Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 07:36 PM

37,833 posts, read 41,178,545 times

Advertisements

Useless facts to impress your friends and relatives: Did you know an ant always fall over on its right side when it's intoxicated? That during your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill 2 swimming pools? That a cockroach will live 9 days without its head before it starves to death? Now on with the questions...

1) It seems to me that in the old days, we got more shots from the doctor in places on our body that wasn't in one of our arms. Where is the last place you got a shot (from some medical professional or yourself) that wasn't in one of your arms?

2) Do you know anyone personally who was killed by a force of nature? (Examples: tornado, hurricane, fire, flooding, avalanche, earthquake, mudslide, etc.)
If yes, please name the force of nature.

3) Do you know anyone who divorced a spouse and then remarried that same person again?
If yes, how did the marriage work out the second time? In other words are they still married or did they divorce again?

4) With the total of the 3 below, adding up to 100 percent of your fast food place visits, approximately:

What percent of the time do you eat inside the fast food restaurant?
What percent of the time do you go to the drive-through window?
I never go to fast food restaurants.

5) Based on feelings, not facts/data, do you think that people who live in cities are less likely to use drive-throughs than suburban or rural people?

6) Name the type of places, other than fast food restaurants, where you personally use the drive-through rather than go inside the building?

FILL IN THE BLANKS

7) My feet hurt when I _________________________________.

8) When I'm too tired to cook dinner, I eat _________________________________________.

9) Bill _______________________.

10) __________________ worm.

11) Joan _________________________ .

12) _______________________ brothers.

13) Let's see if you can name 5 - 10 songs with a type of animal, bird, fish, insect, reptile, amphibian in the title but only name the type of animal, bird, fish, insect, reptile, amphibian once. Feel free to post a YouTube link to the song you like best on your list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 07:46 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,918,868 times
Useless facts to impress your friends and relatives: Did you know an ant always fall over on its right side when it's intoxicated? That during your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill 2 swimming pools? That a cockroach will live 9 days without its head before it starves to death? Now on with the questions...

1) It seems to me that in the old days, we got more shots from the doctor in places on our body that wasn't in one of our arms. Where is the last place you got a shot (from some medical professional or yourself) that wasn't in one of your arms? Left Shoulder

2) Do you know anyone personally who was killed by a force of nature? (Examples: tornado, hurricane, fire, flooding, avalanche, earthquake, mudslide, etc.)
If yes, please name the force of nature. No

3) Do you know anyone who divorced a spouse and then remarried that same person again? Yes
If yes, how did the marriage work out the second time? In other words are they still married or did they divorce again? Stayed Married

4) With the total of the 3 below, adding up to 100 percent of your fast food place visits, approximately:

What percent of the time do you eat inside the fast food restaurant? 0
What percent of the time do you go to the drive-through window? 100%

5) Based on feelings, not facts/data, do you think that people who live in cities are less likely to use drive-throughs than suburban or rural people?

6) Name the type of places, other than fast food restaurants, where you personally use the drive-through rather than go inside the building? Bank

FILL IN THE BLANKS

7) My feet hurt when I Walk a mile

8) When I'm too tired to cook dinner, I eat Junk Food

9) Bill Carter

10) Earth worm.

11) Joan Rivers .

12) Marx brothers.

13) Let's see if you can name 5 - 10 songs with a type of animal, bird, fish, insect, reptile, amphibian in the title but only name the type of animal, bird, fish, insect, reptile, amphibian once. Feel free to post a YouTube link to the song you like best on your list.

One the wings of a snow white dove
Skeeters are a humming on the honeysuckle vine
May the bird of paradise fly up your nose.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:52 PM

4,719 posts, read 3,294,702 times

1) It seems to me that in the old days, we got more shots from the doctor in places on our body that wasn't in one of our arms. Where is the last place you got a shot (from some medical professional or yourself) that wasn't in one of your arms?..............It’s been a long time since I’ve had any kind of shot other than a flu shot.

2) Do you know anyone personally who was killed by a force of nature? (Examples: tornado, hurricane, fire, flooding, avalanche, earthquake, mudslide, etc.)........Thankfully I do not.

3) Do you know anyone who divorced a spouse and then remarried that same person again?
If yes, how did the marriage work out the second time? In other words are they still married or did they divorce again?...........Yes, it didn’t work any better than the first time.

What percent of the time do you go to the drive-through window?.................25% for a drink only.
I never go to fast food restaurants...............75% I don’t eat fast food.

5) Based on feelings, not facts/data, do you think that people who live in cities are less likely to use drive-throughs than suburban or rural people?............I think it would be less for city people because many of them use alternative transportation. Rural people always drive since there’s little or no public transportation.

6) Name the type of places, other than fast food restaurants, where you personally use the drive-through rather than go inside the building?............I often the drive up at the bank.

FILL IN THE BLANKS

7) My feet hurt when I __________wear heels_______________________.

8) When I'm too tired to cook dinner, I eat _________cereal________________________________.

9) Bill _________auto pay______________.

10) ______Earth____________ worm.

11) Joan _____of Ark____________________ .

12) _______Wright________________ brothers.

13) Let's see if you can name 5 - 10 songs with a type of animal, bird, fish, insect, reptile, amphibian in the title but only name the type of animal, bird, fish, insect, reptile, amphibian once. Feel free to post a YouTube link to the song you like best on your list...........

Old 01-03-2020, 08:40 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,096,570 times

1) It seems to me that in the old days, we got more shots from the doctor in places on our body that wasn't in one of our arms. Where is the last place you got a shot (from some medical professional or yourself) that wasn't in one of your arms?
Nurses at a hospital.

Yes, in the Hurricane Dorian that hit the Bahamas I lost a cousin and his wife.

If yes, how did the marriage work out the second time? In other words are they still married or did they divorce again?
Nope!

What percent of the time do you eat inside the fast food restaurant? 20%
What percent of the time do you go to the drive-through window? 80%
I never go to fast food restaurants. 0%

No clue. But if they're from out of town and not familiar with the neighborhood they might want to use the drive thru.

6) Name the type of places, other than fast food restaurants, where you personally use the drive-through rather than go inside the building?
Pharmacy, bank, .....

FILL IN THE BLANKS

7) My feet hurt when I ______Walk a lot or stand too long.___________________________.

8) When I'm too tired to cook dinner, I eat ___________Whatever I can find that's easy to make.______________________________.

9) Bill _______Murray________________.

10) _______Earth___________ worm.

11) Joan ________Baez_________________ .

12) ____Gatlin___________________ brothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vudA72hibg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPhCnvhi8Wk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEjg...S7pqW1TTXt2kuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIYg...aTGJpHsA6ZeBPl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSwL9deXNW8
Thanks Laura!

Old 01-03-2020, 08:43 PM

21,676 posts, read 8,819,807 times
That's an interesting question. My first thought was the numbing shots given by the dentist last summer before a procedure. If dentist injections don't count, then it would have to be the time I got a shot in my heel from the podiatrist to treat my plantar fasciitis, about eight years ago.

No, I don't know anyone who died in a natural disaster.

No, but my father divorced my stepmother, married and divorced someone else, then went back to my stepmother. They stayed together for the rest of his life but didn't remarry.

I never go to fast food restaurants. 100%

Yes, because there aren't that many drive-throughs in the city.

We don't have any that I know of.

FILL IN THE BLANKS

7) My feet hurt when I spend too much time in flats.

8) When I'm too tired to cook dinner, I eat soup and a sandwich.
9) Bill O'Hare (my first boyfriend).

10) Book worm.

11) Joan Crawford .

12) Righteous brothers.

13) Let's see if you can name 5 - 10 songs with a type of animal, bird, fish, insect, reptile, amphibian in the title but only name the type of animal, bird, fish, insect, reptile, amphibian once. Feel free to post a YouTube link to the song you like best on your list.[/quote]

Mockingbird
Tiger
Roadrunner

Lion
Cobra

Old 01-03-2020, 09:15 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,648,269 times

Last "non-arm" shot was my butt back in high school

2) Do you know anyone personally who was killed by a force of nature? (Examples: tornado, hurricane, fire, flooding, avalanche, earthquake, mudslide, etc.) Thankfully, no.

3) Do you know anyone who divorced a spouse and then remarried that same person again? Yup
First marriage lasted 2 years. Got back together after about a year and a half and celebrated their 25th a couple years ago

What percent of the time do you eat inside the fast food restaurant? 0
What percent of the time do you go to the drive-through window? 0
You forgot one choice. I go in and get my stuff carry out instead of sitting in the drive through line. I can get my stuff and be gone quicker

5) Based on feelings, not facts/data, do you think that people who live in cities are less likely to use drive-throughs than suburban or rural people? I'd say city folks

6) Name the type of places, other than fast food restaurants, where you personally use the drive-through rather than go inside the building? Bank

FILL IN THE BLANKS

7) My feet hurt when I stand up too long.

8) When I'm too tired to cook dinner, I eat carry out or microwave.

9) Bill Cody. (Buffalo Bill)

10) Fishing worm.

11) Joan of Arc .

12) The Smothers brothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=safoNysTrbE

This is one of my favorites. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0abfTrxjX-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQlByoPdG6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEHBTjIYejE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTbBvPoxUkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGTXtxIU2CU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaqTuLQThsY

Last edited by kygman; 01-03-2020 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: Thought of another funny animal song

Old 01-03-2020, 11:57 PM

44,722 posts, read 61,951,002 times
1) It seems to me that in the old days, we got more shots from the doctor in places on our body that wasn't in one of our arms. Where is the last place you got a shot (from some medical professional or yourself) that wasn't in one of your arms? Lower back disks.

2) Do you know anyone personally who was killed by a force of nature? (Examples: tornado, hurricane, fire, flooding, avalanche, earthquake, mudslide, etc.) None.

3) Do you know anyone who divorced a spouse and then remarried that same person again? Yes.
If yes, how did the marriage work out the second time? Yes, a BIL.
In other words are they still married or did they divorce again? Married, total of 54 years.

What percent of the time do you eat inside the fast food restaurant? 100%, always eat inside, I like to see how my food is handled.
What percent of the time do you go to the drive-through window? 0

5) Based on feelings, not facts/data, do you think that people who live in cities are less likely to use drive-through than suburban or rural people? Rural.

6) Name the type of places, other than fast food restaurants, where you personally use the drive-through rather than go inside the building? Sometimes a bank.

FILL IN THE BLANKS

7) My feet hurt when I stand on them..

8) When I'm too tired to cook dinner, I go out to a restaurant.

9) Bill & Coo._.

10)Inch worm.

11) Joan de' Arc .

12) Smother's brothers.

1-Grandma got run over by a reindeer.
2-The Chicken in Black.
3-Alligator Pie
4-Shake me like a monkey.
5-March of the crabs.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:21 AM

5,919 posts, read 3,829,558 times
I just want to know who's going around getting ants drunk

many years ago, I think it was steroids and then pain medication

not anyone personally but there was a girl from my neighborhood when I was growing up that was killed in a fire.

I don't know of anyone personally who did this but those that I heard about, the second time around didn't work out either.

About 20%
80%
I don't go very often, not good for the waistline

In large cities I would imagine they could walk to most everything available in their neighborhood so no drive-thru necessary. But I've never lived in a big city so not sure about that.

dry cleaners, that's about it and that's rare

FILL IN THE BLANKS

7) My feet hurt when I __stand in one place for too long_______________________________.

8) When I'm too tired to cook dinner, I eat _____Either Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones frozen dinners____________________________________.

9) Bill __Pullman_____________________.

10) _gummi_________________ worm.

11) Joan ___of Arc______________________ .

12) ___Property____________________ brothers.

13) Let's see if you can name 5 - 10 songs with a type of animal, bird, fish, insect, reptile, amphibian in the title but only name the type of animal, bird, fish, insect, reptile, amphibian once. Feel free to post a YouTube link to the song you like best on your list.[/quote]
Songbird by Fleetwood Mac, A Horse with No Name by America, Fireflies by Owl City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psuRGfAaju4

Thanks Laura!

Old 01-04-2020, 03:44 AM

11,427 posts, read 9,358,073 times
1) It seems to me that in the old days, we got more shots from the doctor in places on our body that wasn't in one of our arms. Where is the last place you got a shot (from some medical professional or yourself) that wasn't in one of your arms? - I remember about 30 years ago I stepped in a hole during a softball practice and tore up my knee. A doctor gave me a shot there that may have been the most pain I ever experienced.

- Don't

- Nope

- This one, typical fast food that is.

I will get a slice of pizza at times or go to one of these carry-out places (only vegetables) here.
Always eat there. I have not been through a drive through window in more than 30 years,

5) Based on feelings, not facts/data, do you think that people who live in cities are less likely to use drive-throughs than suburban or rural people? - They seem to be popular in the Baltimore / Washington, DC and suburbs of both areas.

I never lived in a rural area.

6) Name the type of places, other than fast food restaurants, where you personally use the drive-through rather than go inside the building? - Mentioned above, none.

FILL IN THE BLANKS

7) My feet hurt when I _________________________________.
No answer because my feet never hurt. I'm on them now a good portion of the day...

8) When I'm too tired to cook dinner, I eat from the food bar at Harris Teeter.

9) Bill Wyman

10) The early bird gets the worm.

11) Joan Jett

12) Allman brothers.

Hummingbird - Seals & Crofts
Dog Bite - Dead Kennedys
Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller Band
Year Of The Cat - Al Stewart
Monkey Man - Rolling Stones
Apeman - The Kinks
Tiger Nights - The Bongos
Snake Charmer - Richie Blacknore's Rainbow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tny7ZJAE0aM

Thanks, Laura!

Last edited by John13; 01-04-2020 at 03:53 AM..

Old 01-04-2020, 04:12 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,875,514 times
Useless facts to impress your friends and relatives: Did you know an ant always fall over on its right side when it's intoxicated? That during your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill 2 swimming pools? That a cockroach will live 9 days without its head before it starves to death? Now on with the questions... Ew..... Especially the last one.

1) It seems to me that in the old days, we got more shots from the doctor in places on our body that wasn't in one of our arms. Where is the last place you got a shot (from some medical professional or yourself) that wasn't in one of your arms? In my mouth

If yes, please name the force of nature. Not personally, no.

3) Do you know anyone who divorced a spouse and then remarried that same person again? I know two couples who did this.
If yes, how did the marriage work out the second time? In other words are they still married or did they divorce again? Both couples have now been married for more than twenty years.

I never go to fast food restaurants. 100%

5) Based on feelings, not facts/data, do you think that people who live in cities are less likely to use drive-throughs than suburban or rural people? Probably

FILL IN THE BLANKS

7) My feet hurt when I stand in one place too long.

8) When I'm too tired to cook dinner, I eat eggs.

9) Bill of Rights

10) wiggle worm.

11) Joan Baez

12) Wright brothers.

White Rabbit

Last edited by kpinvt; 01-04-2020 at 04:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics