Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:10 PM

11 posts, read 19,218 times

Advertisements

I am fascinated by the purity of my two dogs. Living in today's world where you're not always dealing with the best people, dealing with other's hidden agendas or experiencing things like that...it really refreshes me to get back home to my dogs and take them for a walk or take them to a field to play and just be out in nature with them and soaking that all up. Cesar Milan the Dog Whisperer states in his book that dogs truly live in the moment, and that is one of the greatest things he has learned working with so many dogs. They don't worry about the past or stress about the future as we humans do.

The feeling I have when I am just in that moment with them relaxing in nature, throwing the ball for them, feeling the warmth of the sun on my face, the wind blow through my hair, total relaxation...that moment fascinates me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 09:21 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,542,409 times
Oh, and I am fascinated by New York City-I would love to go there some time and just experience it-all the different parts of the city, the life, the tempo, so much excitement-it just looks like someplace I would love.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:00 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,235,865 times
Nature fascinates me. Insects, birds, fish, mammals. Diversity works for me!

Old 03-16-2008, 10:53 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,650,308 times
I am fascinated by all the above. I couldn't narrow it down, so I started reading the posts because sometimes it jogs my memory to read what others have written. That goes right along with working in the library long enough to get to full retirement. When I was in school I could get almost the best grade in several different subjects, but someone would always beat me because they were good in that one subject. Yes, everything fascinates me and I love to look up things and learn more about just about anything. That is why I love city-data.

Sometimes what you learn on city-data is a bureau of misinformation, but that is fun too.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:53 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,672,622 times
Oh wow, an easy one for a change. Gotta hurry as it is almost midnight here in central time.

I am facinated by life in general. It is amazing just to sit and watch people, nature, and the interactions between each. I am humbled by the vastness of life and all the ups and downs it can bring.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:33 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
I am fascinated by water towers .
Ever since I was little they have fascinated me, I saw a really cool on on our road trip to Ocala yesterday.
I think it is great how they have the town names on them. It is something that just says "home town" to me.
I remember when I was younger I was just amazed to find out that there is actually water in them.
Gaffney, S. C. was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post. I googled it and guess where I found the picture I wanted. This has been the subject of conversation many times when people are just standing around and talking. It seems that when you don't get to view the whole thing, It looks like something else. LOL I thought I heard that they have repainted it. Gaffney, SC : Giant peach water tower in Gaffney SC photo

It won't be tomorrow until I go to bed and sleep for a while. What can I say, I'm a night owl.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:43 PM
NCN

I didn't see that anybody had mentioned old graveyards. They really have a tale to tell. My ds got me interested in this. Sometimes you can see where there has been a disease epidemic, war, etc. Take me to almost any town and I will head for the graveyard to see the towns history.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:52 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,389,575 times
My goodness, everything mentioned so far fascinates me--especially new life of all kinds.

I'm fascinated with lightning and twinkling Christmas lights. There's something about the changing light patterns and moving shadows that can keep me mesmerized for hours.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:06 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,383,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I didn't see that anybody had mentioned old graveyards. They really have a tale to tell. My ds got me interested in this. Sometimes you can see where there has been a disease epidemic, war, etc. Take me to almost any town and I will head for the graveyard to see the towns history.
This fascinates me, as well...

Old 03-17-2008, 04:17 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,581,647 times
Talking See this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
I am fascinated by water towers .
Ever since I was little they have fascinated me, I saw a really cool on on our road trip to Ocala yesterday.
I think it is great how they have the town names on them. It is something that just says "home town" to me.
I remember when I was younger I was just amazed to find out that there is actually water in them.
Then you should see the one for 'Bourbon, Missouri! Over the years many comments have been made about the water tower with 'BOURBON' on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics