask me to sit and roll over.. Don't worry, I don't hump their legs... - Seriously, it varies.

Bonus Question:
What bedtime rituals do you have? Do you need to lie in a certain position in order to get to sleep? What kind of pillow do you prefer? - Rituals? Hmm.. Nothing other than thanking the Good Lord for everything. If I'm tired, I'll asleep anywhere, I don't need to lie in any particular position to fall asleep. LOL.. How many kind of pillows are there? I think a clean one works for me..

Just For Fun:
Think of an old picture of you that is funny, unflattering or embarrassing. What was the occasion, and what were you doing when the shutter snapped? What do you think about when you see the picture now? - Hmm.. I don't know, I'll have to go to one particular.. clothing.. store where they probably got me on security camera... after somebody played a prank on me... (some of you know the story)

Today is
National Mutt Day - Oh.. Does that include Alaskan Mutts? If So, happy Mutt Day Alaskan Mutt, Got 10 pounds of Stinky Cheese coming your way.

Thanks for the questions Bayarea, everyone enjoy a blessed and a relaxing Sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 05:38 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,053,589 times
Good morning and welcome to the Question of the Day for Sunday, July 31, 2016

If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Leo. Some famous people who share your birthday are authors J. K. Rowling and Jonathan Dimbleby; tennis great Evonne Goolagong; guitarist-singer Kenny Burrell; scientist-author Primo Levi; entrepreneur Mark Cuban; actress-producer Sherry Lansing; actress Geraldine Chaplin; and actors Richard Griffiths, Dean Cain and Wesley Snipes.

Today’s Questions:
What do you do when you are in the mood to treat yourself? I call my sister @ heart /best friend for over 52 years and we chat for at least 2 hours on the phone

Bonus Question:
What bedtime rituals do you have? Do you need to lie in a certain position in order to get to sleep? I always say quietly my prayer since my childhood ,think about the day,turn to my right side and always face towards the window watching the moon or stars til I fall asleepWhat kind of pillow do you prefer? a soft one

Just For Fun:
Think of an old picture of you that is funny, unflattering or embarrassing. What was the occasion, and what were you doing when the shutter snapped? What do you think about when you see the picture now? I have only cute ones

Today in History:
1498 - Christopher Columbus, on his third voyage to the Western Hemisphere, arrives at the island of Trinidad.
1790 - The first U.S. patent is issued to Samuel Hopkins for his process for making potash and pearl ashes, substances used in fertilizer.
1792 - The cornerstone of the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia, PA, is laid. It is the first building to be used only as a U.S. government building.
1845 – The French Army’s military band introduces a new musical instrument invented by Adolphe Sax – the saxophone.
1919 - Germany's Weimar Constitution is adopted.
1928 - MGM’s Leo the lion roars for the first time. He introduces MGM’s first talking picture, White Shadows on the South Seas.
1932 - Enzo Ferrari retires from racing. In 1950 he will launch a series of cars under his name.
1944 – Author and aviator Antoine de Saint-Exupéry sets out on a mission to overfly Occupied France. He is never seen again.
1945 - Pierre Laval of France, a high official in the Vichy government, surrenders to Americans in Austria.
1948 - U.S. President Truman helps dedicate New York International Airport (later John F. Kennedy International Airport) at Idlewild Field.
1955 - Marilyn Bell of Toronto, Canada, at age 17, becomes the youngest person to swim the English Channel.
1959 - The Euskadi Ta Askatasuna (ETA) was founded. The group is known for being an armed Basque nationalist and separatist organization.
1961 - The first tie in All-Star Game major league baseball history is recorded when the game is stopped in the 9th inning due to rain at Boston's Fenway Park.
1964 - The American space probe Ranger 7 transmits pictures of the moon's surface.
1969 – Moscow police report that thousands of phone booths have become inoperative due to parts being stolen by thieves to convert their acoustic guitars to electric.
1971 - Men ride in a vehicle on the moon for the first time in a lunar rover vehicle (LRV).
1981 - The seven-week baseball players’ strike comes to an end when the players and owners agree on the issue of free agent compensation.
1982 - Yugoslavia imposes a six-month freeze on prices.
1989 – Hezbollah, the Shi’a pro-Iranian group in Lebanon, releases a videotape reportedly showing the hanged body of American hostage Col. William R. Higgins.
1989 - The Game Boy handheld video game device is released in the U.S.
1991 U.S. President George H.W. Bush and Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev sign the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty.
1995 - The Walt Disney Company agrees to acquire Capital Cities/ABC in a $19 billion deal.
1999 - The spacecraft Lunar Prospect crashes into the moon. It was a mission to detect frozen water on the moon's surface. The craft had been launched on January 6, 1998.
2007 - The iTunes Music Store reaches 3 billion songs sold.

Word of the Day:
disparate
ˈdispərət,dəˈsperət/
1. essentially different in kind; not allowing comparison.
2. containing or made up of fundamentally different, often incongruous elements.
Example: “They inhabit disparate worlds of thought.”

Quote of the Day:
“A designer knows that he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Today is
National Raspberry Cake Day
World Ranger Day
Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day
National Mutt Day

Thank you Bayarea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics