Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 09:40 AM

903 posts, read 583,535 times

Advertisements

Well it's here....and I have to admit I voted early but just couldn't vote for either one...THAT has never happened in my 38 years of voting....there...got that off my chest. ..on to the questions. .
I did that 12 to 16-years ago for a Governor or Senator. This year I will be voting for one of 'em.

DING DING DING. ..LAURA C GUESSED THE NUMBER OF THE WEEK....47.....
TAKE A CHANCE.....PICK A NUMBER 1-100!!__13_____ ...Sooner or later

BEST ANSWER LAST WEEK..ALASKAN MUTT
Have you ever had to wear a Holter monitor overnight to check for palpitations or arrhythmia? I had to wear something when I was in the hospital a few years ago. Only once was I glad I was wearing it. I really needed to go to the bathroom. I needed help getting out of bed so I pressed the nurse call button. As usual the staff was really busy and after waiting 20 minutes I was getting rather desperate. I was about call 911. I waited another 5 minutes and then decided it was time for desperate actions. I unplugged the wires to the heart monitor. A nurse came running in my room. She was actually not amused to find me laying there not in cardiac arrest. Had to listen to the riot act before she helped me get out of bed. A couple days later the nurse got her revenge when removing the adhesive pads stuck on my chest for the wires. Let's just say I have won a hairy chest contest before!
AWESOME HOSPITAL SAGA MUTT
I don't blame you though.

1. HAVE YOU EVER BID ON AN ITEM AT A SILENT AUCTION?
Yes, and even had to go back a few times to make sure I won.

2. WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE FIRST LADY?

3.DID YOU RUMMAGE THROUGH ANY KIDS HALLOWEEN LEFTOVER CANDY THIS WEEK?
No, we had some of what we gave it left over

4. DO OR DID YOUR COWORKERS EVER BRING IN THEIR KIDS STUFF AS A TREAT FOR THE OFFICE?
I have done that.

5. PRESIDENT__Washington_______

6. DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIENDS ON LOCAL BALLOTS RUNNING FOR ANY OFFICE?
A friend is running for Mayor and someone I know is running for City Council. Another friend was on a council for 8-years, I believe. I served on our Planning Commission for 8-years, an appointed position.

7. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH SOMEONE...ROOM MATE, FAMILY. .ANYBODY... AND YOU'VE HIDDEN FOOD SO THEY DIDNT EAT IT? --

8. HAVE YOU EVER SET FOOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE? -- , although I have been close. We use to live in Potomac, MD.
YOUR STATE CAPITAL BUILDING? --

9. WHAT IS YOUR STATE CAPITAL? -- Sacramento

10. DO YOU HAVE TO RAKE LEAVES? -- A few

11. ___Election____DAY

12. WILL YOU WATCH THE VOTING RETURNS TONIGHT? --

13. Do you know which president had a campaign advertisement promising "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE?" --

Dessert of the Day..HOW PRESIDENTIAL
https://www.google.com/amp/s/allreci...ndroid-verizon

Have a great week everyone!!! See ya next Tuesday! !
This, too, shall pass. cd :O)
Have a great day!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 10:19 AM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
My lucky number is 45.

I have.

Tie, Nancy Reagan and Laura Bush.

Nope

4. DO OR DID YOUR COWORKERS EVER BRING IN THEIR KIDS STUFF AS A TREAT FOR THE OFFICE?
Yep

5. PRESIDENT Elect

No

7. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH SOMEONE...ROOM MATE, FAMILY. .ANYBODY... AND YOU'VE HIDDEN FOOD SO THEY DIDNT EAT IT?
No

8. HAVE YOU EVER SET FOOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE?
We do have a West Wing replica in town, does that count?

The Experience - Quality West Wing

And we have had dinner here a few times.

Anaheim White House Restaurant - Italian Steak House

YOUR STATE CAPITAL BUILDING?
No

9. WHAT IS YOUR STATE CAPITAL?
Sacamento, sometimes Prescott

10. DO YOU HAVE TO RAKE LEAVES?
Not ant more.

11. Labor DAY

12. WILL YOU WATCH THE VOTING RETURNS TONIGHT?
Off and on.

13. Do you know which president had a campaign advertisement promising "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE?"
I thought I did.

Thanx Linda.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:37 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,709 times
TAKE A CHANCE.....PICK A NUMBER 1-100!! 22

Have you ever had to wear a Holter monitor overnight to check for palpitations or arrhythmia? I had to wear something when I was in the hospital a few years ago. Only once was I glad I was wearing it. I really needed to go to the bathroom. I needed help getting out of bed so I pressed the nurse call button. As usual the staff was really busy and after waiting 20 minutes I was getting rather desperate. I was about call 911. I waited another 5 minutes and then decided it was time for desperate actions. I unplugged the wires to the heart monitor. A nurse came running in my room. She was actually not amused to find me laying there not in cardiac arrest. Had to listen to the riot act before she helped me get out of bed. A couple days later the nurse got her revenge when removing the adhesive pads stuck on my chest for the wires. Let's just say I have won a hairy chest contest before!

No
Haven't had one. I haven't liked either of the presidents in my lifetime. I was 6 when Bush took office and 14 when Obama did.
No
No
5. PRESIDENT Elect

No
7. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH SOMEONE...ROOM MATE, FAMILY. .ANYBODY... AND YOU'VE HIDDEN FOOD SO THEY DIDNT EAT IT?
No
No to the first, yes to the second. I went on a field trip in 3rd grade to our capital and we got to go inside.
Annapolis. It's a beautiful place.
Yes, unfortunately
11. Hey DAY

I'll probably just watch it online
13. Do you know which president had a campaign advertisement promising "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE?"
No idea

Old 11-08-2016, 10:37 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,383,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
Well it's here....and I have to admit I voted early but just couldn't vote for either one...THAT has never happened in my 38 years of voting....there...got that off my chest. ..on to the questions. .

TAKE A CHANCE.....PICK A NUMBER 1-100!!_________

5. PRESIDENT______________

11. _________DAY

1.I never bid on a item at a a silent auction
2.Nancy Reagan is my favorite first lady
3.Yes,I did eat leftover Halloween candy
4.No
5.President Reagan
6.No,I do not or at least I dont think so
7.I think I have hid food
8.I have never been to the White House.I have been to my state capitol.
9.Austin,Texas
10.No,I do not have to rake leaves
11.Election Day
12.Yes.
13.No,I do not

Old 11-08-2016, 11:58 AM

7,336 posts, read 2,742,977 times
1. HAVE YOU EVER BID ON AN ITEM AT A SILENT AUCTION? No

2. WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE FIRST LADY? There have a been a few that I admired.

3.DID YOU RUMMAGE THROUGH ANY KIDS HALLOWEEN LEFTOVER CANDY THIS WEEK? No. The dogs did not go trick or treating.

4. DO OR DID YOUR COWORKERS EVER BRING IN THEIR KIDS STUFF AS A TREAT FOR THE OFFICE? Nope. I am retired.

5. PRESIDENT_Silent Cal Coolidge_____________

6. DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIENDS ON LOCAL BALLOTS RUNNING FOR ANY OFFICE? Two-running against each other for Sheriff.

7. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH SOMEONE...ROOM MATE, FAMILY. .ANYBODY... AND YOU'VE HIDDEN FOOD SO THEY DIDNT EAT IT? Yep

8. HAVE YOU EVER SET FOOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE? "The" white house. No. My white house, yes.
YOUR STATE CAPITAL BUILDING? Yes

9. WHAT IS YOUR STATE CAPITAL? Santa Fe

10. DO YOU HAVE TO RAKE LEAVES? No. I let the wind take care of the leaves.

11. __Present_______DAY

12. WILL YOU WATCH THE VOTING RETURNS TONIGHT? Not continuously, no.

13. Do you know which president had a campaign advertisement promising "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE?" President Hoover

Thanks Linda for the questions. Happy Tuesday to every one.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:49 PM

38,895 posts, read 22,885,731 times
DING DING DING. ..LAURA C GUESSED THE NUMBER OF THE WEEK....47..... Congratulations!
TAKE A CHANCE.....PICK A NUMBER 1-100!! 58

AWESOME HOSPITAL SAGA MUTT Makes me want to stay away from hospitals. Especially if the nurses are like Nurse Ratched.

1. HAVE YOU EVER BID ON AN ITEM AT A SILENT AUCTION? No.

2. WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE FIRST LADY? Toss-up between Nancy Reagan and Laura Bush.

3.DID YOU RUMMAGE THROUGH ANY KIDS HALLOWEEN LEFTOVER CANDY THIS WEEK? No kids here.

4. DO OR DID YOUR COWORKERS EVER BRING IN THEIR KIDS STUFF AS A TREAT FOR THE OFFICE? A couple of times but not recently.

5. PRESIDENT Zachary Taylor

6. DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIENDS ON LOCAL BALLOTS RUNNING FOR ANY OFFICE? No.

7. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH SOMEONE...ROOM MATE, FAMILY. .ANYBODY... AND YOU'VE HIDDEN FOOD SO THEY DIDNT EAT IT? No, thankfully.

8. HAVE YOU EVER SET FOOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE? Not yet.
YOUR STATE CAPITAL BUILDING? Several times.

9. WHAT IS YOUR STATE CAPITAL? Sacramento.

10. DO YOU HAVE TO RAKE LEAVES? Yes but not very many.

11. Independence DAY

12. WILL YOU WATCH THE VOTING RETURNS TONIGHT? I'll peek in every so often. I'll have the TV news on as background noise while I do other things.

13. Do you know which president had a campaign advertisement promising "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE?" I think it was Herbert Hoover.

I hope everyone had a terrific Tuesday.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:28 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times

TAKE A CHANCE.....PICK A NUMBER 1-100!!_________

1. HAVE YOU EVER BID ON AN ITEM AT A SILENT AUCTION? No

2. WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE FIRST LADY? did we have a second

3.DID YOU RUMMAGE THROUGH ANY KIDS HALLOWEEN LEFTOVER CANDY THIS WEEK? no kid no candy

4. DO OR DID YOUR COWORKERS EVER BRING IN THEIR KIDS STUFF AS A TREAT FOR THE OFFICE? retired

5. PRESIDENT Alfred E. Newuman

6. DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIENDS ON LOCAL BALLOTS RUNNING FOR ANY OFFICE? Mayor of Oz

7. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH SOMEONE...ROOM MATE, FAMILY. .ANYBODY... AND YOU'VE HIDDEN FOOD SO THEY DIDNT EAT IT? Yes .... X

8. HAVE YOU EVER SET FOOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE? Only AF#1 & 2

9. WHAT IS YOUR STATE CAPITAL? Nashville

10. DO YOU HAVE TO RAKE LEAVES? No.... deep compost

11. Sleep in DAY

12. WILL YOU WATCH THE VOTING RETURNS TONIGHT? Going to bed and hibernate till 2021

13. Do you know which president had a campaign advertisement promising "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE?" Herbert Eureka

Thanks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics