Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 02:56 PM

7,336 posts, read 2,743,364 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
As an adult, have you ever gone on vacation with extended family
(not just your spouse/offspring, but for example your parents or grandparents) ? No
If you have (or have had) in-laws, did you ever go on vacation together (with them) ? Absolutely NOT!

Have you taken a vacation in a group ? No
If so, was it a group which booked the plans together, that knew each other beforehand-
or a group made up of random strangers, who only met upon arrival ?

Extra Credit:
Where you live, do drivers in oncoming traffic signal that you can turn (they’ll let you cross lanes first) by flashing/blinking their headlights ?
Or by a wave of the hand ? We do this a lot at stop signs
If you cross the street on foot, do you exchange acknowledgment with drivers who stop in traffic for pedestrians ? Yes

Have you ever locked your keys
inside your car ? Once, long ago. I went back in the store and got a wire hanger and that solved the problem quickly.
Have you ever left something (phone, drink, purse, gloves, etc.) on top of your car, when driving away ? No
Have you ever had another driver try to get your attention, and you thought at first he/she was being rude, but it turned out they were only trying to be helpful-
bc. you had a vehicle problem (or something along those lines) that you hadn’t noticed ? Not that I remember.

Bonus:

If you eat ice cream, popsicles, or other frozen treats…do you only consume them in summer/warm months, or do you enjoy them year-round (incl. during winter) ? Ice cream year round!

Just for Fun:

Have you ever laid on a massage table (cushioned platform with donut-shaped headrest, used by a massage therapist) ? No
Have you ever sat in an electric massaging chair (furniture which advertises itself as providing full-body massage) ? No

Thanks for the questions and the maze, Cloven. Happy Monday to one and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 03:40 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,963 times
Afternoon all!

Today’s Question: As an adult, have you ever gone on vacation with extended family (not just your spouse/offspring, but for example your parents or grandparents) ? If you have (or have had) in-laws, did you ever go on vacation together (with them) ?
We didn't vacation much when I was a kid. Once or twice it was with my mom, step-dad, and my grandmother. As an adult, I've traveled with my sister, and quite a bit with hubby. Sometimes travel was to visit family, sometimes just for fun.

Have you taken a vacation in a group ? If so, was it a group which booked the plans together, that knew each other beforehand-or a group made up of random strangers, who only met upon arrival ?
I have traveled twice with my junior high band, and once with my high school French club.

Extra Credit: Where you live, do drivers in oncoming traffic signal that you can turn (they’ll let you cross lanes first) by flashing/blinking their headlights ? Or by a wave of the hand ? If you cross the street on foot, do you exchange acknowledgment with drivers who stop in traffic for pedestrians ?
I have seen both signals. When walking I like to acknowledge drivers with a brief, polite response.

Have you ever locked your keys inside your car ?

So many times! Twice while the car was still running (in my defense, once the lock didn't work properly)! Now I keep a car and house key around my neck!

Have you ever left something (phone, drink, purse, gloves, etc.) on top of your car, when driving away ? Have you ever had another driver try to get your attention, and you thought at first he/she was being rude, but it turned out they were only trying to be helpful-bc. you had a vehicle problem (or something along those lines) that you hadn’t noticed ?
Oh, I have left things on my car all right! But I don't remember anyone signaling me. But then again, I'm the one who left my keys in a running car! Now, if I have to put something on the car, I put it on the hood so I'll see it, and put my keys with it so I can't leave without retrieving it.

Bonus: If you eat ice cream, popsicles, or other frozen treats…do you only consume them in summer/warm months, or do you enjoy them year-round (incl. during winter) ?
I eat them any time I like! I once drove through McDonald's for a frappe (slushy coffee) in a blizzard!

Just for Fun: Have you ever laid on a massage table (cushioned platform with donut-shaped headrest, used by a massage therapist) ? Have you ever sat in an electric massaging chair (furniture which advertises itself as providing full-body massage) ?
I have laid on the massage table, but I don't think I've been in a massaging chair. Can't say that I think I would like it.

Today in History:
1932: Launch of BBC Empire Service (shortwave radio), later renamed BBC World Service
1944: Birth of actor Tim Reid (WKRP in Cincinnati, Simon & Simon)
1968: Birth of actor, screenwriter, and director Ken Marino (Veronica Mars, Party Down)
1980: Birth of actor Jake Gyllenhaal (Donnie Darko, End of Watch) Good lord, I graduated high school in 1981!
2001: In Tosontsengel, Mongolia, a record high is set for barometric pressure
2013: Launch of the European Space Agency’s space observatory/telescope Gaia

Today’s Word: espouse /iˈspouz/ (v.): Adopt, approve, promulgate, endorse, promote.

Today Is: Oatmeal Muffin Day this week is Gluten-free Baking Week

Today’s Picture: Entrance & exit are at center-

Still lovin' your mazes! Thanx cloven!

Thought for the Day: “A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never sure.” -anon.
I remind myself of this every time I look at the time in two different places.

Wishing you smooth sailing, and here’s hoping you don’t get bogged down in the doldrums.
Same to you!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 12-19-2016, 05:49 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,372,282 times
Today’s Question:
As an adult, have you ever gone on vacation with extended family
(not just your spouse/offspring, but for example your parents or grandparents) ?
If you have (or have had) in-laws, did you ever go on vacation together (with them) ?

Have you taken a vacation in a group ?
If so, was it a group which booked the plans together, that knew each other beforehand-
or a group made up of random strangers, who only met upon arrival ?
^None of the above.

Extra Credit:
Where you live, do drivers in oncoming traffic signal that you can turn (they’ll let you cross lanes first) by flashing/blinking their headlights ?
Or by a wave of the hand ?
If you cross the street on foot, do you exchange acknowledgment with drivers who stop in traffic for pedestrians ?
(when there's no traffic light, yet there is a crosswalk, so have to rely on the good graces of drivers to stop)

Have you ever locked your keys inside your car ?
Never had a car-so, no.
When I was a kid it happened to my father, and he was pretty upset-but was able to get ahold of garage in town with master key.

Have you ever left something (phone, drink, purse, gloves, etc.) on top of your car, when driving away ?
No-as passenger.
Have you ever had another driver try to get your attention, and you thought at first he/she was being rude, but it turned out they were only trying to be helpful-
bc. you had a vehicle problem (or something along those lines) that you hadn’t noticed ?
N/A as driver-but a few weeks ago, was shopping with friend who does drive.
Guy in vehicle next to us in parking lot was obviously trying to get our attention, we had no idea why.
My friend got out of car and looked-turned out a tire was (visibly) nearly flat, so we went straight to service station & used the air machine to reinflate it.

Bonus:
If you eat ice cream, popsicles, or other frozen treats…do you only consume them in summer/warm months, or do you enjoy them year-round (incl. during winter) ?
Year-round, for the most part.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever laid on a massage table (cushioned platform with donut-shaped headrest, used by a massage therapist) ?
Not sure-been on cushioned table/bench at physical therapy, but it didn't have (or I didn't use) the headrest part/section, so didn't really notice.
Have you ever sat in an electric massaging chair (furniture which advertises itself as providing full-body massage) ?

Not sure, don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics