Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 05:10 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,152,634 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far.
I have really been enjoying the theme of the last few questions.
Like others have said it brings back some great memories along with some chuckles
So I hope you are enjoying them as much because, as you guess it we are continuing as we explore

Todays Question Subject :

Bowling !!!!!!

Have you ever gone?

When was the last time ?

Do you have a bowling ball tucked away somewhere in your house ?

I have to leave in 10 mins to meet friends for breakfast so I will post my "Bowling Experience" when I get back

Today in history:
We have a musical theme
May 18, 1963 "If You Wanna Be Happy" by Jimmy Soul hits #1
May 18,1968 - Tiny Tim’s warbly "Tiptoe through the Tulips" was released. An eventual top twenty hit, "Tiptoe" was a remake of a number one hit for Nick Lucas in 1929. Grab your banjo and sing along. “Ohhhhh, Tiptoe through the Tuuuuulips....
May 18, 1974 "Streak" by Ray Stevens hits #1
May 18, 1985 "One Night In Bangkok" by Murray Head hits #3

Which of these songs will be stuck n your head today

Word of the day:
tirade \TY-raid; tih-RAID\, noun:
A long angry speech; a violent denunciation; a prolonged outburst full of censure or abuse.

Today is:
National Cheese Souffle Day
and
National No Dirty Dishes day
it is also
National Bread Week !!(18-24) woo hoo yay love the carbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 05:24 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,056,810 times
Do you have a bowling ball tucked away somewhere in your house?

I'm having inguinal hernia repair surgery on May 30. I feel like I have a bowling ball tucked away in my ...

Charley

Old 05-18-2008, 05:25 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,874,167 times
Morning Karla and all.

Dang now that "Tiptoe..." song will be stuck in my head with a visual of Tiny Tim-UGH..

Bowling - yes but never very good-the gutter just acted like a magnet for the balls. Last time was 2 years ago when grandson came to visit.

Bread-nothing like good, crusty bread.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:34 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,509,886 times
we went through a period of going bowling every week a few years ago. the last time we went was in 2001! it was fun while it lasted-lol
no bowling ball in the house--we just used thiers

Old 05-18-2008, 05:50 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,543,185 times
Yes I tried to bowl many timesMy all time highest score is 120..I took four of my grandsons bowling one time and they were very impressed that I, Mamaw Bev, could make that ole 8 pounder go straight down center, veer wildly to the left, cruise the gutter , bounce back on the alley and veer sharply to the other gutter and disappear with out disturbing any of those pinsDH used to bowl on the leagues..There are two dusty bowling ball bag and contents in the garage.
PS..."DON'T LOOK, ETHEL!!" Thank you very much, Karla

Old 05-18-2008, 05:51 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,567,886 times
Default Fond memories

My parents were big on bowling back in the early 60's.

There were so many Native Americans in Los Angeles, we had an Indian Bowling League. I remember going to the bowling alley from age 4 up until I left high school. Loved all the sounds of a large bowling alley and running amok with the other kids.

So of course, myself and all the siblings bowled at an early age. I was not very good as a child, and never really pursued it as an adult.

I love that song, "One Night In Bangkok".

I get my kicks above the waistline
a test in cerebral fitness

Old 05-18-2008, 05:57 AM

774 posts, read 1,420,580 times
I use to f%$^I#$ bowl on a league. Best d(*& game 219. But no longer have my F#@%&*(@ bowling ball.

no dirty dishes day! D@#$ sorry folks...ain't F#$%&*^ gonna happen....lol Besides, the D#$% dishes are going to F#$%@#& pile up while I make all that D@#% bread. And try my hand at a $%^&*@# cheese souffle.

Oh, sorry about my Tirade

Old 05-18-2008, 06:36 AM

448 posts, read 1,051,089 times
I was wondering what your deal was.....
Several bowling balls around our house. My kids where in Jr Bowling League in elementary school. We only go about once a year.
No dirty dishes? Does that mean I can't eat?

Old 05-18-2008, 07:00 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,285,926 times
Missmouse, you and I think a lot alike! LOL I was wondering if that meant I couldn't make any dishes dirty too.

Love fresh, hot, crusty bread. We had a grocery store back home that made it right there. and the different flavors! I'd be there first thing in the morning to get a loaf and the guy would tell me it was still too hot to slice for me. Hey, that's half the fun is slicing your own!

Oh, bowling...yes. first Hubby and I would bowl. Once a year in the annual K of C tournament. We had fun. Put down more bottles of beer than bowling pins, tho! Yes, there is a bowling ball and shoes in a bowling bag in the closet. Belongs to DH, tho, and he hasn't used it since he left first wifey. LOL

Enjoy your sunday, all.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:19 AM

27,385 posts, read 27,431,542 times
I have bowled a time or two in my lifetime but bowling isnt really a sport I care much for (or golf). Yes, somewhere in one of three locations in two states I have a bowling ball tucked away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics