Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 10:04 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,832,088 times

Advertisements

[quote=PJSinger;49032936] Holy cow! Is it really August already? Summer's flying by and it's time once again for a Tuesday installment of
Three of my shprties are off to college this year

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about a time when you attended an outdoor event where you had to bring your own lawn chair.
The 4th for the fireworks.

Do you like to swing on a swing? When was the last time you did so?

Yes, last week with the 5 year old.
Is there a rocking chair in your home or on your porch?
Yes two. One broken project in the attic and one in the basement.

Have you ever sat on a glider chair or glider bench? Example.
Yes. I'm looking for an antique one.
When was the last time you blew up a balloon?

Are you still able to blow up a balloon?

Yes.
EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

When you need to write a note or a list, do you use:
  • a paper tablet?
  • a sticky note (e.g. a Post-It)?
  • a scrap of paper?<-----------------
  • a napkin?
  • an electronic device?
  • other?
It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have?
A yellow cake with a strawberry filling and white butter cream frosting.
If you dare, tell us how many candles were or will be on your 2017 birthday cake.
It has past and 60
If you don't like cake, what special dessert would you like on your birthday?
There ahd better be ice cream too. Don't make me come over there.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Are you good about having your car serviced (oil change) when it's due?

Are you a procrastinator? If so, what is something you are presently putting off?
Cleaning house. Once a week is good.
Do you have any potted plants in your home? If so, tell us about it/them.
We have a Bonsai and the corn plant is out on the front porch.
Have you ever grown a flowering plant from seed to flowering (outdoors or indoors)?
Yes. The rooster crown and sun flowers are growing nice now.

It's time for me to hit the sack and for you all to start answering questions! Thanks for playing. Have a terrific Tuesday, everybody!

Thanks Pam I will. The teenagers are coming today before they head off to college. I don't know what I'm going to do this winter with them gone There's still the girls and the 5 year old. She kept me running all day yesterday from 930am until they left at 930pm.

I'm going to scare the crap out of the teenagers in Bachelors Grove today with the spirit board. They're so gullible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 11:06 AM
bjh

60,205 posts, read 30,492,494 times
Holy cow! Is it really August already?
That's what it says on my calendar, too.

Summer's flying by and it's time once again for a Tuesday installment of

TODAY'S QUESTIONS
Tell us about a time when you attended an outdoor event where you had to bring your own lawn chair.
Fireworks.

Do you like to swing on a swing?

When was the last time you did so?

Too long.

Not at present.

Have you ever sat on a glider chair or glider bench?
No. Thought this was going to be a question about glider squirrels for a sec.

Don't remember.
Sure.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS
  • a paper tablet? I like paper tablets.
  • a scrap of paper?
  • a napkin?
  • an electronic device?
  • other? Write on hand?
It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers.
What flavor of cake and filling will you have?
Chocolate cake with cherry filling.

If you dare, tell us how many candles were or will be on your 2017 birthday cake.
Fire extinguisher on standby. Check.

Chocolate pie or mint chocolate chip ice cream.

BONUS QUESTIONS
I don't get it over serviced like they'd like. Each vehicle is serviced at least twice a year, spring and autumn.

Are you a procrastinator? If so, what is something you are presently putting off?
Can't think of anything.

Nope. We have cats. Cats tend to eat or dig out potted plants.
Have you ever grown a flowering plant from seed to flowering (outdoors or indoors)?
Is a bulb a seed? If so, yes.

It's time for me to hit the sack
Hit it softly.
and for you all to start answering questions!
Yes, ma'am.
Thanks for playing.
No prob.
Have a terrific Tuesday, everybody!
Thanks, you too!

Old 08-01-2017, 11:29 AM

24,552 posts, read 26,111,018 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Last 4th of July watching fireworks at the park in the front yard.

I do, Last time is many years ago.

Not any more.

I have sat on both.

Probably

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

a paper tablet?
a sticky note (e.g. a Post-It)?
a scrap of paper?
a napkin?
an electronic device?
other? email to me
All of the above.

It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have?
A 3 layer strawberry shortcake with lots of whipped cream between the layers.

More than 4 score and 10.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Usually, but 1 car is past due.

The oil change on the above car.

Currently no, outside is a different story, mostly cacti and succulents.

I have in years gone by.

Thanx PJ, lots of good Q's.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:36 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,175,629 times
Hello huge toad! Welcome to my garden!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Holy cow! Is it really August already? Summer's flying by and it's time once again for a Tuesday installment of

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Donkey's years ago when gone fishin' for channel cats...

Nopey

Nopey!

NopeyNope...

Donkey's years ago...

I'm not about to find out!

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

• a paper tablet?
  • a scrap of paper?
  • a napkin?
  • an electronic device?
  • other?

Vanilla cake with lemon or vanilla frosting!

Heck nope!

A magic mushroom pizza!

BONUS QUESTIONS

Yes but only when I decide that it is 'due'.

I'll think about it later...

None, nopey.

Yeah, many!

It's time for me to hit the sack and for you all to start answering questions! Thanks for playing. Have a terrific Tuesday, everybody!

Thanks for the Tuesday fun & I'll look forward to next week!

Old 08-01-2017, 11:42 AM

7,345 posts, read 2,750,810 times
Holy cow! Is it really August already? Summer's flying by and it's time once again for a Tuesday installment of

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you like to swing on a swing? When was the last time you did so? Yes, I do. Last December with my granddaughter and great nephew.

Is there a rocking chair in your home or on your porch? Yes

Have you ever sat on a glider chair or glider bench? Example. Yes

When was the last time you blew up a balloon? A few months ago

Are you still able to blow up a balloon? Yep.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

• a paper tablet? Yes
  • a sticky note (e.g. a Post-It)? Yes
  • a scrap of paper? Yes
  • a napkin? Once or twice
  • an electronic device? n/a
  • other?
It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have? Either carrot cake or spice cake

If you dare, tell us how many candles were or will be on your 2017 birthday cake. 62. My mom's birthday is today. She is 83 years old.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Are you good about having your car serviced (oil change) when it's due? Very good

Are you a procrastinator? If so, what is something you are presently putting off? I have a very long list of things that keep getting put off until a later date.

Do you have any potted plants in your home? If so, tell us about it/them. I have a couple of bamboo plants. My black thumb doesn't kill them quite as fast as other plants.

I have tried.

Thanks Pam. Happy Tuesday to all.

Old 08-01-2017, 04:44 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,084,404 times
Quote:

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about a time when you attended an outdoor event where you had to bring your own lawn chair. An outdoor concert

Do you like to swing on a swing? When was the last time you did so? Sure;
last time? probably 60 years ago

Is there a rocking chair in your home or on your porch? No

When was the last time you blew up a balloon? About 8 years ago

Are you still able to blow up a balloon? Yes

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

• a paper tablet? Paper tablet
  • a scrap of paper?
  • a napkin?
  • an electronic device?
  • other?
It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have? Carrot cake with cream cheese filling

BONUS QUESTIONS

Are you good about having your car serviced (oil change) when it's due? yes

Are you a procrastinator? If so, what is something you are presently putting off? no

Do you have any potted plants in your home? If so, tell us about it/them. none

Have you ever grown a flowering plant from seed to flowering (outdoors or indoors)? no

Thanks for posting!!

Old 08-01-2017, 05:22 PM

24,781 posts, read 28,596,497 times
cow! Is it really August already? Summer's flying by and it's time once again for a Tuesday installment of

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Club Picnic....... at the park

Do you like to swing on a swing? When was the last time you did so? Years... and years.. my can does not fit a swing anymore.

Have you ever sat on a glider chair or glider bench? Example. ..... Been years and year...

When was the last time you blew up a balloon?........

Are you still able to blow up a balloon?...... O yes... still have plenty of hot air.. and my funnel

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

a paper tablet?
a sticky note (e.g. a Post-It)?
a scrap of paper?............... scrap paper from scrap paper from scrap paper..
a napkin?
an electronic device?
other?........................ I remember..
It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have? Dark bitter sweet chocolate
If you dare, tell us how many candles were or will be on your 2017 birthday cake. One big Road Flare

If you don't like cake, what special dessert would you like on your birthday? Do they still sell those cakes with the cute girl in side..

BONUS QUESTIONS

Are you good about having your car serviced (oil change) when it's due? When it's do.. when I do it..

Are you a procrastinator? If so, what is something you are presently putting off? Procrastination as much as possible..

Do you have any potted plants in your home? If so, tell us about it/them. They are potted... plants very happy

Have you ever grown a flowering plant from seed to flowering (outdoors or indoors)? Yes many many years ago...

Thanks Pam...................................

Old 08-01-2017, 06:55 PM

39,015 posts, read 23,016,803 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about a time when you attended an outdoor event where you had to bring your own lawn chair. My city has free concerts at the park this time of year. These events require bringing your own lawn chair and I did that when I attended one of the concerts.

Do you like to swing on a swing? I used to. When was the last time you did so? Most likely when I was a kid.

Is there a rocking chair in your home or on your porch? No, neither.

Have you ever sat on a glider chair or glider bench? I've seen those but never sat in one. Example.

When was the last time you blew up a balloon? When I was in high school.

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

• a paper tablet? <--This
  • a sticky note (e.g. a Post-It)? <--This
  • a scrap of paper? <--This
  • a napkin?
  • an electronic device?
  • other?
It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have? Chocolate cake with cream cheese icing and filling, with chocolate chips sprinkled in the icing. Yum!

If you dare, tell us how many candles were or will be on your 2017 birthday cake. That's classified.

If you don't like cake, what special dessert would you like on your birthday? A cheesecake would be a good substitute.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Are you good about having your car serviced (oil change) when it's due? Yes, for the most part.

Are you a procrastinator? Depends on what I'm procrastinating. If so, what is something you are presently putting off? Right now, it's making an optometrist appointment for an eye exam and new glasses.

Do you have any potted plants in your home? Yes. If so, tell us about it/them. I have ferns, mother-in-law's tongues, ivy and ice plants.

Have you ever grown a flowering plant from seed to flowering (outdoors or indoors)? No.

I hope everyone had a terrific Tuesday!

Old 08-01-2017, 07:50 PM

3,093 posts, read 1,695,796 times
Quote:

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Tell us about a time when you attended an outdoor event where you had to bring your own lawn chair. ALL OF THE TIME. Summer festivals and many concerts in the parks.

Do you like to swing on a swing? When was the last time you did so? Yes, I do, and I did it in a park about 3 weeks ago.

Is there a rocking chair in your home or on your porch? One of the patio chairs actually rocks.

Have you ever sat on a glider chair or glider bench? Have one of those, too. A neighbor gave it to us earlier in the year. So we can rock 'n' glide, baby.[b]

When was the last time you blew up a balloon? Many years - no good guess.

Are you still able to blow up a balloon?I think so. After all, last year I blew up a rubber pool

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

• a paper tablet?
  • a scrap of paper? At times.
  • a napkin? Have done it.
  • an electronic device?Rarely.
  • other? Occasionally use the Task Reminder in my computer if it's something repetitious.
It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have? A lemon chiffon cake.

If you dare, tell us how many candles were or will be on your 2017 birthday cake. The good thing to that? I RETIRED!

If you don't like cake, what special dessert would you like on your birthday?Can I have pralines 'n' cream ice cream with the lemon chiffon cake???

BONUS QUESTIONS

Are you good about having your car serviced (oil change) when it's due?NO, he is not!

Are you a procrastinator? If so, what is something you are presently putting off? I sure can be with tasks I do NOT want to do!

Do you have any potted plants in your home? If so, tell us about it/them. One orchid that is still alive, and a weird shamrock that hates being inside during the summer, so it is outside now and looking healthy.

Have you ever grown a flowering plant from seed to flowering (outdoors or indoors)? Oh, yes. Last ones were kastor bean plants ~ yes, they're poisonous, but dang the plants are gorgeous!

Great questions, PJ!

Old 08-02-2017, 12:30 PM

35,324 posts, read 17,223,966 times
Holy cow! Is it really August already? Summer's flying by and it's time once again for a Tuesday installment of TODAY'S QUESTIONS

JBGUSA: Meteorolgical summer ends either August 31 or September 6. I use September 6. And I'm a day late but didn't see any Wednesday questions:

JBGUSA:At my synagogue for our annual Summer Stage, usually the first or second week of August. Last year it moved indoors, lawn chairs and all, because of a rainstorm. This year it is August 9, lawn chairs or blankets needed. Let's pray for sun.

JBGUSA: Last time was some time in 2001 or 2002, watching my then five-ish children on a playground.

JBGUSA: Given to my sister-in-law when she had her twins.

Have you ever sat on a glider chair or glider bench? Example.

JBGUSA: Yes. My mother-in-law near Albany had one until about 8 years ago.

March 8, 2014 for my older son's 18th birthday.

JBGUSA: Yes

EXTRA CREDIT QUESTIONS

• a paper tablet?
    JBGUSA:Sometimes
  • a scrap of paper?
  • a napkin?
  • an electronic device?
  • other?JBGUSA:When I got the number for the blind date that became my wife, I ripped a check in half and used the ripped check. Now I rarely use or carry checks.
It's your birthday and you may have any kind of layer cake you desire with a special filling between the layers. What flavor of cake and filling will you have? JBGUSA:n/z

If you dare, tell us how many candles were or will be on your 2017 birthday cake. JBGUSA:Would have been 60, on April 5.

If you don't like cake, what special dessert would you like on your birthday? JBGUSA:sfoliadele (sp)

BONUS QUESTIONS

Are you good about having your car serviced (oil change) when it's due? JBGUSA:Yes. Reminder light keeps me honest.

Do you have any potted plants in your home? If so, tell us about it/them. JBGUSA: My wife's department.

Have you ever grown a flowering plant from seed to flowering (outdoors or indoors)? JBGUSA: My wife's and younger son's department.

JBGUSA: Where are August 2 questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics