Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 08:34 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,934,738 times

Advertisements

Happy Monday July 24, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Whether to hear more or hear less, do you own and/or use-
earplugs ?
headphones ?
earbuds ?
ear pods (wireless) ?
I use the earbuds when in public areas and listening to audio on the pc.

Extra Credit:
Do you have a guest bedroom ?
If so, what is that room normally, when not being used by a visitor-or is it only for guests ?
I have a guest bedroom, the closet is filled with extra stuff Mrs Aks has.

Bonus:
Have you ever gotten a blister on your foot while wearing shoes ?
Were the shoes too large, too small, too new, too old, did you wear them for too long or with the wrong kind of socks-or something else ?
I can't remember getting a blister for many years.

Just for Fun:
If you have any of these items, have you:
washed/rinsed/wiped out your trash can, recycle bin, and/or compost container ?
My trash can never needs washing, we use plastic bags for all the waste baskets and garbage in the house so there's never a bad odor when taken outside to the larger trash container.

laundered your laundry bags ?
Laundry bag when I was in the service but not after that.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 10:25 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,915,837 times
Today’s Question:
Whether to hear more or hear less, do you own and/or use-earplugs ? I don't.
headphones Nope
earbuds No
ear pods (wireless) Nope

Do you have a guest bedroom ? I do.
If so, what is that room normally, when not being used by a visitor-or is it only for guests ? I use the closet for storage and my cat likes to sit on the bed.

Have you ever gotten a blister on your foot while wearing shoes ? I have.
Were the shoes too large, too small, too new, too old, did you wear them for too long or with the wrong kind of socks-or something else ? Too new and the wrong shape for my foot.

washed/rinsed/wiped out your trash can, recycle bin, and/or compost container ? Just the trash can.
laundered your laundry bags ? Yes.

Thanks cloven and happy day everyone!

Old 07-24-2017, 10:48 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,694,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Happy Monday July 24, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
earplugs ? Rarely
headphones ? Yes, when I take walks.
earbuds ? No, they hurt me.
ear pods (wireless) ? Nope.

Extra Credit:
Do you have a guest bedroom ? Yes.
If so, what is that room normally, when not being used by a visitor-or is it only for guests ? It's two things: It was my daughter's room and I keep it adorned with her things, so it's a shrine, and; it's a "catch-all" where I dump stuff temporarily or permanently. Not the most welcoming room for a visitor, I'll admit.

Bonus:
Have you ever gotten a blister on your foot while wearing shoes ? Yes
Were the shoes too large, too small, too new, too old, did you wear them for too long or with the wrong kind of socks-or something else ? I think it was the craftsmanship on one of the shoes. But I have narrow feet and can have problems if I'm not careful.

Just for Fun:
laundered your laundry bags ? How funny! Just yesterday I thought that I should scrub out the bottom of the kitchen trash and waste cans. Same with the laundry can, although what it needs is deodorized. Plan to do that maybe today.

Wishing you a day in which your feet remain planted firmly on the ground-and nothing trips you up
Thanks, Cloven.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:49 AM

24,542 posts, read 26,100,212 times
Today’s Question:
earplugs ?Yep
headphones ?
earbuds ?
ear pods (wireless) ?
Ear muffs

Extra Credit:
We do.

If so, what is that room normally, when not being used by a visitor-or is it only for guests ?
It's a room to put stuff in that we don't know what to do with said stuff.

Bonus:
I have but it was along time ago.

Were the shoes too large, too small, too new, too old, did you wear them for too long or with the wrong kind of socks-or something else ?
Don't remember.

Just for Fun:
Inside ones get washed, outside ones no.

N/A

Thanx Cloven.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:46 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,387,741 times
Today’s Question:
earplugs ? No, I'm intolerant of sticking things inside my ears.
headphones ? No, too bulky/heavy/pricey.
earbuds ? Just bought a cheap pair to use with my new iPad, has been decades since I've had portable music
Working on putting up with the bothersome sensation of having them perched somewhere around my ears

ear pods (wireless) ? Nope.

Extra Credit:
No-mine is a tiny apt.

In a pinch, couch in living room/kitchen (only room that isn't my bedroom or the bath) can accommodate one person.

Bonus:
Yes, new sandals I ordered online this spring, couldn't try on before buying-the side of my left foot wasn't happy with this.
Too new, too narrow-situation has improved with time/repetition (breaking in the footwear, getting my feet used to them).

Just for Fun:
All three kinds of bins. Not often-mostly in summer bc. that's when things get icky very quick
(containers sitting on lawn in sun, before & after pickup on trash/etc. day of week).

Rarely, I admit-tend to forget-but I tossed them in with the wash them just a couple days ago.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:03 PM

44,399 posts, read 20,128,188 times
Today’s Question:
earplugs? Nope.
headphones? Nope.
earbuds? Nope.
ear pods (wireless)? Nope.
I use a white noise machine at night to help me sleep. It helps to drown out the ringing in my left ear, which is afflicted with Meniere's Disease.

Extra Credit:
Do you have a guest bedroom? No; wish I did. I have a second bedroom, but there is so little storage space in my 102-year-old house that I use the second bedroom as a storage area.
If so, what is that room normally, when not being used by a visitor-or is it only for guests? N/A

Bonus: Have you ever gotten a blister on your foot while wearing shoes? Yes, just last week I got a biggie.
Were the shoes too large, too small, too new, too old, did you wear them for too long or with the wrong kind of socks-or something else? They were brand-new tennies. I've since broken them in. Had a nice 3.5-mile walk outside this evening and they felt fine.

Just for Fun:
washed/rinsed/wiped out your trash can, recycle bin, and/or compost container? Yes, I occasionally wash out my trash can and recycle bin
laundered your laundry bags? I don't have a laundry bag.

Today’s Word:
plantigrade /ˈplan(t)əˌɡrād/ (adj.): Walking (flat) on soles of feet, in which heels and toes touch ground/surface.
The default/basic method of locomotion for terrestrial mammals, incl. humans (compare to later evolutionary variations: digitigrade = walking on toes, unguligrade = walking on nails/hooves).

Today Is:
National Drive-Thru Day
National Tequila Day I'm tempted to have a shot to celebrate, but I'll resist.
Cousins Day I have a sweet cousin in California whom I haven't seen for over 10 years. Wish I had enough vacation days from work so I could go and visit her this year. The visit will have to wait till after I retire.

Happy Monday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 07-25-2017, 09:54 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,829,646 times
[quote=cloven;48941472]Happy Monday July 24, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
earplugs ?
headphones ?<--------------------
earbuds ?
ear pods (wireless) ?

Extra Credit:
Do you have a guest bedroom ? Yes and it gets used quite frequently.
It's a bedroom off of the dining room on the main floor. I slept down there for almost a week when Howie was sick.
Bonus:
Have you ever gotten a blister on your foot while wearing shoes ?Yes , but it's my roller skate that gives me the most blisters these days.
Too new.
Just for Fun:
The inside garbage can gets cleaned frequently but the out side garbage cans need a good bleaching.
Today in History:
1923: Signing in Paris of the Treaty of Lausanne, defining borders of Greece, Bulgaria, and Turkey
1940: Birth of actor Dan Hedaya (“Freeway”)
1942: Birth of actor Chris Sarandon (“Fright Night”)
1968: Birth of singer & actress Kristin Chenoweth (Pushing Daisies)
1982: Birth of actress Elizabeth Moss (Mad Men)
2001: Former child tsar of Bulgaria, Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, democratically elected the country’s prime minister (55 years after monarchy abolished)

Today’s Word:
plantigrade /ˈplan(t)əˌɡrād/ (adj.): Walking (flat) on soles of feet, in which heels and toes touch ground/surface.
The default/basic method of locomotion for terrestrial mammals, incl. humans (compare to later evolutionary variations: digitigrade = walking on toes, unguligrade = walking on nails/hooves).

Today Is:
National Drive-Thru Day
National Tequila Day
Cousins Day

Today’s Picture:

Entrance & exit are at lower right-

Thought for the Day:
“Our job in this lifetime is not to shape ourselves into some ideal we imagine we ought to be, but to find out who we really are and become it.”
-Steven Pressfield

Wishing you a day in which your feet remain planted firmly on the ground-and nothing trips you up

Thanks dear one. I'm sorry I ran out of time yesterday before I could visit with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics