Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 09:36 PM

44,378 posts, read 20,097,476 times

Advertisements

Hello, all! Welcome to the QOTD. Let's get down to business (or monkey business ) with

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What's your favorite barnyard animal?

Have you ever lived on or visited an animal farm?

If so, what sorts of animals did you see?

Do you like to visit animal exhibits at a county or state fair?

Can you ride a horse? If so, when was the last time you did so?

Have you ever touched a sheep/lamb?

Have you ever seen a black sheep?

BONUS QUESTIONS

When you were in school, did you have to take a physical ed class which included gymnastics?

If so, which gymnastic activities did you excel at and which were your worst?

Did you take a shop or home economics class in school?

Did you take any foreign language classes in school?

What was your favorite subject in school? (I know, I know - some of you are going to answer "lunch." )

EXTRA CREDIT

You're at a county fair today and you're allowed to have one junk-food item. Just this once, the calories, fat and carbs won't count against you. What food will you choose?
You're at a cinema. What snack food will you enjoy most while you watch the movie?
Do you like s'mores?
You have to sing for your supper tonight. What song will you choose?

That's it for now, everyone. Have a terrific Tuesday!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:23 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,911,012 times
Hello, all! Welcome to the QOTD. Let's get down to business (or monkey business ) with

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Cows!
Yes! We raised exotics.
Cape Buffalo , Kudu , Gemsbok and Eland.
Sure!
I've ridden horses. I can't brag about my abilities.

Not that I recall. At least not the animal type.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When you were in school, did you have to take a physical ed class which included gymnastics?
I don't think so..

Shop.. woodworking in Jr High and Electronics in High School.
No... I hear enough foreign languages around me everyday.
What was your favorite subject in school? (I know, I know - some of you are going to answer "lunch." )
If it was a subject. I'd say biology.

EXTRA CREDIT

You're at a county fair today and you're allowed to have one junk-food item. Just this once, the calories, fat and carbs won't count against you. What food will you choose? Churros
You're at a cinema. What snack food will you enjoy most while you watch the movie? Popcorn.
Do you like s'mores? They're O.K. but I don't care that much for them.
Desperado.

Thank you Pam! What a lovely QOTD today!

Last edited by SATX56; 08-28-2017 at 10:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 10:34 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,911,888 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What's your favorite barnyard animal? Mr Rooster, he gets up in the morning crows and then has the rest of the day off. Nobody messes with him and he has lots of girlfriends.

I'm from Nebraska,,,,, what do you think?

Cows, goats, bulls, chickens, ducks, pigs, donkeys........

I did years ago but not any longer.

Yes, about ten years ago maybe was the last time and it's not my thing.

Only if they wanted to be touched.

No

BONUS QUESTIONS

Yes

Not many of them.

Oh yeah I loved shop class and made several nice items over the years.

We had it in school but I didn't take the classes.

Recess I liked geometry the most.

EXTRA CREDIT

You're at a county fair today and you're allowed to have one junk-food item. Just this once, the calories, fat and carbs won't count against you. What food will you choose? pass, I don't like junk foods at the fair.
You're at a cinema. What snack food will you enjoy most while you watch the movie? popcorn
Do you like s'mores?

Last edited by AksarbeN; 08-28-2017 at 10:52 PM..

Old 08-28-2017, 11:02 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times

Have you ever lived on or visited an animal farm? Yes, a few.

If so, what sorts of animals did you see? Sheep, goats, donkeys, horses, peacocks, chickens, etc.

Do you like to visit animal exhibits at a county or state fair? yes

Can you ride a horse? No
If so, when was the last time you did so?

Have you ever touched a sheep/lamb? Yes

Have you ever seen a black sheep? Yes but mostly lambs.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Yes

Best: None
Worst: All but the biggest worst was the balance beam

Did you take a shop or home economics class in school? yes

Did you take any foreign language classes in school? Yes. French and Spanish in Junior high and high school, Italian in college

What was your favorite subject in school? (I know, I know - some of you are going to answer "lunch." ) History

EXTRA CREDIT

You're at a county fair today and you're allowed to have one junk-food item. Just this once, the calories, fat and carbs won't count against you. What food will you choose? Lemonade squeezed in front of me. I don't like to eat at these outdoor things.

You're at a cinema. What snack food will you enjoy most while you watch the movie? Blue Icee
Do you like s'mores? Yes
You have to sing for your supper tonight. What song will you choose? If the song doesn't have to be about food, I'll choose, "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" or "Sober."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9p534Q5hhw

Old 08-28-2017, 11:21 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,011,950 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Fried chicken

I lived on a dairy for 4 years. When the cows heard I was coming they packed up and left town.

Mostly grasshoppers. As I already stated the cows left town.

Only the fried chicken exhibit

I am pretty good at riding a rocking horse. Last rode one something like 55 years ago

Does touching my wool blanket count?

I am pretty sure I am the black sheep of the family

BONUS QUESTIONS

I seem to recall the 8th grade PE teacher tried making me do a summersault. After a few failed attempts he gave up and suggested I take up drinking cheap beer instead.

I was pretty good at falling down. I sucked at all of the rest.

I took auto shop. Between me and the person I was paired up with, if a tool could be broken we broke it. We managed to break a few unbreakable tools along the way.

I took Spanish during the 5 weeks of 5th grade I spent in Oklahoma City. Yet something else I really sucked at.

While math and science are high on my list, my all time favorite class was badminton. 20 girls and only 4 guys. Need I say any more?

EXTRA CREDIT

You're at a county fair today and you're allowed to have one junk-food item. Just this once, the calories, fat and carbs won't count against you. What food will you choose?
Where is that fried chicken?

You're at a cinema. What snack food will you enjoy most while you watch the movie?
I will take a tub of melted butter. Sprinkle some popcorn on top.

Do you like s'mores?
Will eat them in a pinch

99 bottles of beer on the wall.
99 bottles of beer.
Take one down, pass it around.
98 bottles of beer on the wall.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:27 PM

38,946 posts, read 22,950,840 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What's your favorite barnyard animal? Cow

Have you ever lived on or visited an animal farm? Never visited them, but where I grew up, there were many dairy farms.

If so, what sorts of animals did you see? Cows, of course.

Do you like to visit animal exhibits at a county or state fair? Sure.

Can you ride a horse? If so, when was the last time you did so? Never have ridden a horse.

Have you ever touched a sheep/lamb? Not that I remember.

Have you ever seen a black sheep? I'm assuming you mean a 4-footed one. No, never have seen one.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When you were in school, did you have to take a physical ed class which included gymnastics? Yes.

If so, which gymnastic activities did you excel at and which were your worst? I was lousy at just about all of them.

Did you take a shop or home economics class in school? Yes, one of each in junior high. The home economics class for boys was called "Bachelors' Living."

Did you take any foreign language classes in school? Yes, took 2 different foreign language classes.

What was your favorite subject in school? (I know, I know - some of you are going to answer "lunch." ) Social Science/History.

EXTRA CREDIT

You're at a county fair today and you're allowed to have one junk-food item. Just this once, the calories, fat and carbs won't count against you. What food will you choose? Deep-fried Twinkie.

You're at a cinema. What snack food will you enjoy most while you watch the movie? Bon-bons.

Do you like s'mores?

You have to sing for your supper tonight. What song will you choose? Boys of Summer by Don Henley.

That's it for now, everyone. Have a terrific Tuesday! Thanks! You too!

Old 08-28-2017, 11:33 PM

44,657 posts, read 61,707,500 times
Hello, all! Welcome to the QOTD. Let's get down to business (or monkey business ) with me

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What's your favorite barnyard animal? Goat, baa.

Have you ever lived on or visited an animal farm? Yes both.

If so, what sorts of animals did you see? Cows, goats, pigs, rabbits, chickens, horses.

Do you like to visit animal exhibits at a county or state fair? Used too, it's been years though.

Can you ride a horse? Yes. If so, when was the last time you did so? Eons ago.

Have you ever touched a sheep/lamb? Yes Mary let me touch her lamb one time then she fleeced me.

Have you ever seen a black sheep? Yes, and a brown one and a black and white one too.

BONUS QUESTIONS

When you were in school, did you have to take a physical ed class which included gymnastics? No gymnastics, that was for girls.

If so, which gymnastic activities did you excel at and which were your worst? n/a

Did you take a shop or home economics class in school? Print shop, wood shop, metal shop.

Did you take any foreign language classes in school? Si senorita, español .

What was your favorite subject in school? (I know, I know - some of you are going to answer "lunch." ) History.

EXTRA CREDIT

You're at a county fair today and you're allowed to have one junk-food item. Just this once, the calories, fat and carbs won't count against you. What food will you choose? Cotton candy.
You're at a cinema. What snack food will you enjoy most while you watch the movie? Popcorn/cola.
Do you like s'mores? Never ate one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBsPZV14I-k

That's it for now, everyone. Have a terrific Tuesday! You too Pam, let's eat

Old 08-28-2017, 11:48 PM

21,572 posts, read 8,747,707 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Horses
I lived on a sheep ranch one summer when I was nine years old. I wanted to pet the sheep and couldn't understand why they'd always run away when I approached them.
Mostly sheep, but there was a dog named Lucky and 13-year-old nag named Nugget that my brother and I used to ride.
Yes, I enjoy seeing the animals.
Last time I was on a horse was in 1972. I thought I could ride, but the horse must have sensed that I was an amateur. He took off galloping and headed for a tree with low-hanging branches. I threw myself off rather than risk being knocked off by a tree branch. I got scraped up pretty badly and sprained an ankle. So I guess the answer is that I can't ride a horse.
Yes
I'm not sure. There must have been one at the sheep ranch, but I don't remember.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Yes, we had tumbling in fourth grade.
I liked tumbling, but that's the only one I ever did unless monkey bars count.
Girls at my junior high were required to take home ec. I was terrible at sewing but enjoyed cooking class.
Yes, I had three and a half years of French and one year of Spanish.
It would be a tie between band/orchestra and English.

EXTRA CREDIT

If the calories and carbs don't count, I'll take something sweet and gooey that's deep-fried, like a candy bar.

Hot buttered popcorn (but only if the calories and carbs don't count).

Do you like s'mores?
"Like" isn't a strong enough word to describe how much I looooooove s'mores.

I'll sing "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted," an old Jimmy Ruffin song from 1966. I know all the words, and the range suits my alto voice. Funny you should ask, because last night in a restaurant they were playing Motown oldies, and since it was noisy enough that no one could hear me, I was softly singing along with that song. I cried my eyes out to that song (and "Black is Black" by Los Bravos) after my high school boyfriend left for college in Texas. I thought my life was over!

Thanks, Pam!

Last edited by Bayarea4; 08-28-2017 at 11:53 PM.. Reason: sentence structure, capitalization, word choices.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:59 PM

14,810 posts, read 8,139,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Being from Kentucky, I am obligated to say a horse.

Chickens, cows (I was chased by a bull....), goats (a goat ran off with my jacket and I had to chase it!), horses...

Use to....been many years since I last went.

years ago

Have you ever touched a sheep/lamb? No.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Oh yes....hated that. (well I hated most of the classes...but hated that even more so.
Not many...I hate heights, even just a little bit off the ground...so I hated most of it. The Parallel bars and
balance beam
made me feel like I was going to faint or something.
I could do the tumbling stuff though okay.
I feigned illness and stayed home the day we were suppose to do the trampoline.
Yes, and I nearly burned the school down.

Seriously? I was a misfit. That would have taken an enormous amount of work and studying....I was looking for easy outs at that point in my life...so I took courses that looked like they would be easy and have no homework.

Lunch! That's it! Once I got over my pyromania I did learn to like Home Ec. - Mythology was interesting, as was Psychology and Photography.

EXTRA CREDIT

I don't eat things at places like that....I feel like it is botulism waiting to happen. (I know, I am a joy.)

It has been forever since I last went to the movies, and I think the prices for popcorn and candy etc are
a total rip off. I might sneak some candy in inside my purse.
Do you like s'mores?
Meh....I did as a child.....not really something I want to pursue any more...if I take in that many calories
I want it to count for something good - Ice Cream, a Sundae, or Cheese Cake or something!
The Sound of Silence.

U2~

Have a great Tuesday everybody!

Old 08-29-2017, 12:27 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,441,941 times
Good morning all from a cloudy England. Well, at least it's not raining!! Onward.......

I don't have a particular favourite amongst barnyard animals. My wife Judy though, adores pigs. We were driving over to the east coast of England one time, and on the road past the city of York, Judy spotted a field full of pigs. Boy, she stopped that car so fast, and got out for a look. The pigs had little corrugated metal houses, all over the huge field. They lay outside them, and others strolled round the field. Judy stood there admiring them for ages........

I have touched lambs. We visited some kind of animal farm while on holiday in Devon, which is down in the far south of England. We went in a huge building full of baby lambs. The owner let us feed a baby lamb each with a huge bottle full of milk.

When I was a schoolboy, PE was compulsory. No ifs or buts....... We had to do a weekly cross country run in all weathers including rain, or even snow. We had to cross a freezing cold stream even in winter. Ahhh, those were the days. The girls didn't have to do it of course. They played netball, or something like that.

I did take a foreign lesson at school - French. Three years man and boy........ at the end of it, I could say hello, and ask the time in French. I was too busy admiring the French teacher, and her tight sweaters to concentrate on the lesson........

Equality was in it's early dawn rapture when I was a kid. Someone decided boys should do home economics. I did my best, and made a very nice apple crumble.........

If I was to sing for my supper, I would give y'all 'Weekend In New England' by Barry Manilow. It is my signature karaoke tune......... Not a dry eye in the house.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics