Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 12:22 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,398,792 times

Advertisements

Happy Monday July 24, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Whether to hear more or hear less, do you own and/or use-
earplugs ?
headphones ?
earbuds ?
ear pods (wireless) ?

Extra Credit:
Do you have a guest bedroom ?
If so, what is that room normally, when not being used by a visitor-or is it only for guests ?

Bonus:
Have you ever gotten a blister on your foot while wearing shoes ?
Were the shoes too large, too small, too new, too old, did you wear them for too long or with the wrong kind of socks-or something else ?

Just for Fun:
If you have any of these items, have you:
washed/rinsed/wiped out your trash can, recycle bin, and/or compost container ?
laundered your laundry bags ?

Today in History:
1923: Signing in Paris of the Treaty of Lausanne, defining borders of Greece, Bulgaria, and Turkey
1940: Birth of actor Dan Hedaya (“Freeway”)
1942: Birth of actor Chris Sarandon (“Fright Night”)
1968: Birth of singer & actress Kristin Chenoweth (Pushing Daisies)
1982: Birth of actress Elizabeth Moss (Mad Men)
2001: Former child tsar of Bulgaria, Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, democratically elected the country’s prime minister (55 years after monarchy abolished)

Today’s Word:
plantigrade /ˈplan(t)əˌɡrād/ (adj.): Walking (flat) on soles of feet, in which heels and toes touch ground/surface.
The default/basic method of locomotion for terrestrial mammals, incl. humans (compare to later evolutionary variations: digitigrade = walking on toes, unguligrade = walking on nails/hooves).

Today Is:
National Drive-Thru Day
National Tequila Day
Cousins Day

Today’s Picture:

Entrance & exit are at lower right-

Thought for the Day:
“Our job in this lifetime is not to shape ourselves into some ideal we imagine we ought to be, but to find out who we really are and become it.”
-Steven Pressfield

Wishing you a day in which your feet remain planted firmly on the ground-and nothing trips you up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 12:41 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,026,907 times

Today’s Question:
earplugs ?
headphones ?
earbuds ?
ear pods (wireless) ?
As working around large airplanes is very noisy I always had earplugs with me.

Extra Credit:
If so, what is that room normally, when not being used by a visitor-or is it only for guests ?
I have a guest bedroom. It is located at the hotel a couple miles away.

Bonus:
Were the shoes too large, too small, too new, too old, did you wear them for too long or with the wrong kind of socks-or something else ?
I get blisters every now and then. Usually it is when my shoes are getting worn out and do not fit well

Just for Fun:
I will wash my inside trash cans as needed. Have not washed my outside trash cans

Way back when I was in college I had a commercial heavy duty laundry bag. It got washed every time I did laundry.

Last edited by Alaskan Mutt; 07-24-2017 at 12:51 AM..

Old 07-24-2017, 12:50 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,055,928 times

Today’s Question:
earplugs ?
headphones ?
earbuds ?
ear pods (wireless) ? Blu tooth

Extra Credit:
Do you have a guest bedroom ? We have 2 that are currently warehouses.
Warehouses
Bonus:
Were the shoes too large, too small, too new, too old, did you wear them for too long or with the wrong kind of socks-or something else ? Don't recall.

Just for Fun:
laundered your laundry bags ? No bags.

Today in History:
1923: Signing in Paris of the Treaty of Lausanne, defining borders of Greece, Bulgaria, and Turkey
2001: Former child tsar of Bulgaria, Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, democratically elected the country’s prime minister (55 years after monarchy abolished)

Today’s Word:
plantigrade /ˈplan(t)əˌɡrād/ (adj.): Walking (flat) on soles of feet, in which heels and toes touch ground/surface.
The default/basic method of locomotion for terrestrial mammals, incl. humans (compare to later evolutionary variations: digitigrade = walking on toes, unguligrade = walking on nails/hooves).

Today Is:
National Drive-Thru Day
National Tequila Day
Cousins Day

Thought for the Day:
“Our job in this lifetime is not to shape ourselves into some ideal we imagine we ought to be, but to find out who we really are and become it.”
-Steven Pressfield

Wishing you a day in which your feet remain planted firmly on the ground-and nothing trips you up
Thanks Cloven! Nice job!

Old 07-24-2017, 01:03 AM

21,646 posts, read 8,799,900 times

Today’s Question:
earplugs?

Yes, but I haven't used them in years.

headphones?

Both Bluetooth and wired. I also have a set of wireless TV headphones because I'm hard of hearing.

earbuds?

Yes

ear pods (wireless)?

Yes

Extra Credit:
Do you have a guest bedroom?

No. There is an extra bedroom, but it's used as an office and there's no room for a bed. Anyone who insists on staying with us has to sleep on the floor.

If so, what is that room normally, when not being used by a visitor-or is it only for guests?

Bonus:
Have you ever gotten a blister on your foot while wearing shoes?
Many times.
Were the shoes too large, too small, too new, too old, did you wear them for too long or with the wrong kind of socks-or something else?

I'd say the usual reasons were that the shoes were too small and/or I wore them for too long. On another occasion, I the reason was that I wore old, abrasive cotton socks on a long hike.

Just for Fun:
washed/rinsed/wiped out your trash can, recycle bin, and/or compost container?
Yes, occasionally they get a good cleaning or hosing off.
laundered your laundry bags?
I don't use laundry bags, but I have laundered my reusable shopping bags.

Thanks, cloven! The maze reminds me of bunches of grapes.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:59 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,640,273 times
Today’s Question:
Whether to hear more or hear less, do you own and/or use-i have earplugs from the plane but don't use them. I have earbuds from my iPhone but don't use them. My husband has headphones that he uses - I don't like stuff in or on my ears and I don't like sound trapped onto my head - it's too much
earplugs ?
headphones ?
earbuds ?
ear pods (wireless) ?

Extra Credit:
Do you have a guest bedroom ? no
If so, what is that room normally, when not being used by a visitor-or is it only for guests ? office/closet

Bonus:
Have you ever gotten a blister on your foot while wearing shoes ?yes
Were the shoes too large, too small, too new, too old, did you wear them for too long or with the wrong kind of socks-or something else ? probably all of those things at one time or another. Except for some sandals, I get blisters/rubbed spots if I don't wear socks or stockings with shoes

Just for Fun:
If you have any of these items, have you:no I take my stuff straight to the main garbage or recycling. Inside I just have grocery bags for garbage

[/color]
thanks and same to you!

Old 07-24-2017, 04:08 AM

7,996 posts, read 5,425,693 times
Happy "A mazing" Monday!

Today’s Question:
earplugs ? Yes, when I walk on the tarmac it is very important to protect my ears.
headphones ? Yes, my Bose rock on long flights
earbuds ? yes, the rare times I talk on my cellphone, it is easier to hear when using my earbuds
ear pods (wireless) ?

Extra Credit:
Do you have a guest bedroom ? No, but in the room I have taken over that used to be one of my sons room I have a pull out sofa bed. When needed the room becomes a guest room.
If so, what is that room normally, when not being used by a visitor-or is it only for guests ? My sewing room/study/quiet room.

Bonus:
Were the shoes too large, too small, too new, too old, did you wear them for too long or with the wrong kind of socks-or something else ? I guess my hiking sandals (teva) did not like the length of my hike.

Just for Fun:
laundered your laundry bags ? Yes to all of the above.

Today Is:
National Drive-Thru Day Hmmm, I will use the drive thru pharmacy today!
National Tequila Day No thanks, not a tequila girl--will wait for Merlot Day!
Cousins Day I will talk to my cousins today!

Today’s Picture:
Thanks for the maze!

Thought for the Day:
-Steven Pressfield

Will work on that! Have a flat footed day!

Old 07-24-2017, 04:14 AM
bjh

60,301 posts, read 30,535,071 times
Today’s Question:
earplugs ? Have done.
headphones ? Yep.
earbuds ?
ear pods (wireless) ?

Extra Credit:
You're welcome to sleep on the couch in the den.

It's the den. General hang-out-and-watch-TV room.

Bonus:
I've never gotten a blister without shoes now you mention it.
Maybe new or too tight, which may be the same as too small.

Just for Fun:
I have. Seems ironic somehow.
Don't have laundry bags. In college I used plastic garbage bags then used them for trash.
I hope people launder their re-usable grocery bags. Must be a germ trap.

Thought for the Day:
-Steven Pressfield
Good one.

And you. Thx cloven. We'll leave the light on for ya.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:23 AM

11,416 posts, read 9,343,746 times
Today’s Question:
earplugs ?
- Seldom
headphones ? - I use often as I do not want to disturb my neighbors. It's very quiet here and I want to do my part.

earbuds ?
ear pods (wireless) ?
- I do not own nor have I used either of these.

Extra Credit:
- N/A - I live in a studio apartment.

Bonus:
- Decades ago...

Were the shoes too large, too small, too new, too old, did you wear them for too long or with the wrong kind of socks-or something else ? - Too small. I have extra wide feet. There are only a couple of brands out there that I can buy.

Just for Fun:
- N/A to both.

Thanks, cloven.
Happy Monday to all!

Old 07-24-2017, 05:32 AM

36,503 posts, read 16,098,028 times
Today’s Question:
earplugs ? For mowing
headphones ? For shooting noise
earbuds ? For music from my phone.
ear pods (wireless) ?

Extra Credit:
Do you have a guest bedroom ?Yes
If so, what is that room normally, when not being used by a visitor-or is it only for guests ? Nothing really, it was my great grandmothers full bed frame and dresser, closet has stuff in it though.

Bonus:
Have you ever gotten a blister on your foot while wearing shoes ? Hmm, long time ago.
Were the shoes too large, too small, too new, too old, did you wear them for too long or with the wrong kind of socks-or something else ? I don't wear any shoe that isn't comfortable, the minute I put them on.

Just for Fun:
laundered your laundry bags ? Just washed out my trash can, in the garage, that holds the bags I take to the recycle-dump place. Need to wash the liner of my wicker laundry basket.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:34 AM

126,422 posts, read 19,177,409 times

Today’s Question:
earplugs ? Yes
headphones ? No
earbuds ? No
ear pods (wireless) ? No

Extra Credit:
Do you have a guest bedroom ? Yes I have 3
If so, what is that room normally, when not being used by a visitor-or is it only for guests ? All 3 are spare bedrooms when family or friends visit

Bonus:
Have you ever gotten a blister on your foot while wearing shoes ? Rather on the heel part
Were the shoes too large, too small, too new, too old, did you wear them for too long or with the wrong kind of socks-or something else ? Either the hiking boots were too new or I wore them for too long

Just for Fun:
Unless I am on holiday I always wash my blue box and food cart.

laundered your laundry bags ? I wipe my wash baskets weekly

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
National Drive-Thru Day
National Tequila Day
Cousins Day

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at lower right-

Thought for the Day:
-Steven Pressfield

Thank you cloven and a good Monday to all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics