Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 04:18 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,640,498 times

Advertisements

I used to go bowling all the time in my younger days...kept me outta trouble

These days all my 'bowling' is done on my TV via the Wii game console
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 05:35 PM

27,376 posts, read 27,423,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Oh come on Livewire, that bowling ball is not going to do you any good just sitting somewhere... I bet the next time you see it, you're gonna hear it's little voice telling you "Please take me to a bowling alley!"

I highly doubt it. If it did, Id wrap it back up and put it back in the bag and stuff it in a closet. Again.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:46 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,891,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I highly doubt it. If it did, Id wrap it back up and put it back in the bag and stuff it in a closet. Again.
LOL.. oh don't do that to the poor bowling ball!

Old 05-18-2008, 09:42 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,683,773 times
I bowled years ago, when I had a good back. I had bowling balls all over the house. I bought one of those vacuum cleaners that "picks up 16 lb bowling balls". I think it saved my marriage. No more tripping on bowling balls when going to raid the refrigerator in the middle of the night.

Last edited by studedude; 05-18-2008 at 10:46 PM..

Old 05-18-2008, 09:49 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,662,426 times
My first bowling experience was right beside the roller skating rink where I fell so many times my mother commented that my hip looked like a map of Scotland. It was not a good night. First time I tried to throw the ball it slipped out of my hand on the back swing. My sister laughed at me and I would not pick up another ball.

Years later a friend called me to let me know that North 29 lanes in Charlotte was having free bowling lessons and would furnish free babysitting. Can't ask for better than that. We went together with another friend that was an experienced bowler and had been on leagues before.

After the lessons, we formed a Mother's Morning Out League with a split season and a handicap. One of my neighbors was on the team that won the first season. Our team won the second season because we had never bowled before and had great handicaps. So we went for the season bowl-off. Their team was expected to win because they had a higher averages, but we forged ahead. It was election year and my neighbor on the other team tried to upset me by making some really rude remarks about the person she thought I was to vote for. Bad choice on her part. I get tough when the going gets rough. I bowled a 208 that day and we won the tournament and got the first place trophy. My average was about 120. It was my only 200+ game in my life.

I had a pretty 10 lb. blue marble ball; red, white, and blue bowling shoes; and a red and white bag. I gave the ball and bag to a single mom who wanted to be on a bowling league and could not afford to buy one. My ball fit her hands and I just didn't use it anymore. I haven't been bowling in years. My shoes are hanging on my shoe rack.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:07 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,440,128 times
Todays Question Subject :

Bowling !!!!!!

Have you ever gone?
I went when I was younger.

When was the last time ?
Maybe 6 or 7 years ago. I was about 10 years old and my dad (who was carrying my bowling ball) dropped it on his foot accidently. When we left, we were going to take a bus back to my grandparents house, but I wouldn't get on the bus because my dad had told me earlier about when he was going to college, he saw someone get beaten up on the bus so I was scared of the bus. To make a long story short, we ended walking all the way back to grandma's. She lived about 5 miles or 40 blocks away! My dad was mad at me for the rest of the day and I don't bring it up anymore because he still can't get over it.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:53 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,382,157 times
I bowled at Don Carters in Ft Lauderdale quite a bit, still have our balls and bags in the closet, we tried bowling here but the lanes are in rough shape. I'm sure when we move back to Fla we will pick it up again.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:25 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,891,382 times
I'll be spending more time at my favorite AMF Bowling alley in the summer, since my favorite shooting range is now on their summer hours.. They close at 1:00 PM now on Sundays. They also have night hours during the week, with strong lights that are supposedly as bright as daylight, but I'm not too thrilled about going at night on weekdays.

Oh well, I guess I'll get plenty of practice in bowling during the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics