Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 09:42 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times

Advertisements

Today’s Questions:
Name at least one illegal thing that you think should be legalized.
medical marijuana for those who need it and want to use it, and can't because of state laws.

Name at least one legal thing that you think should be outlawed.
Electoral college ................ not useful in modern times.
Also the gross profits of pharmaceutical drugs should be outlawed.

Bonus Questions:
It’s prime time for winter sports – at least here in the Northern Hemisphere. Which of the following have you done?
Building a snowman............ lol
Sledding

Tobogganing
Snowball fights

If you live in the Southern Hemisphere where it's summer right now, what outdoor sports or games do you enjoy at this time of year?
beach volleyball games

Just for Fun:
Today is Strawberry Ice Cream Day. What is your official position on the subject of strawberry ice cream?
It needs nuts and bananas and whipped cream with it.

below: Something to warm you up on COLD SNOWY days...............

_DSC5342_v1 by Pascal Rey, on Flickr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 10:20 AM

3,073 posts, read 1,682,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Welcome to the Questions of the Day for Sunday, January 15, 2017. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Capricorn. Some famous people who share your birthday are clergyman and civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr.; Greek shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis; physicist Edward Teller; jazz drummer Gene Krupa; actor Lloyd Bridges; actress Margaret O’Brien; actress-comedian Andrea Martin and rockers Captain Beefheart and Ronnie Van Zant.

Today’s Questions:
Name at least one illegal thing that you think should be legalized. For most states, marijuana but controlled.

Name at least one legal thing that you think should be outlawed. Real estate - how homes are sold (don't let me get started on this one).

Bonus Questions:
It’s prime time for winter sports – at least here in the Northern Hemisphere. Which of the following have you done?

Snowboarding.. *** I am NOT a winter person! ***
Ice Skating
Sledding
Tobogganing
Ice Hockey
Alpine skiing
Cross country skiing
Snowshoeing
Snowmobiling
Ice Fishing
Snowball fights
Other

If you live in the Southern Hemisphere where it's summer right now, what outdoor sports or games do you enjoy at this time of year? Even when I lived in California I stayed indoors for the most part during summer.

Just for Fun:
Today is Strawberry Ice Cream Day. What is your official position on the subject of strawberry ice cream? I love a good strawberry ice cream. Hadn't eaten it for many years until I got a hankering for last spring.

Thanks, Bay!

Old 01-15-2017, 10:47 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
[quote=Bayarea4;46831043]Welcome to the Questions of the Day for Sunday, January 15, 2017. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Capricorn. Some famous people who share your birthday are clergyman and civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr.; Greek shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis; physicist Edward Teller; jazz drummer Gene Krupa; actor Lloyd Bridges; actress Margaret O’Brien; actress-comedian Andrea Martin and rockers Captain Beefheart and Ronnie Van Zant.

Today’s Questions:
It already is in a lot of places except here.
Assault rifles.
Bonus Questions:

Snowboarding
Ice Skating <--------------
Sledding <--------------
Tobogganing
Ice Hockey
Alpine skiing <--------------
Cross country skiing
Snowshoeing
Snowmobiling
Ice Fishing
Snowball fights<-------------
Other

If you live in the Southern Hemisphere where it's summer right now, what outdoor sports or games do you enjoy at this time of year?

Just for Fun:
Today is Strawberry Ice Cream Day. What is your official position on the subject of strawberry ice cream?
It's okay but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Today in History
588 B.C.E. – Nebuchadnezzar II of Babylon begins a two-year siege of Jerusalem.
1535 – Henry VIII declares himself head of the Church of England.
1559 – Elizabeth I crowned Queen of England in Westminster Abbey.
1759 – British Museum opens in Montague House, London.
1844 – The University of Notre Dame receives is charter in Indiana.
1797 – First top hat worn by John Etheringtonof London.
1889 – The Coca-Cola Company (then known as the Pemberton Medicine Co.) is incorporated in Atlanta, Georgia.
1895 – Tchaikovsky’s ballet “Swan Lake” premieres in St. Petersburg, Russia.
1861 – First steam-powered elevator patented by inventor Elisha Otis.
1870 – Donkey first used as a symbol of the Democratic Party in Harper’s Weekly.
1919 – Two million gallons of molasses flood Boston, Massachusetts killing 21.
1927 – The U.S. Supreme Court overturns (on a technicality) John T. Scopes’ guilty verdict for teaching evolution – but the law itself remains.
1936 – First all-glass windowless structure is completed in Toledo, Ohio.
1942 – U. S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt asks the commissioner to continue baseball games during World War II; the Chicago Cubs drop plans to light Wrigley Field due to the war.
1947 – The dismembered body of murder victim Elizabeth Short, “the Black Dahlia,” is discovered in Los Angeles, California. The murder is never solved.
1955 – USSR ends state of war with German Federal Republic.
1961 – The Supremes signed to Motown Records.
1965 – Soviet underground nuclear test creates atomic lake in Kazakhstan.
Soyuz 5 is launched by the Soviet Union.
1970 – Muammar Gaddafi is proclaimed premier of Libya.
1973 – Four Watergate burglars plead guilty in U.S. Federal court.
1976 – Sara Jane Moore sentenced to life in prison for attempted assassination of U.S. President Gerald Ford.
1991 – Queen Elizabeth II signs letters patent that allow Australia to institute its own Victoria Cross, the first Commonwealth realm to do so.
1992 – A cleaning woman finds intimate photos of Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, frolicking with a U.S. businessman.
1997 – Diana, Princess of Wales, calls for an international ban on land mines, angering ministers in the UK.
2001 – Wikipedia, the free Wiki content encyclopedia, goes on line.
2009 – U.S. Airways Flight 1549 makes an emergency landing in the Hudson River shortly after takeoff from LaGuardia Airport when a bird strike causes both engines to shut down. All passengers and crew members survive “the miracle on the Hudson.”

Word of the Day:
Recrudescence noun [ree-kroo-des-uh ns]
Breaking out afresh after a period of abatement or inactivity; revival. From the Latin word recrudescere, to become raw again.

“Here we have a recrudescence of the belief that great penalties are deterrent.”
- William Grant Sumner, Folkways

Quote of the Day:
“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Today is:
Hat Day
National Strawberry Ice Cream Day

Thanks Bay.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:42 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
Out thunderstorms yesterday crashed our internet but they must have worked on it today since it is up and down. While it is up. . .

Today’s Questions:
Name at least one illegal thing that you think should be legalized. Selling 100 watt incandescent bulbs.

Name at least one legal thing that you think should be outlawed. About 75% of the law schools in America.

Bonus Questions:

Snowboarding
Ice Skating
Sledding
Tobogganing
Ice Hockey
Alpine skiing
Cross country skiing
Snowshoeing
Snowmobiling
Ice Fishing
Snowball fights
Other Building a snowman and accidentally ice skating.

If you live in the Southern Hemisphere where it's summer right now, what outdoor sports or games do you enjoy at this time of year? I'd make a trip or two into the Andes by train, or even by horse or mule.

Just for Fun:
Today is Strawberry Ice Cream Day. What is your official position on the subject of strawberry ice cream? Like it.

Bay, thanks for great questions on this wet and cold Sunday.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:59 PM

4,041 posts, read 2,909,100 times
Today’s Questions:
Name at least one illegal thing that you think should be legalized. Most u-turns.

Name at least one legal thing that you think should be outlawed. Large, anonymous political donations and the electoral college.

Snowboarding
Ice Skating
Sledding

Tobogganing
Ice Hockey
Alpine skiing
Cross country skiing
Snowshoeing
Snowmobiling
Ice Fishing
Snowball fights

Other

Today is Strawberry Ice Cream Day. What is your official position on the subject of strawberry ice cream? I am in favor of people having the right to choose to eat it, but I'll pass thanks.

Thanks B4 and happy day everyone!

Old 01-15-2017, 03:33 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
Default Sunday

Today’s Questions:
Name at least one illegal thing that you think should be legalized. Prostitution

Name at least one legal thing that you think should be outlawed. Cigarettes

Bonus Questions:

None. I hate cold weather.

Snowboarding
Ice Skating
Sledding
Tobogganing
Ice Hockey
Alpine skiing
Cross country skiing
Snowshoeing
Snowmobiling
Ice Fishing
Snowball fights
Other

If you live in the Southern Hemisphere where it's summer right now, what outdoor sports or games do you enjoy at this time of year? Swimming, laying in the sun sipping adult beverages, deep sea fishing maybe.

Just for Fun:
Today is Strawberry Ice Cream Day. What is your official position on the subject of strawberry ice cream? Meh

Old 01-15-2017, 06:17 PM

21,545 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Today’s Questions:
I think that the DEA needs to reclassify cannabis so that medical science can do serious research on its effects, both good and bad. It is now considered a Schedule I drug, which means it is dangerous and has no legitimate medical uses.
http://medshadow.org/medshadow_blog/...hy-it-matters/

As some others have said, pharmaceutical ads.

Bonus Questions:

Snowboarding
Ice Skating <---- This one
Sledding
Tobogganing
Ice Hockey
Alpine skiing <---- This one
Cross country skiing <---- This one
Snowshoeing
Snowmobiling
Ice Fishing
Snowball fights
Other

Just for Fun:
I'm not a fan of strawberry ice cream, but I used to like those individual sundae cups that were vanilla ice cream with a strawberry topping.

Thank you to all who participated for your interesting answers.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:41 PM

7,336 posts, read 2,743,364 times
Today’s Questions:

Name at least one legal thing that you think should be outlawed. Political and pharmaceutical ads.

Bonus Questions:

Snowboarding
Ice Skating
Sledding
Tobogganing
Ice Hockey
Alpine skiing
Cross country skiing
Snowshoeing
Snowmobiling
Ice Fishing
Snowball fights several years ago. We haven't any snow yet this winter.
Other

Just for Fun:
Today is Strawberry Ice Cream Day. What is your official position on the subject of strawberry ice cream? Love it!

Thanks Bay. May you and all others have a good week.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:50 PM

678 posts, read 438,340 times
ok, as a new member of a week, i got Curious, enough to look in this thread, & it's interesting
Hopefully i get this right

Today’s Questions:
Name at least one illegal thing that you think should be legalized. - Allowed to tell the truth about intentional medical malpractices...

Name at least one legal thing that you think should be outlawed. abortion

Bonus Questions:
It’s prime time for winter sports – at least here in the Northern Hemisphere. Which of the following have you
done?

Snowboarding
Ice Skating
Sledding <- yes this too
Tobogganing
Ice Hockey
Alpine skiing
<- yes this too
Cross country skiing
Snowshoeing
Snowmobiling
Ice Fishing

Just for Fun:
I prefer
fresh strawberries... topped with whipped cream instead.

Have a fun and relaxing Sunday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics