Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 09:19 PM

44,399 posts, read 20,125,699 times

Advertisements

Holy cow! Is it really August already? Summer's flying by and it's time once again for a Tuesday installment of

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about a time when you attended an outdoor event where you had to bring your own lawn chair.

Do you like to swing on a swing? When was the last time you did so?

Is there a rocking chair in your home or on your porch?

Have you ever sat on a glider chair or glider bench? Example.

When was the last time you blew up a balloon?

Are you still able to blow up a balloon?

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

When you need to write a note or a list, do you use:
  • a paper tablet?
  • a sticky note (e.g. a Post-It)?
  • a scrap of paper?
  • a napkin?
  • an electronic device?
  • other?
It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have?

If you dare, tell us how many candles were or will be on your 2017 birthday cake.

If you don't like cake, what special dessert would you like on your birthday?

BONUS QUESTIONS

Are you good about having your car serviced (oil change) when it's due?

Are you a procrastinator? If so, what is something you are presently putting off?

Do you have any potted plants in your home? If so, tell us about it/them.

Have you ever grown a flowering plant from seed to flowering (outdoors or indoors)?

It's time for me to hit the sack and for you all to start answering questions! Thanks for playing. Have a terrific Tuesday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-01-2017 at 08:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 09:48 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,964,304 times
Holy cow! Is it really August already? Summer's flying by and it's time once again for a Tuesday installment of
Well..... almost.

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about a time when you attended an outdoor event where you had to bring your own lawn chair.
We went to 3 outdoor movie events in the spring at our little historic airport nearby.

Meh. Maybe a year or so.

Probably a few months.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

• a paper tablet?
  • a scrap of paper?
  • a napkin?
  • an electronic device?
  • other?
It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have? Carrot with cream cheese filling.

If you dare, tell us how many candles will be on your 2017 birthday cake.
A bunch! 66
Coconut creme pie or German Chocolate cake.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Are you a procrastinator? If so, what is something you are presently putting off?

I have many outside . Sometimes I bring some in.
Have you ever grown a flowering plant from seed to flowering (outdoors or indoors)?
Many hundreds of times.

It's time for me to hit the sack and for you all to start answering questions! Thanks for playing. Have a terrific Tuesday, everybody!
Thanks Pam! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 07-31-2017 at 09:56 PM..

Old 07-31-2017, 09:51 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,596,539 times
My wife's family homecoming every 3rd Sunday in May at the family cemetery. Just about need to take a TV tray to eat off of. lol

Do you like to swing on a swing? When was the last time you did so? I do but it's been many moons ago, except for our porch swing

Is there a rocking chair in your home or on your porch? Both

Have you ever sat on a glider chair or glider bench? Example Yup.

When was the last time you blew up a balloon? Been a while

Are you still able to blow up a balloon? Probably

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

a paper tablet?
a sticky note (e.g. a Post-It)?
a scrap of paper?
a napkin?
an electronic device?
other? Everything but the napkin
It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have? I'll take a home made angel food cake or a red velvet cake

If you dare, tell us how many candles will be on your 2017 birthday cake. 62! And I'm taking myself off the work force and enjoy retirement!

If you don't like cake, what special dessert would you like on your birthday? Banana pudding

BONUS QUESTIONS

Are you good about having your car serviced (oil change) when it's due? Nope

Are you a procrastinator? If so, what is something you are presently putting off? Working in the yard

Do you have any potted plants in your home? If so, tell us about it/them. They're dead

Have you ever grown a flowering plant from seed to flowering (outdoors or indoors)? Yup

Old 07-31-2017, 10:02 PM

14,827 posts, read 8,167,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you like to swing on a swing? When was the last time you did so? long ago

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

• a paper tablet?
  • a scrap of paper?
  • a napkin?
  • an electronic device?
  • other?
It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have? last year they got me a
White chocolate lemon cream with raspberry filing. I like Italian Cream Cake a lot also.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Ditto!

Old 07-31-2017, 10:07 PM

44,677 posts, read 61,781,466 times
Tell us about a time when you attended an outdoor event where you had to bring your own lawn chair. Recently there was a neighborhood get together where 8 of us brought out lawn chairs and sat outside under a huge tree chit chatting. It was called the "hello neighbor come sit with us under the tree" event.

Do you like to swing on a swing? When was the last time you did so? Enjoyed it as a kid many many years ago.

Is there a rocking chair in your home or on your porch? 2 in the house.

Have you ever sat on a glider chair or glider bench? Example. Yes at someone's house years ago.

When was the last time you blew up a balloon? Years ago, shot it with a 22.

Are you still able to blow up a balloon? Depends on how large it is.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

•a paper tablet?
•a sticky note (e.g. a Post-It)?
•a scrap of paper?
•a napkin?
•an electronic device?
•other?

It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have? Peanut butter/peanut butter.

If you dare, tell us how many candles will be on your 2017 birthday cake. 1

If you don't like cake, what special dessert would you like on your birthday? Cake and some ice cream.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Are you good about having your car serviced (oil change) when it's due? Yes.

Are you a procrastinator? Sometimes. If so, what is something you are presently putting off? My last breath.

Do you have any potted plants in your home? If so, tell us about it/them. Many varieties of small cacti, one pigmy palm tree, 2 roses.

Have you ever grown a flowering plant from seed to flowering (outdoors or indoors)? Wildflowers.

It's time for me to hit the sack and for you all to start answering questions! Thanks for playing. Have a terrific Tuesday, everybody! Thanks Pam

Old 07-31-2017, 10:25 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,018,168 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Not an outdoor event but when I rode our cargo planes I usually brought my folding chair. After take-off I would leave the cockpit and set up my chair in the galley. If I forgot to bring my chair I would then sit on the picnic cooler in the galley.

Has been over 45 years since I was last on a swing.

nope

Once or twice

Maybe 40 years ago

Probaby

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

a paper tablet?
a scrap of paper? Usually this
a napkin?
an electronic device?
other?

It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have?
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting between the layers

Zero. 2017 birthday has already come and gone. Did not get a cake.

I like cake. But since you asked I will have blueberry pie made using hand picked wild blueberries.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Usually

I will answer this question later

nope

nope

Old 07-31-2017, 11:39 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,397,335 times
Good morning all! Are you staying up late or up really early It's barely 7:30 a.m. over here

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about a time when you attended an outdoor event where you had to bring your own lawn chair. Never had that...

Do you like to swing on a swing? When was the last time you did so? Yes! At the beginning of June.

Is there a rocking chair in your home or on your porch? No.

When was the last time you blew up a balloon? July 10th for the birthday decorations for one of my colleagues.

Are you still able to blow up a balloon? Sure.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

• a paper tablet?
  • a scrap of paper?
  • a napkin?
  • an electronic device?
  • other?
It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have? vanilla and chocolate layers, strawberry smoothie filling. Great, that got me hungry

If you dare, tell us how many candles will be on your 2017 birthday cake. 35

BONUS QUESTIONS

Are you good about having your car serviced (oil change) when it's due? Yes. I always get a reminder from the garage when it's due

Do you have any potted plants in your home? If so, tell us about it/them. Only a few orchids and
Spathiphyllum Chopin plants

Yes, sunflowers and dahlias.

Sleep well Pam!

Old 07-31-2017, 11:53 PM

21,599 posts, read 8,768,979 times
Our family reunion picnics, now sadly a thing of the past, were like that. We'd all meet in a public park and bring our own chairs.

I love it, but I get dizzy a lot more easily than I used to. The last time I was on a swing was about 20 years ago when a friend with a three-year-old came to visit.

The recliner rocks, but that's Mr. Bay's chair.

Yes, I like gliders.

Oh, gosh. I can't remember. It's been a lo-o-o-ng time.

Yes, but probably not as quickly as I used to do.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

• a paper tablet?
  • a scrap of paper?
  • a napkin?
  • an electronic device?
  • other?
    All of the above except the napkin.
Oooh, yeah! Bring it on! I'll have a devil's food cake with cherry filling and fudge frosting.

69 *eek!*

I love cake. It's gotta be cake. Hand over the cake and no one gets hurt.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Not really. We put so few miles on our car (2,000 something) that at our car's first service, the Subaru mechanic told us we could wait a year for the next one.

Yes, I have a tendency to procrastinate. I am putting off hiring an attorney and making a will.

Yes, several. I've had a dracaena Janet Craig plant for 32 years that's now taller than I am. There's a large Japanese Aralia and two jade plants on the front porch. I also have potted flowers and some herbs on the deck, a fern in the kitchen, a philodendron and a miniature palm in the living room and a succulent in the bathroom. Phew. I didn't realize I had that many potted plants!

No, I've never done that unless sprouting an avocado seed counts.

Thanks, Pam!

Last edited by Bayarea4; 08-01-2017 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: spacing and accuracy because I'm a freaking perfectionist.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:57 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,411,326 times
Good Morning

Tell us about a time when you attended an outdoor event where you had to bring your own lawn chair. Many years ago--a Concert my son was part of.

Do you like to swing on a swing? When was the last time you did so? last Summer

Is there a rocking chair in your home or on your porch? Yes, a Kennedy Rocker

Have you ever sat on a glider chair or glider bench?
Example.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

• a paper tablet?
  • a scrap of paper?
  • a napkin?
  • an electronic device?
  • other? A spiral notebook
It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have? Yellow cake with raspberry filling with chocolate frosting

If you dare, tell us how many candles will be on your 2017 birthday cake. Less than three months I will be 60--unbelievable. I feel like I should be saying late 40's. My brain has not caught up with my chronological age.

If you don't like cake, what special dessert would you like on your birthday? I am okay with a slice of cake. If you want to make it simple a glass of merlot with a piece of dark chocolate would be okay too.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Are you good about having your car serviced (oil change) when it's due? Yes

Are you a procrastinator? Yes If so, what is something you are presently putting off? Some household chores

Have you ever grown a flowering plant from seed to flowering (outdoors or indoors)? Yes, outdoors

Time for me to start another work week (since I am off Sun/Mon)...have a lovely day!

Old 08-01-2017, 04:03 AM

11,395 posts, read 9,319,468 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

N/A

Do you like to swing on a swing? When was the last time you did so? - Yes, 1.5 years ago...

Is there a rocking chair in your home or on your porch? - No / N/A

Have you ever sat on a glider chair or glider bench? Example. - I think so...
When was the last time you blew up a balloon? - Office party about 4 years ago.

Are you still able to blow up a balloon? - Sure

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

a paper tablet?
- This
a scrap of paper? - and this
a napkin?
an electronic device?
other?

It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have? - Devils Food Cake - white icing but chocolate is good too,

If you dare, tell us how many candles will be on your 2017 birthday cake. - Past and there was no cake, It's been at least 10 years since I had a birthday cake.

If you don't like cake, what special dessert would you like on your birthday? - Topped with vanilla ice cream would be super!

BONUS QUESTIONS

- Yes, what a coincidence as I had it done yesterday.

Are you a procrastinator? If so, what is something you are presently putting off? - Let's just say I am making progress on making my apartment a bit better. It's very small but I need to work on it. Yesterday I bought some desk type picture frames which I have been meaning to do.

Do you have any potted plants in your home? If so, tell us about it/them. - No / N/A

Have you ever grown a flowering plant from seed to flowering (outdoors or indoors)? - Nope

It's time for me to hit the sack and for you all to start answering questions! Thanks for playing. Have a terrific Tuesday, everybody! - Thanks, will do especially since I am off today.

Happy Tuesday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics