Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 03:04 AM

16,913 posts, read 16,196,598 times

Advertisements

~ Have you ever heard an 'echo'?

~ Concerning 'echos', do you think that, if you sat in a chair (or stood) located where the soundwaves were bouncing off of wherever...that the soundwaves would be louder than when on its path to that reflecting point?

~ Have you ever seen some driving their vehicle and their finger was up inside of their nose?

~ What coin do you think is the coolest:

~ Do you ever at all...eat sliced 'white bread'? You know what I mean...that Wonder Bread type of crap?

~ Do 'acronyms' annoy you sometimes?

~ Do you literally have 'freedom of speech', right here and right now?

~ Have you ever been to eat at an eatery that is on the waterfront?

~ Would you like some white or yellow tortilla chips with salsa and/or nacho cheese? Anything else with that?

~ 3 days ago an awesome iguana came to my home to eat its leaves and flowers. Yesterday she was back here, doing the same. It weighs a good 2 or 3 pounds. Have you ever tried being vegetarian and do you think you can be a vegetarian and still gain weight?

~ What do you think the highest location is in your town/city?

~ 3 delicious drinks:

~ It is Fryday; may today and the weekend and the future be peaceful. Spread some love!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 03:31 AM

30,751 posts, read 16,393,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

sure.

~ Concerning 'echos', do you think that, if you sat in a chair (or stood) located where the soundwaves were bouncing off of wherever...that the soundwaves would be louder than when on its path to that reflecting point?

I don't think so.

~ Have you ever seen some driving their vehicle and their finger was up inside of their nose?

ewwww. there's advantages to those dark tinted windows.

I had one from Canada that had 2 metals-white on the outside and gold in the middle. I think it was a dollar.

~ Do you ever at all...eat sliced 'white bread'? You know what I mean...that Wonder Bread type of crap?

don't buy it but if served at someone's house, I'll eat it.

YES!

well, yea, because right here and right now I'm alone.

yup.

~ Would you like some white or yellow tortilla chips with salsa and/or nacho cheese? Anything else with that?
no, thanks. too salty and too greasy. I'd rather the white bread.

~ 3 days ago an awesome iguana came to my home to eat its leaves and flowers. Yesterday she was back here, doing the same. It weighs a good 2 or 3 pounds. Have you ever tried being vegetarian and do you think you can be a vegetarian and still gain weight?

yes and yes.

one of the buildings of Mansfield University.

~ 3 delicious drinks:

water, lemonade, water

~ It is Fryday; may today and the weekend and the future be peaceful. Spread some love!
yup-and if you can't spread love, at least spread tolerance.

thanks, Roosty.

Old 07-13-2018, 03:59 AM

62,125 posts, read 87,982,234 times

Of course

Probably not.

Aha!! A trick question!!! I am not looking what other drivers do with their fingers, but pay attention to the road and traffic

The AUSTRALIAN KANGAROO 1 TONNE 9999 GOLD! As pictured here. Indeed, very cool!!
http://www.perthmintbullion.com/us/O...gold-coin.aspx

Me? Eating crap wonder bread? NEVER!! Yuck!!!!!
I would occasionally eat baguette but normally, I don't eat white bread.

Didn't thought about lately...

Are you kidding? No freedom of speech with all the BS about PC.

Yes. I eat freshly caught fish at the beach tavern in my hometown.

Salsa is good, classic. But hummus tastes pretty good too, and so is avocado-feta dip, or my homemade roasted garlic parmesan white bean dip, or sriracha greek yogurt dipping sauce, or honey mustard dip, or artichoke and kale dip... etc...

You guys in Florida eat those little lizards, not?
I didn't try to be a vegetarian, I am a meat lover!
And yes, you can gain weight being vegetarian - all that those beans, grains, cheese, potatoes, fatty fish, nuts, juices, soy products are calorie rich.

The tower of the Americas. 750-foot-tall. Other than that, just small hills around.

~ 3 delicious drinks:

Milk, tea, and firewater!

Thank you, roosty! Many peaceful hugs! xxxxxxxxx...
stay cool and have an awesome weekend!

Last edited by elnina; 07-13-2018 at 08:36 AM..

Old 07-13-2018, 04:12 AM

11,420 posts, read 9,347,664 times
~ Have you ever heard an 'echo'? - I seem to recall...

~ Concerning 'echos', do you think that, if you sat in a chair (or stood) located where the soundwaves were bouncing off of wherever...that the soundwaves would be louder than when on its path to that reflecting point? - Doubtful

~ Have you ever seen some driving their vehicle and their finger was up inside of their nose? - Not something I would notice. If I did I would look away and it would be forgotten.

~ What coin do you think is the coolest: - Dollar coins are worth the most but I haven't seen one in a long time.

~ Do you ever at all...eat sliced 'white bread'? You know what I mean...that Wonder Bread type of crap? - Not the commercial type, like the example just given.

~ Do 'acronyms' annoy you sometimes? - When I don't know what they are...

~ Do you literally have 'freedom of speech', right here and right now? - Of course not...

~ Have you ever been to eat at an eatery that is on the waterfront? - Many times but not in a while.

~ Would you like some white or yellow tortilla chips with salsa and/or nacho cheese? Anything else with that? - Goes good with Mexican style food.

~ 3 days ago an awesome iguana came to my home to eat its leaves and flowers. Yesterday she was back here, doing the same. It weighs a good 2 or 3 pounds. Have you ever tried being vegetarian and do you think you can be a vegetarian and still gain weight? - The reason vegetarians gain weight is carbs, especially bread and pasta. White rice and sugar are bad for weight gain as well. I'm used to working with large groups and I often see what people eat. Know/known vegetarians and vegans along the way. Think large portions and often.

~ What do you think the highest location is in your town/city? - IDK

~ 3 delicious drinks: - Filtered water, water with lime or lemon, sparkling lime water.

~ It is Fryday; may today and the weekend and the future be peaceful. Spread some love! - Nice thought...

Thank you for the Questions!

Happy Friday!

Old 07-13-2018, 05:27 AM

126,424 posts, read 19,184,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Have you ever heard an 'echo'? .....Yes many times in the mountains.Most beautiful one at the Königsee/Berchtesgaden.If you play a trumpet or yodel right in the middle of the lake an echo from the surrounding mountains brings you crystal clear back the melody.Absolutely beautiful.

~ Concerning 'echos', do you think that, if you sat in a chair (or stood) located where the soundwaves were bouncing off of wherever...that the soundwaves would be louder than when on its path to that reflecting point?..... Don't think so

~ Have you ever seen some driving their vehicle and their finger was up inside of their nose?......Yes

~ What coin do you think is the coolest:.....I like our Canadian Toonie.It is a bi-metallic coin and in 2010 they designed on the obverse Queen Elisabeth ll and on the reverse a polar bear.

~ Do you ever at all...eat sliced 'white bread'? ..... NEVER.....You know what I mean...that Wonder Bread type of crap?.....No thank you

~ Do 'acronyms' annoy you sometimes?...Yes

~ Do you literally have 'freedom of speech', right here and right now?....... Definitely within my own home I can say what I feel

~ Have you ever been to eat at an eatery that is on the waterfront?......Yes

~ Would you like some white or yellow tortilla chips with salsa and/or nacho cheese? Anything else with that?......No thank you

~ 3 days ago an awesome iguana came to my home to eat its leaves and flowers. Yesterday she was back here, doing the same. It weighs a good 2 or 3 pounds. Have you ever tried being vegetarian and do you think you can be a vegetarian and still gain weight?......I try to eat lots of legumes,beans, vegetables and fruits and stay away from meat,but eat fish and once in a while poultry ( I do prepare meat dishes for others),rice and pasta,junk food,sweets and Pop.I think weight flactuates,pending how much or little you eat or drink.

~ What do you think the highest location is in your town/city?.....I don't know

~ 3 delicious drinks:.......Is this another trick question? ..in no particular order
. Water
. Sour lemon water
. Lassi ( 1/2 water and 1/2 yogurt mix)
. Beer
. Champagne
. Coffee
. Cold Ricola tea with raspberry syrup

THANK YOU roosty,happy Friday 13th and a wonderful weekend to one and all

Old 07-13-2018, 06:02 AM

37,826 posts, read 41,158,528 times
~ Have you ever heard an 'echo'? yes

~ Concerning 'echos', do you think that, if you sat in a chair (or stood) located where the soundwaves were bouncing off of wherever...that the soundwaves would be louder than when on its path to that reflecting point? don't know

no

Yes but not Wonder Bread, The formula/recipe must have been changed since I was a kid.

~ Do 'acronyms' annoy you sometimes? no

Not if there are moderators.

yes

not now. It's not even 8:00A.

~ 3 days ago an awesome iguana came to my home to eat its leaves and flowers. Yesterday she was back here, doing the same. It weighs a good 2 or 3 pounds. Have you ever tried being vegetarian and do you think you can be a vegetarian and still gain weight? No, No, and maybe.

It's on the land owned by the Department of Energy and it's 1,356 feet high. You can look up the highest elevation of your town.

~ 3 delicious drinks: pineapple juice, blue slushee/Icee, ice cold water

Old 07-13-2018, 06:24 AM

7,409 posts, read 5,521,644 times
~ Have you ever heard an 'echo'? Yes

~ Concerning 'echos', do you think that, if you sat in a chair (or stood) located where the soundwaves were bouncing off of wherever...that the soundwaves would be louder than when on its path to that reflecting point? I don’t know

~ Have you ever seen some driving their vehicle and their finger was up inside of their nose? Yes

~ What coin do you think is the coolest: the quarter

~ Do you ever at all...eat sliced 'white bread'? You know what I mean...that Wonder Bread type of crap? Yes, love it!

~ Do 'acronyms' annoy you sometimes? Sometimes

~ Do you literally have 'freedom of speech', right here and right now? Yes

~ Have you ever been to eat at an eatery that is on the waterfront? Yes

~ Would you like some white or yellow tortilla chips with salsa and/or nacho cheese? Anything else with that? A margarita

~ 3 days ago an awesome iguana came to my home to eat its leaves and flowers. Yesterday she was back here, doing the same. It weighs a good 2 or 3 pounds. Have you ever tried being vegetarian and do you think you can be a vegetarian and still gain weight? Yes and yes

~ What do you think the highest location is in your town/city? There are some tall rock formation that overlook the river. And probably a couple church temples.

~ 3 delicious drinks:

Chocolate milkshake
Tall glass of sweet tea
Cup of hot tea.

[/quote]

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Old 07-13-2018, 06:50 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,835 posts, read 81,846,971 times
~ Have you ever heard an 'echo'? Yes, many times

~ Concerning 'echos', do you think that, if you sat in a chair (or stood) located where the soundwaves were bouncing off of wherever...that the soundwaves would be louder than when on its path to that reflecting point? No, but I really have no idea

~ Have you ever seen some driving their vehicle and their finger was up inside of their nose? Yes, unfortunately

~ What coin do you think is the coolest: The Canadian Toonie

~ Do you ever at all...eat sliced 'white bread'? You know what I mean...that Wonder Bread type of crap? No, not since the 1960s

~ Do 'acronyms' annoy you sometimes? Yes

~ Do you literally have 'freedom of speech', right here and right now? Not really

~ Have you ever been to eat at an eatery that is on the waterfront? Often, since I work on the waterfront

~ Would you like some white or yellow tortilla chips with salsa and/or nacho cheese? Anything else with that? Sure, and add some guacamole please!

~ 3 days ago an awesome iguana came to my home to eat its leaves and flowers. Yesterday she was back here, doing the same. It weighs a good 2 or 3 pounds. Have you ever tried being vegetarian and do you think you can be a vegetarian and still gain weight? No, and no.

~ What do you think the highest location is in your town/city? Our house is at the highest point, about 600' elevation.

~ 3 delicious drinks: Peach Nectar, Sarsaparilla, Chocolate Milk

Old 07-13-2018, 07:30 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,875,152 times
~ Have you ever heard an 'echo'? I know I have, but couldn't say where or when.

~ Concerning 'echos', do you think that, if you sat in a chair (or stood) located where the soundwaves were bouncing off of wherever...that the soundwaves would be louder than when on its path to that reflecting point? No, wait..... too much thinking when I haven't been awake long.

~ Have you ever seen some driving their vehicle and their finger was up inside of their nose? Ha, yes.

~ What coin do you think is the coolest: Most familiar with US coins of course, so I'll say the state quarters.

~ Do you ever at all...eat sliced 'white bread'? You know what I mean...that Wonder Bread type of crap? Not now, but my mother liked it so have in the past.

~ Do 'acronyms' annoy you sometimes? Does when people assume you know what they're talking about.

~ Do you literally have 'freedom of speech', right here and right now? Becoming less so.

~ Have you ever been to eat at an eatery that is on the waterfront? Have on Cape Cod and in Maine

~ Would you like some white or yellow tortilla chips with salsa and/or nacho cheese? Anything else with that? Later today, maybe.

~ 3 days ago an awesome iguana came to my home to eat its leaves and flowers. Yesterday she was back here, doing the same. It weighs a good 2 or 3 pounds. Have you ever tried being vegetarian and do you think you can be a vegetarian and still gain weight? I could be a vegetarian. Doubtful that I'd gain weight.

~ What do you think the highest location is in your town/city? I know it's a mountain, more like a hill, that can be seen from my living room windows. 1,490'

~ 3 delicious drinks: Cold chai, mulled cider, ice water with mint

~ It is Fryday; may today and the weekend and the future be peaceful. Spread some love! Peaceful sounds good. Thanks, roosty & same to you!

Old 07-13-2018, 07:32 AM

44,417 posts, read 20,177,379 times
~ Have you ever heard an 'echo'? Yes. Yes.

~ Concerning 'echos', do you think that, if you sat in a chair (or stood) located where the soundwaves were bouncing off of wherever...that the soundwaves would be louder than when on its path to that reflecting point? Gee, I don't know! I think it would be quieter, but now that you've asked...... perhaps not.

~ Have you ever seen some driving their vehicle and their finger was up inside of their nose? Sure have; especially at stop lights. Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode wherein Jerry was just scratching the side of his nose. "It wasn't a pick!"

~ What coin do you think is the coolest: In U.S. coins, the buffalo nickel. In Canadian coins, the 5-cent two-tones beaver coin.

~ Do you ever at all...eat sliced 'white bread'? You know what I mean...that Wonder Bread type of crap? Nope.

~ Do 'acronyms' annoy you sometimes? Occasionally.

~ Do you literally have 'freedom of speech', right here and right now? Here on City-Data? Not quite, as certain language isn't permitted. Sometimes I have to button my lip.

~ Have you ever been to eat at an eatery that is on the waterfront? Yepper; many times in many different locations when I travel. Also in a few places closer to home. There's a restaurant on a river bank about 45 minutes SW of my home and I've eaten there several times, though not in the past few years. It's a lovely view.

~ Would you like some white or yellow tortilla chips with salsa and/or nacho cheese? Mmmmmm. Sure! I love both white and yellow tortilla chips and like both salsa and cheese. Anything else with that? Yep. Sour cream, please.

~ 3 days ago an awesome iguana came to my home to eat its leaves and flowers. Yesterday she was back here, doing the same. It weighs a good 2 or 3 pounds. Have you ever tried being vegetarian and do you think you can be a vegetarian and still gain weight? I've never tried a vegetarian diet because I'm simply not interested in it. I love meats! I suppose one can gain weight from a vegetarian diet if they ate enough high-carb veggies such as beans and corn.

~ What do you think the highest location is in your town/city? It's fairly flat in these parts, but there are some big hills in one portion of my town. Until several years ago, they were used as a small ski venue. There's even a chair lift there. Seems really out of place for NW IN! I'm not sure what the elevation of the highest hill is. In the city immediately north of mine, there are huge sand dunes on the south shore of Lake Michigan. One is named "Mt. Baldy." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Baldy_(sand_dune)

Here's a photo I took of Mt. Baldy several years ago. It was overcast and raining at the time. Not a great quality photo, but it gives you an idea of the dune's motion. The dune doesn't look very big in this photo, but it is over 125 feet high! The trees you see used to be fully exposed; now they are half buried. Eventually, they will be completely buried in sand, preserved forever. Hundreds of trees are buried under Mt. Baldy and other sand dunes in the area.

~ 3 delicious drinks: Water; cabernet sauvignon, bloody mary with Absolut vodka.

~ It is Fryday; may today and the weekend and the future be peaceful. Spread some love! Thanks a whole heap, roosty! Have a fantastic Fryday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-13-2018 at 07:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics