Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 05:29 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Hide, witch...hide!
The 'good folks' come to burn thee!
Their keen enjoyment hid behind
a Gothic mask of duty.

~ Do you see more artistic beauty in what sort of surroundings...anywhere at all: In The woods, by the ocean, in the sky...

~ I would rather: _______________________________.
~THAN~
Go out for a few hour walk looking for plants and critters. (We have great silent motorized wheelchairs available for FREE!) Sign me up for one of those motorized wheelchairs since I can't walk very far anymore because of my medical problem.

~ For the rest of us that do have that shi*box known as a television in our homes, what-if-any police related shows have you watched during your lifetime? The Mod Squad, Streets of San Francisco, Barretta, Starsky & Hutch, C.H.I.P.S., Miami Vice, Law & Order SVU, Law & Order, Blue Bloods and several other shows.

~ For the un-poisoned wonderful people without the above device in their home, do you ever look outside your door or window and feel a genuine smile of happiness?

~ Yeah, there are those with the crapbox at home who may also smile as they look outside but you/we are missing out on life.

~ Was a crayon first known as a crayon or was it first known as a crayola? Crayon.

~ Before vinyl, were LP records made from a wax or a synthetic plastic? What speeds (record speeds) records have you ever played? 33,45 and 78.

~ Did you forget about the plastic round inserts that were pushed into the center of the 45 rpm records? Still have a couple.

~ How long since you looked into or used your cooking range broiler area? If you use it for a storage that is fine, we won't say anything to anyone. Haven't broiled in several years.

~ Order some Chinese soup this week. I recommend One Quart Wonton/Egg Drop Mix! Won Ton only or Hot and Sour soup for me.

~ Is there sugar in your house...not in your foodstuffs, dummy...in granulated or powdered form? I know dear Almrausch has some! No sugar here.

~ Have you ever been to a desert and what do you think of the desert: Yes, I have and it was very, very hot!

~ Have you ever photographed a snake or a lizard that was not captive? My hubby did years ago.

~ Guess how many fighter jets the U.S.S. Saratoga, CV-60, can be at the ready with: I don't know!
(My favorite ship, it was in operation from 1956 - 1994, I believe.)

~ Would you have been able to serve 4 years in the US Navy on a big ship, going on 6 month long cruises at a time? Only if I had to.

~ The Rooster Crowed at Midnight? Where the heck did we hear that title before? I can't recall.

**** I think I'm turning Japanese...but maybe not. ****
Happy Friday, everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 05:41 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,132 times
~ Hide, witch...hide!
a Gothic mask of duty.

~ Do you see more artistic beauty in what sort of surroundings...anywhere at all: Just looking out from where I'm sitting, The foliage is about at its peak, I think. There's also a big paper wasp nest, longer than twelve inches long that is really pretty.

~THAN~
Go out for a few hour walk looking for plants and critters. (We have great silent motorized wheelchairs available for FREE!) I will go for the walk. The only thing I think I might rather do is go to a concert.

~ For the rest of us that do have that shi*box known as a television in our homes, what-if-any police related shows have you watched during your lifetime? Skip!

~ For the un-poisoned wonderful people without the above device in their home, do you ever look outside your door or window and feel a genuine smile of happiness? All the time! Last night with the full moon was beautiful!

~ Yeah, there are those with the crapbox at home who may also smile as they look outside but you/we are missing out on life. I do feel lucky to live where I do, though I know it's not for everyone.

~ Was a crayon first known as a crayon or was it first known as a crayola? Hm. I thought crayola
was the company.

~ Before vinyl, were LP records made from a wax or a synthetic plastic? What speeds (record speeds) records have you ever played? Plastic? I don't know. I've played 33 1/3, 45s & 78s. I have my grandparents' records.

~ Did you forget about the plastic round inserts that were pushed into the center of the 45 rpm records? Now that you mention it...... maybe.

~ How long since you looked into or used your cooking range broiler area? If you use it for a storage that is fine, we won't say anything to anyone. Storage

~ Order some Chinese soup this week. I recommend One Quart Wonton/Egg Drop Mix! No, thanks! I will give mine to you, roosty.

~ Is there sugar in your house...not in your foodstuffs, dummy...in granulated or powdered form? I know dear Almrausch has some! There is. Granulated, powdered, and brown sugar.

~ Have you ever been to a desert and what do you think of the desert: Have never been.

~ Have you ever photographed a snake or a lizard that was not captive? Only a newt.

~ Guess how many fighter jets the U.S.S. Saratoga, CV-60, can be at the ready with: I wouldn't have any idea!

~ Would you have been able to serve 4 years in the US Navy on a big ship, going on 6 month long cruises at a time? Wouldn't have.

~ The Rooster Crowed at Midnight? Where the heck did we hear that title before? I don't know. I have heard roosters crowing this morning though.

**** I think I'm turning Japanese...but maybe not. **** Why do you think that?

Thanks, roosty! Off to school!

Old 10-06-2017, 06:01 AM

30,531 posts, read 16,226,596 times
Quote:
~ Hide, witch...hide!
a Gothic mask of duty.

~ Do you see more artistic beauty in what sort of surroundings...anywhere at all:

almost anywhere outside. My preference is in watching a waterfall.

~ I would rather: ______pull weeds_________________________.
~THAN~
mow lawn

Go out for a few hour walk looking for plants and critters. (We have great silent motorized wheelchairs available for FREE!)
that would be lovely. The woods smell sort pleasantly sout with the leaves changing.

~ For the rest of us that do have that shi*box known as a television in our homes, what-if-any police related shows have you watched during your lifetime?
I have a tv but the only thing I use it for is watching dvds.

~ For the un-poisoned wonderful people without the above device in their home, do you ever look outside your door or window and feel a genuine smile of happiness?
sometimes.

~ Yeah, there are those with the crapbox at home who may also smile as they look outside but you/we are missing out on life.
well, you can either watch fiction or live reality.

~ Was a crayon first known as a crayon or was it first known as a crayola?

don't know but I'd guess crayons and crayola was a brand name based on that.

~ Before vinyl, were LP records made from a wax or a synthetic plastic? What speeds (record speeds) records have you ever played?

45, 78. 33 1/3

~ Did you forget about the plastic round inserts that were pushed into the center of the 45 rpm records?
yea, and when they got old, they'd fall out.

~ How long since you looked into or used your cooking range broiler area? If you use it for a storage that is fine, we won't say anything to anyone.
don't use it at all, not even for storage.

~ Order some Chinese soup this week. I recommend One Quart Wonton/Egg Drop Mix!
That sounds good.

~ Is there sugar in your house...not in your foodstuffs, dummy...in granulated or powdered form? I know dear Almrausch has some!
yea, it's in a jar in the cupboard should I ever get the urge to bake something.

~ Have you ever been to a desert and what do you think of the desert:
I very much dislike it. Give me green any day.

~ Have you ever photographed a snake or a lizard that was not captive?

sure, when I was into photography.

~ Guess how many fighter jets the U.S.S. Saratoga, CV-60, can be at the ready with:

~ Would you have been able to serve 4 years in the US Navy on a big ship, going on 6 month long cruises at a time?
doubtful. I'd freak from being closed in.

~ The Rooster Crowed at Midnight? Where the heck did we hear that title before?
a MASH story. They had to call the author because the last chapter was missing.

ya could do worse.

thanks, roosty.

Have a great day, everyone.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:30 AM

7,369 posts, read 5,483,693 times
Hide, witch...hide!
a Gothic mask of duty.

~ Do you see more artistic beauty in what sort of surroundings...anywhere at all: trees and skyscrapers

~ I would rather walk in a wooded area_______.
~THAN~
Go out for a few hour walk looking for plants and critters. (We have great silent motorized wheelchairs available for FREE!)

~ For the rest of us that do have that shi*box known as a television in our homes, what-if-any police related shows have you watched during your lifetime? Starsky and Hutch. The old one with Tom Selleck. The man from UNCLE.. The Fugitive.

~ Was a crayon first known as a crayon or was it first known as a crayola? Crayon

~ Before vinyl, were LP records made from a wax or a synthetic plastic? What speeds (record speeds) records have you ever played? 45, 78, 33 1/2

~ Did you forget about the plastic round inserts that were pushed into the center of the 45 rpm records? No

~ How long since you looked into or used your cooking range broiler area? If you use it for a storage that is fine, we won't say anything to anyone. I never use it.

~ Order some Chinese soup this week. I recommend One Quart Wonton/Egg Drop Mix! Ok

~ Is there sugar in your house...not in your foodstuffs, dummy...in granulated or powdered form? I know dear Almrausch has some!
I ha e some too.

~ Have you ever been to a desert and what do you think of the desert: no I haven't

~ Have you ever photographed a snake or a lizard that was not captive? No

~ Guess how many fighter jets the U.S.S. Saratoga, CV-60, can be at the ready with:

~ Would you have been able to serve 4 years in the US Navy on a big ship, going on 6 month long cruises at a time? No

[/quote]

Old 10-06-2017, 06:31 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,053,589 times
~ Hide, witch...hide!
a Gothic mask of duty.

~ Do you see more artistic beauty in what sort of surroundings...anywhere at all:
Mountains,waves by the ocean,cloud formation,animals with their beautiful designs,plants and tree stems shaped in an odd way but yet looks like Mother Nature designed them

~ I would rather: _______________________________. I drop anything to go outside
~THAN~

~ For the rest of us that do have that shi*box known as a television in our homes, what-if-any police related shows have you watched during your lifetime? Magnum P.I. and Streets of San Francisco and Remington Steel

~ For the un-poisoned wonderful people without the above device in their home, do you ever look outside your door or window and feel a genuine smile of happiness? It does not take much to make me happy!

~ Yeah, there are those with the crapbox at home who may also smile as they look outside but you/we are missing out on life. Yes electronics can distract you from seeing the little things in life..like a beautiful caterpillar crossing the sidewalk......

~ Was a crayon first known as a crayon or was it first known as a crayola? I don't really know

~ Before vinyl, were LP records made from a wax or a synthetic plastic? I don't know roosty What speeds (record speeds) records have you ever played?
Again no clue I got large and small LP records

~ Did you forget about the plastic round inserts that were pushed into the center of the 45 rpm records? Now that I remember

~ How long since you looked into or used your cooking range broiler area? Recently If you use it for a storage that is fine, we won't say anything to anyone.

Thank you but I just had breakfast an hour ago

~ Is there sugar in your house...not in your foodstuffs, dummy...in granulated or powdered form? I know dear Almrausch has some! Yes I have it is needed for all my baking

~ Have you ever been to a desert and what do you think of the desert: Yes I have and it is beautiful so long you have a guide with you.

~ Have you ever photographed a snake or a lizard that was not captive? I took a few pictures from Garter snakes while on my weekly hiking tours.

(My favorite ship, it was in operation from 1956 - 1994, I believe.) I don't know but I bet Magnum Mike will tell us

~ Would you have been able to serve 4 years in the US Navy on a big ship, going on 6 month long cruises at a time? Not being American,no . But I think I would have had the courage,stamina,willpower,determination if I would have been steered toward army recruitment. I ADMIRE any soldiers courage and how they are the ones who gave us ALL a better life in this world. They are the true heroes!!!

It must be an old song so I have no idea

Thank you roosty and a very nice weekend to you all

Old 10-06-2017, 06:42 AM

1,227 posts, read 633,802 times
Quote:
~ Hide, witch...hide!
a Gothic mask of duty.

"Mau Mau Amerikon" RIP Paul Kantner.

~ I would rather: _be swimming_.
~THAN~

~ For the rest of us that do have that shi*box known as a television in our homes, what-if-any police related shows have you watched during your lifetime?
I used to watch "Drag Net" with my dad.

Yes, I can see for miles.

~ Was a crayon first known as a crayon or was it first known as a crayola?
I'd guess it was a crayon.

~ Before vinyl, were LP records made from a wax or a synthetic plastic? What speeds (record speeds) records have you ever played?

45's and 33's.

~ Did you forget about the plastic round inserts that were pushed into the center of the 45 rpm records?

I'd love to have a pendant made in sterling silver in the shape of the plastic round insert!

~ How long since you looked into or used your cooking range broiler area? If you use it for a storage that is fine, we won't say anything to anyone.

My broiler is built into my oven.

Yes, but we haven't used it in a while.

~ Have you ever been to a desert and what do you think of the desert:

I love the desert!

~ Have you ever photographed a snake or a lizard that was not captive?

No, but hubby photographed a rattle snake.

~ Would you have been able to serve 4 years in the US Navy on a big ship, going on 6 month long cruises at a time?

Call it Stormy Monday?

!

Old 10-06-2017, 07:05 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,545,902 times
In just about any surroundings

~ I would rather:take a drive through the country.
~THAN~

~ For the rest of us that do have that shi*box known as a television in our homes, what-if-any police related shows have you watched during your lifetime? We've seen every episode of COPS at least 4 times, Live PD, Hawaii 50, and a bunch bunch more

~ Was a crayon first known as a crayon or was it first known as a crayola? Probably a crayloa

~ Before vinyl, were LP records made from a wax or a synthetic plastic? What speeds (record speeds) records have you ever played? All of them from 33 1/3 to 78

~ Did you forget about the plastic round inserts that were pushed into the center of the 45 rpm records? Wish I could have at the time. But I did buy one of those adapters that set on the little nub so you could play several 45s

~ How long since you looked into or used your cooking range broiler area? If you use it for a storage that is fine, we won't say anything to anyone. Storage

~ Order some Chinese soup this week. I recommend One Quart Wonton/Egg Drop Mix! I'm not a soup fan but my wife likes egg drop soup

~ Is there sugar in your house...not in your foodstuffs, dummy...in granulated or powdered form? I know dear Almrausch has some! We have granular, brown, and powdered

~ Have you ever been to a desert and what do you think of the desert: Never been to one

~ Have you ever photographed a snake or a lizard that was not captive? Nope

~ Guess how many fighter jets the U.S.S. Saratoga, CV-60, can be at the ready with: A bunch!

~ Would you have been able to serve 4 years in the US Navy on a big ship, going on 6 month long cruises at a time? Nope. I didn't even make it through Army basic training! Sprained my ankle 4 times in 3 months. They told me I could start over at day 1 or go home. I told them goodbye!

~ The Rooster Crowed at Midnight? Where the heck did we hear that title before? From the show M*A*S*H. No mail was coming in and somebody had the book. They tore the chapters out of the book so several could be reading it at the same time.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:54 AM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
~ Hide, witch...hide!
a Gothic mask of duty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyvRyxpvDi8

~ Do you see more artistic beauty in what sort of surroundings...anywhere at all: In a forest.

~THAN~
Go out for a few hour walk looking for plants and critters. (We have great silent motorized wheelchairs available for FREE!) I can't think of anything I'd love more than walking for a few hours in a wooded area, admiring the flora and fauna.

~ For the rest of us that do have that shi*box known as a television in our homes, what-if-any police related shows have you watched during your lifetime? Most of the Law & Order shows at one time or another; Matlock; Hill Street Blues; Andy Griffith (hahaha!); Barney Miller; Hawaii 5-0 (both the old and the current series); Gunsmoke; Dragnet; many others I can't think of at the moment.

~ For the un-poisoned wonderful people without the above device in their home, do you ever look outside your door or window and feel a genuine smile of happiness? N/A. I'm poisoned.

~ Yeah, there are those with the crapbox at home who may also smile as they look outside but you/we are missing out on life. I try to balance things, but I do watch more TV than I should, and I spend too much on C-D than I should as well.

~ Was a crayon first known as a crayon or was it first known as a crayola? I don't know.

~ Before vinyl, were LP records made from a wax or a synthetic plastic? I'm not sure. What speeds (record speeds) records have you ever played? I've played 78's, 45's and 33.3's.

~ Did you forget about the plastic round inserts that were pushed into the center of the 45 rpm records? Nope. I remember them and was talking about them recently when reminiscing with old friends.

~ How long since you looked into or used your cooking range broiler area? I've never used my broiler. I've wanted to for a long time but am a little nervous about using it correctly and not starting a fire. (Silly, I know. ). If you use it for a storage that is fine, we won't say anything to anyone. My broiler element is inside the oven. I store two big soup kettles and a 12" heavy skillet in the oven because they are too large for my cabinets.

~ Order some Chinese soup this week. I recommend One Quart Wonton/Egg Drop Mix! I love egg drop soup! But I prefer it without sliced green onions on top and I inevitably forget to ask the server to leave the onions off.

~ Is there sugar in your house...not in your foodstuffs, dummy...in granulated or powdered form? Yes. I keep a canister of sugar on hand for baking, though I don't bake nearly as often as I used to. I buy granulated sugar in 4- or 5-pound bags and I buy powdered sugar in a 1-pound box or sometimes a 2-pound bag. I know dear Almrausch has some!

~ Have you ever been to a desert and what do you think of the desert: Haven't been to one yet.

~ Have you ever photographed a snake or a lizard that was not captive? No. I've seen snakes in the wild but don't recall ever photographing one.

(My favorite ship, it was in operation from 1956 - 1994, I believe.) 25

~ Would you have been able to serve 4 years in the US Navy on a big ship, going on 6 month long cruises at a time? I don't know. I guess if I were drafted to do so I'd do it. My brother-in-law served in the USN on a ship from 1966-69. He liked being on the ship, but liked shore leave in Spain even more. (Lots of stories about late-night shenanigans. )

~ The Rooster Crowed at Midnight? Where the heck did we hear that title before? Sounds like the title of an Agatha Christie novel, though I don't recall for sure where the line came from.

**** I think I'm turning Japanese...but maybe not. **** Um, okay........ Thanks, roosty, and happy Fryday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-06-2017 at 08:10 AM..

Old 10-06-2017, 08:29 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times

~ Do you see more artistic beauty in what sort of surroundings...anywhere at all: Natural artistic beauty, the temperate rainforest.

~THAN~
Go out for a few hour walk looking for plants and critters. (We have great silent motorized wheelchairs available for FREE!) Very little, perhaps sitting on a beach in Hawaii at sunset.

~ For the rest of us that do have that shi*box known as a television in our homes, what-if-any police related shows have you watched during your lifetime? Far too many to name, from Highway Patrol, Dragnet to CHPs, Hill Street Blues, CSI and NCIS. Many more in between.

~ For the un-poisoned wonderful people without the above device in their home, do you ever look outside your door or window and feel a genuine smile of happiness? n/a

~ Yeah, there are those with the crapbox at home who may also smile as they look outside but you/we are missing out on life. Balance is key.

~ Was a crayon first known as a crayon or was it first known as a crayola? For me it was crayolas, they were the only brand I knew of as a kid.

~ Before vinyl, were LP records made from a wax or a synthetic plastic? What speeds (record speeds) records have you ever played? 78, 45, 33.

~ Did you forget about the plastic round inserts that were pushed into the center of the 45 rpm records? No, in fact I may still have a few somewhere in the house.

~ How long since you looked into or used your cooking range broiler area? If you use it for a storage that is fine, we won't say anything to anyone. I used it last night.

~ Order some Chinese soup this week. I recommend One Quart Wonton/Egg Drop Mix! Sounds good, but I'll pass.

~ Is there sugar in your house...not in your foodstuffs, dummy...in granulated or powdered form? I know dear Almrausch has some! 10 lb granulated from Costco, bag of powdered, bags of light and dark brown.

~ Have you ever been to a desert and what do you think of the desert: Many, including Death Valley CA, much of Arizona and
Winnemucca Nevada. I can stand a few hours or even a day there and that's about it. Passing through is preferable.

~ Have you ever photographed a snake or a lizard that was not captive? Yes, a snake on a trail while hiking twice, one a rattler in CA, another harmless one here in WA.

(My favorite ship, it was in operation from 1956 - 1994, I believe.) 10?

~ Would you have been able to serve 4 years in the US Navy on a big ship, going on 6 month long cruises at a time? I suppose so, but wouldn't have liked it.

~ The Rooster Crowed at Midnight? Where the heck did we hear that title before? No idea!?

Old 10-06-2017, 09:23 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
~ Hide, witch...hide!
a Gothic mask of duty.

~ Do you see more artistic beauty in what sort of surroundings...anywhere at all: Anything made by God.

~ I would rather: ___be in the Southern Hemisphere during January._____.
~THAN~

~ For the rest of us that do have that shi*box known as a television in our homes, what-if-any police related shows have you watched during your lifetime? I come from a family of law enforcement people so I respect the profession and never cared for Hollywood's policemen. I did watch the Andy Griffith Show however.

~ Was a crayon first known as a crayon or was it first known as a crayola? I have no clue.

~ Before vinyl, were LP records made from a wax or a synthetic plastic? What speeds (record speeds) records have you ever played? 33, 45, 78 and whatever speed a windup Victrola runs at.

~ Did you forget about the plastic round inserts that were pushed into the center of the 45 rpm records? I haven't forgotten them. I recently saw a yellow one lying in a box somewhere around here.

~ How long since you looked into or used your cooking range broiler area? If you use it for a storage that is fine, we won't say anything to anyone. My broiler area is part of my baking area so I used it this morning.

~ Have you ever been to a desert and what do you think of the desert: I've spent a significant amount of my young life in the Chihuahuan Desert. Deserts have some of the world's most interesting biodiversity but much of it is nocturnal out of necessity. Most people don't like the desert which is one of my reasons for loving it. Many people erroneously believe the Texas and Mexico High Plains is desert. Please don't tell them it is not.

~ Have you ever photographed a snake or a lizard that was not captive? Many times but only with a 35 ml camera.

(My favorite ship, it was in operation from 1956 - 1994, I believe.) Not a clue but I would guess 50 to 100 swing-wing aircraft.

~ Would you have been able to serve 4 years in the US Navy on a big ship, going on 6 month long cruises at a time? In the past yes.

~ The Rooster Crowed at Midnight? Where the heck did we hear that title before? An old wive's tale. I think it is bad luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics