Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 08:12 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,026,498 times

Advertisements

Howdy folks. After much soul searching trying to come up with some worthy questions I remembered that I had sold my soul for some stinky cheese. So you are stuck with these questions.

Sunday's Questions:

Let's go shopping:

-When grocery shopping do you start at one end of the store and work your way to the other end or do you wander back and forth?

-If you only need a little bit of something but the jumbo sized package is on sale do you buy just what you need or buy the jumbo sized package?

-If you decide you no longer want to buy something already in your shopping cart do you put it back on the shelf where you got it or do you just ditch it anywhere?

Storage time:

-Do you or have ever rented a storage unit?

If I was to snoop around your kitchen would I find...
-Every piece of Tupperware ever made.
-A fairly awesome selection of Tupperware.
-Some Tupperware.
-A kitchen void of any Tupperware.
-Someone wondering what I was doing snooping in their kitchen.

-Do you save used food jars for storing non-food items?

Wishful thinking:

-Have you ever tossed coins in a wishing well?

-Ever made a wish after seeing the first star of the night?

-Do you wish you had found something better to do than answer these questions?

If you think the above questions were crappy just wait until you see the next questions:

-One ply or two ply toilet paper?

-Have you ever bought a mega-sized roll of toilet paper only to find it won't fit on the toilet paper holder?

Disclaimer:

The above questions were made up by Alaskan Mutt at the last minute. Any resemblance to real questions, past or present, is purely coincidental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 08:29 PM

126,421 posts, read 19,174,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Howdy folks. After much soul searching trying to come up with some worthy questions I remembered that I had sold my soul for some stinky cheese. So you are stuck with these questions.

Sunday's Questions:

Let's go shopping:

-When grocery shopping do you start at one end of the store and work your way to the other end or do you wander back and forth?.............
I always start at the fruit and vegetable section and end up at the dairy aisle.I skip the junk food aisles.Sometimes I go in the sections where I can find jam or coffee/tea or oats.

-If you only need a little bit of something but the jumbo sized package is on sale do you buy just what you need or buy the jumbo sized package?.......
I always shop with a list and always prefer a smaller package.Food stays fresher that way, pending what it is.

-If you decide you no longer want to buy something already in your shopping cart do you put it back on the shelf where you got it or do you just ditch it anywhere?.......
I put it back where it belongs

Storage time:

-Do you or have ever rented a storage unit?......No

-Every piece of Tupperware ever made
-A fairly awesome selection of Tupperware...........I got a good sized collection
-Some Tupperware.

-Do you save used food jars for storing non-food items?........Not really

Wishful thinking:

-Have you ever tossed coins in a wishing well?.......Yes

-Ever made a wish after seeing the first star of the night?.........Yes

-Do you wish you had found something better to do than answer these questions?........
No I am quite happy to finish off these questions before hitting the feathers in a while

If you think the above questions were crappy just wait until you see the next questions:

-One ply or two ply toilet paper?.........2 ply

-Have you ever bought a mega-sized roll of toilet paper only to find it won't fit on the toilet paper holder?........I don't think so

Disclaimer:

The above questions were made up by Alaskan Mutt at the last minute. Any resemblance to real questions, past or present, is purely coincidental.

THANK YOU Alaskan Mutt and good night

Old 09-29-2018, 08:56 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,051,859 times

Sunday's Questions:

Let's go shopping:

-When grocery shopping do you start at one end of the store and work your way to the other end or do you wander back and forth?
I start at one end and work my way toward the other end. Unfortunately, my wife starts at one end and meanders back and forth retracing steps and backtracking for this and that she missed or forgot.
-If you only need a little bit of something but the jumbo sized package is on sale do you buy just what you need or buy the jumbo sized package?
That would depend on at least two or more things....savings and usage.
-If you decide you no longer want to buy something already in your shopping cart do you put it back on the shelf where you got it or do you just ditch it anywhere?
Ditch it, sometimes ...but not if perishable item. I do usually try to return where I got it if not too far away. I'm already trying to keep up with the wandering wife remember? Here in Texas you find half eaten foods and fully eaten foods and drinks stashed here and there. Yep, it's the work of the uninvited.

Storage time:

-Some Tupperware. It's possible there's a remnant somewhere.
Oh crap watch out for the doggggg! Down boy!
I have but finally unloaded them on farmer Jones.

Wishful thinking:

Don't think I've ever noticed the first star.
Yes, but never seems to be this time of night. LOL

Just the one that involved my dog.
Doesn't matter it just takes more wraps. Has to be strong and soft though.
-Have you ever bought a mega-sized roll of toilet paper only to find it won't fit on the toilet paper holder?
Sure, but knew it wouldn't fit.

Disclaimer:

What a coincidence all my answers were made up on the spot.
Thanks Al great job!

Last edited by SATX56; 09-29-2018 at 09:22 PM..

Old 09-29-2018, 09:33 PM
bjh

60,301 posts, read 30,532,756 times
Sunday's Questions:

Let's go shopping:
If you insist

I don't go down every aisle, but usually walk past each one in case there's something else needed.
Maybe. It depends on what it is and how perishable the product is. Will it spoil before it's used? If so, it's no bargain.
Most of the time I put it back where I got it. Occasionally I ditch, but will always put away a refrigerated or frozen product.

Storage time:

Dejavu? No. I consider it a waste of money to rent a closet/garage space, but have all needed space so . . .

-Some Tupperware.
-Someone wondering what I was doing snooping in their kitchen. Better a mutt than a rat.

Nope.

Wishful thinking:

A few times.
As a kid, maybe.
And miss this tradition?

Either.
Ha-ha. No.

Disclaimer:

The above questions were made up by Alaskan Mutt at the last minute.
Any resemblance to real questions, past or present, is purely coincidental.
Suppose now you'll have to go in the witness protection program.
Drop us a line wherever you land. No return address, of course.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:36 PM

15,443 posts, read 21,431,231 times
Sunday's Questions:

Let's go shopping:

-When grocery shopping do you start at one end of the store and work your way to the other end or do you wander back and forth? I start at the produce end and work my way back to the frozen food where the last items go into insulated bags for the 40 mile trip home.

-If you only need a little bit of something but the jumbo sized package is on sale do you buy just what you need or buy the jumbo sized package? Not this time. I decided to use my very seldom used Costco card last week. Nothing in that store is small-sized. I think I have enough Cheerios to feed an army. Luckily I brought a small freezer back with me from Albuquerque two weeks ago so now have two freezers at the farm.

-If you decide you no longer want to buy something already in your shopping cart do you put it back on the shelf where you got it or do you just ditch it anywhere? I always put things back where I found them in the grocery store. In fact, I've been known to walk back and take other people's stuff back especially if it is a refrigerated or frozen item I see laying on a dry stock shelf and it's still cold or frozen.

Storage time:

-Do you or have ever rented a storage unit? Nope but I've been to a few storage unit sales.

-Some Tupperware.

-Do you save used food jars for storing non-food items? Not usually but I have.

Wishful thinking:

-Have you ever tossed coins in a wishing well? Yes but I can't remember where it was.

-Ever made a wish after seeing the first star of the night? Yep.

-Do you wish you had found something better to do than answer these questions? Nah. I'm now headed to the bedroom after this.

-Have you ever bought a mega-sized roll of toilet paper only to find it won't fit on the toilet paper holder? Yes. What is with these home builders who install such small toilet paper dispensers? Don't they know toilet paper makers blow air into their rolls to make them look "puffier" and larger?

Disclaimer:

Great questions Mutt. I like the one about the toilet rolls myself.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:39 PM

21,643 posts, read 8,797,885 times
Sunday's Questions:

Let's go shopping:

If it's a store with a layout that I am familiar with, I will start at one end and work my way across. If it's a store I am unfamiliar with, I will do a lot more wandering.
It depends on the cost and freshness factor. If the jumbo size is expensive and the item is perishable, I will only buy what I need. If the item will keep well and it's not expensive, I will buy the large size.
I put it back. I even reshelve random items I find that are out of place, especially if they're perishable.

Storage time:

Yes, when Mr. Bay and I were first married I moved into his tiny apartment and put my things in storage until we found a larger place.

You would find some Tupperware that belonged to my mom and dates back to the 1950s. Most of my plastic containers are other brands, though.

Not too awesome, but there are a few items I use regularly.

-Some Tupperware.
That sounds about right.

Never.

Yes, I do that a lot. We use empty jam jars to trap spiders and other insects that come inside the house. Mr. Bay catches the intruder. Then he has to show me the jar, ostensibly so I can admire his hunting prowess but really just to watch me recoil in horror. Then he takes the creature outside and sets it free.

Wishful thinking:

Yes, I've done that. Never more than a penny, though.
Yes. It doesn't work.
Oh, there's nothing I'd rather be doing than to answer QOTDs that I didn't have to write.

Two. I don't really care one way or the other, but Mr. Bay does.
I think that may have happened to me once.

Thanks, Mr. Mutt!

Old 09-29-2018, 09:46 PM

24,782 posts, read 28,633,021 times
Howdy folks. After much soul searching trying to come up with some worthy questions I remembered that I had sold my soul for some stinky cheese. So you are stuck with these questions. As in brie cheese

Sunday's Questions:

Let's go shopping:

-When grocery shopping do you start at one end of the store and work your way to the other end or do you wander back and forth? Wander and drool... wander and drool... act confused

-If you only need a little bit of something but the jumbo sized package is on sale do you buy just what you need or buy the jumbo sized package? Don't buy anything JUMBO.. except metal polish

-If you decide you no longer want to buy something already in your shopping cart do you put it back on the shelf where you got it or do you just ditch it anywhere? .. Being a responsible person.. I give it to the check out clerk...

Storage time:

-Do you or have ever rented a storage unit? O yes...

-Some Tupperware.
I have Tupperware so old it's made of stone... and if your in Orlando FL. Stop at the Tupperware Museum and Factory for a great tour..

-Do you save used food jars for storing non-food items? Just plastic tubs for all my road finds..

Wishful thinking:

-Have you ever tossed coins in a wishing well? Why yes... all those from south of the border..

-Ever made a wish after seeing the first star of the night? I gave up many many many years ago.. I am not like Pinocchio... I am made of Tin

-Do you wish you had found something better to do than answer these questions? No not really.. it's Brain Floss … with a knot or two

-One ply or two ply toilet paper? Cheap.. fold and fold and fold till you get a big wad.. then

-Have you ever bought a mega-sized roll of toilet paper only to find it won't fit on the toilet paper holder? That's why it sits on the counter.. in the old days of the out house people used a old coffee can for their TP kept them dry and bug free..

Disclaimer:

Thanks A. Mutt ……………… Have a great week... and don't let the TP touch the wall.. over the top only

Old 09-29-2018, 10:07 PM

11,415 posts, read 9,342,280 times
Sunday's Questions:

Let's go shopping:

- No wandering...

-If you only need a little bit of something but the jumbo sized package is on sale do you buy just what you need or buy the jumbo sized package? - Sometimes I buy a large size package...

-If you decide you no longer want to buy something already in your shopping cart do you put it back on the shelf where you got it or do you just ditch it anywhere? - I'll go back and put it away.

Storage time:

- No

-Some Tupperware.
- Maybe not the brand but I have more than enough of similar.
- Ha, ha.

-Do you save used food jars for storing non-food items? - Nope

Wishful thinking:

- Possibly as a kid

-Ever made a wish after seeing the first star of the night? - Never did that

-Do you wish you had found something better to do than answer these questions? - Ha! I'm in a good mood tonight. It's all good. I enjoy your Questions.

- Two

Thanks, Mutt!

Old 09-29-2018, 11:26 PM

44,702 posts, read 61,882,008 times
Let's go shopping:

-When grocery shopping do you start at one end of the store and work your way to the other end or do you wander back and forth? Usually one end to the other unless I forgot something and need to go back.

-If you only need a little bit of something but the jumbo sized package is on sale do you buy just what you need or buy the jumbo sized package? Depends on item or future need/use.

-If you decide you no longer want to buy something already in your shopping cart do you put it back on the shelf where you got it or do you just ditch it anywhere? Put back or leave with cashier.

Storage time:

-Do you or have ever rented a storage unit? No.

-Every piece of Tupperware ever made. No.
-A fairly awesome selection of Tupperware. No.
-Some Tupperware. This.
-Someone wondering what I was doing snooping in their kitchen. Yes.

-Do you save used food jars for storing non-food items? Yes, nuts and bolts and other stuff.

Wishful thinking:

-Have you ever tossed coins in a wishing well? As a kid.

-Ever made a wish after seeing the first star of the night? As a kid.

-One ply or two ply toilet paper? 2

-Have you ever bought a mega-sized roll of toilet paper only to find it won't fit on the toilet paper holder? Not yet.

Disclaimer:

Thanx Mutt, here's to a happy weekend...

Old 09-29-2018, 11:41 PM

3,094 posts, read 1,700,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Sunday's Questions:

Let's go shopping:

-When grocery shopping do you start at one end of the store and work your way to the other end or do you wander back and forth? I usually start at one end but usually end up wandering back for something I missed on the list.

-If you only need a little bit of something but the jumbo sized package is on sale do you buy just what you need or buy the jumbo sized package? Much depends on how I'm traveling. If I used mass transit I'd likely opt for the smaller package. Otherwise, take the jumbo if it's something I'll use up.

-If you decide you no longer want to buy something already in your shopping cart do you put it back on the shelf where you got it or do you just ditch it anywhere? I've done both. Usually I restock it in its proper place.

Storage time:

-Do you or have ever rented a storage unit? Yes but it was my husband that rented one for a while.

-Some Tupperware.

-Do you save used food jars for storing non-food items? Nah. I recycle them.

Wishful thinking:

-Have you ever tossed coins in a wishing well? Yes

-Ever made a wish after seeing the first star of the night? Don't think so.

-Do you wish you had found something better to do than answer these questions? Not really.

-One ply or two ply toilet paper? They cost a little more but last a LOT longer.

-Have you ever bought a mega-sized roll of toilet paper only to find it won't fit on the toilet paper holder? Nope

Disclaimer:

Thanks, Alaskan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics