Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 07:06 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,027,993 times

Advertisements

Greetings. Got to love the weather here. Started the year with temps well below average. Now we have temps above average. However, this has nothing to do with today's questions, so on to the questions

Saturday's Questions:

-Do you have something you consider a lucky charm?

-Whether by using cash or doing a good deed have you ever intentionally tried to buy some good karma?

-How often does the low fuel warning light come on in your car?

-Do you keep parking meter or toll booth change in your car?

-Do you have a toll pass that lets you go past toll booths without stopping to pay?

-Do you usually eat a hot or a cold meal for lunch?

Well, that is all for now. I bought a new Roku for my TV. Being a guy, I installed it without reading the instructions and then randomly pushed buttons until it started working. Now all I have left to do is either figure out how to change the settings my random button pushing came up with or learn to read Portuguese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 07:20 PM
bjh

60,301 posts, read 30,539,763 times
Saturday's Questions:
Nope. I'm not superstitious.
-Whether by using cash or doing a good deed have you ever intentionally tried to buy some good karma?
No posturing. I do good deeds for their own sake.
Once in a while, maybe two or three times a year.
Don't normally need either. Have less than a dollar in change in my truck.
-Do you have a toll pass that lets you go past toll booths without stopping to pay?
No, but these days some are automatically billed to the vehicle's registration address.
Either. I might have cold leftovers or a hot sandwich.

Well, that is all for now. I bought a new Roku for my TV. Being a guy, I installed it without reading the instructions and then randomly pushed buttons until it started working. Now all I have left to do is either figure out how to change the settings my random button pushing came up with or learn to read Portuguese.
Good luck with that!

Old 01-14-2022, 10:01 PM

11,417 posts, read 9,345,989 times
Saturday's Questions:

-Do you have something you consider a lucky charm? - Nope. I'm not superstitious.

-Whether by using cash or doing a good deed have you ever intentionally tried to buy some good karma? - No

-How often does the low fuel warning light come on in your car?. - Seldom.

-Do you keep parking meter or toll booth change in your car? - Yes, for parking meters.

-Do you have a toll pass that lets you go past toll booths without stopping to pay? -Yes, for a very long time. Most people have them here. One popular toll road does not accept cash nor are there toll collectors.

-Do you usually eat a hot or a cold meal for lunch? -Both equally. Cold will always be a deluxe salad that I put together.

Thanks, Mutt!

Old 01-14-2022, 10:52 PM

62,116 posts, read 87,960,549 times
Greetings. Got to love the weather here. Started the year with temps well below average. Now we have temps above average. However, this has nothing to do with today's questions, so on to the questions

Same here, but at least we had white Christmas

Saturday's Questions:

I like to think so. It's a Cornicello Italian Horn necklace I got from my mom, who got it from her mom. I wear it every day. It didn't fail me, yet.

I don't believe in Karma, but I buy food for homeless. Just because. No intentions.

It happened once or twice. Thankfully I know how far I can drive on reserve

Pay per App.

Yes. For Texas roads.

Hot food.

Hahaha... Talking about Portuguese - after my last Windows 10 update all my settings/commands came in Portuguese. Not sure why. Had to use translator to switch back to English...

Old 01-15-2022, 12:13 AM

44,705 posts, read 61,900,609 times
Saturday's Questions:

-Do you have something you consider a lucky charm? No.

-Whether by using cash or doing a good deed have you ever intentionally tried to buy some good karma? Karma has nothing to do with any good deeds.

-How often does the low fuel warning light come on in your car? Rarely, I usually refill at the 1/4 tank mark.

-Do you keep parking meter or toll booth change in your car? No parking meters in our area.

-Do you have a toll pass that lets you go past toll booths without stopping to pay? No toll roads in our area.

-Do you usually eat a hot or a cold meal for lunch? Mostly cold sandwiches, a hot dish maybe every 3-4 weeks.

Rate this post positively...

Old 01-15-2022, 12:31 AM

7,996 posts, read 5,427,353 times
Good Morning, a chilly 20 degrees here, brrrr....

Saturday's Questions:

-Whether by using cash or doing a good deed have you ever intentionally tried to buy some good karma? I try to do good deeds, it makes one a better person.

-How often does the low fuel warning light come on in your car? Never in the Winter, occassionally when I am traveling a long distance.

-Do you usually eat a hot or a cold meal for lunch? For work I bring a salad, I don't like using the microwave at work. At home, usually hot--a leftover from the night before.

Thanks Mutt.

Stay warm...

Old 01-15-2022, 12:49 AM

44,416 posts, read 20,174,502 times

Saturday's Questions:

-Do you have something you consider a lucky charm? Not really. I have a favorite number (8), but I don't think of it as lucky. I do get a charge out of picking up a penny from the sidewalk and just thinking to myself, "today is my lucky day!" However, I don't really believe it brings good luck. It's just an attitude adjustment; makes me remember to count my blessings, no matter how small.

-Whether by using cash or doing a good deed have you ever intentionally tried to buy some good karma? Nope.

-How often does the low fuel warning light come on in your car? Extremely rare; only happened a few times over several decades.

-Do you keep parking meter or toll booth change in your car? No. I haven't used a parking meter in about 30 years, and I have an EZ-Pass thingy in my car for the toll road.

-Do you have a toll pass that lets you go past toll booths without stopping to pay? Yeppers.

-Do you usually eat a hot or a cold meal for lunch? Usually some of both: a salad and soup or hot protein. If the weather is really hot, I may stick with just cold food. But I love soup so much that I eat it year round.

Well, that is all for now. I bought a new Roku for my TV. Being a guy, I installed it without reading the instructions and then randomly pushed buttons until it started working. Now all I have left to do is either figure out how to change the settings my random button pushing came up with or learn to read Portuguese. Haha. Good luck with the Portuguese. Thanks for the questions, Mutt!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:04 AM

21,646 posts, read 8,803,107 times
Saturday's Questions:

No, I am a skeptic who doesn't believe in things like that.
Not in a transactional sense (as in expecting something in return), but I enjoy the feeling that I've made a positive impact on someone's life. I feel this is a way to atone for my youthful misdeeds.
It hasn't come on yet.
No, I have something called FasTrak. It's a device you attach inside your windshield. When you go through a toll booth, FasTrak sends a signal that automatically deducts the toll amount from your credit card. For parking meters, I can use my ATM card if I don't have enough change.
See above.
I don't normally eat lunch unless I'm meeting a friend. Instead I have a late breakfast, an early dinner and a small snack later on.

Thanks, Mr. Mutt. Good luck with the Roku!

Last edited by Bayarea4; 01-15-2022 at 01:17 AM..

Old 01-15-2022, 02:27 AM

37,824 posts, read 41,155,011 times
Saturday's Questions:

No

-Whether by using cash or doing a good deed have you ever intentionally tried to buy some good karma? No

-How often does the low fuel warning light come on in your car? QOTD Jinx Alert - Never

-Do you keep parking meter or toll booth change in your car? I've never seen a parking meter here or paid a toll in this state so, no. I keep money in the car when I do out of state road trips.

-Do you have a toll pass that lets you go past toll booths without stopping to pay? No, don't need one for a once a year trip.

-Do you usually eat a hot or a cold meal for lunch? When I eat lunch, it's usually hot.

Old 01-15-2022, 02:44 AM

41 posts, read 18,794 times
I'm a big believer in that kind of thing. I'm sure it's all true.I always wanted to have my own lucky charm. I used to wear stones, pendants, medallions, but then they got lost and I replaced them with other similar things. Right now I don't have a talisman, but 1 of them hangs on my teddy bear.

In my opinion, karma can't be deliberately bought. Although every deed has its consequence, even the intentional one. I read that good karma is earned when you do good things unselfishly. But when you do them for the sake of good karma, it can't be called unselfishness, I think.

Never yet. I don't drive much.

There is no money in my car. And I haven't parked through a parking meter yet.

Yes, I've got a transponder, but I haven't used it yet.

I don't like hot food. It burns my gums and tongue. I like warm food. I think food at room temperature is the best for the human body. But I've noticed that hot food makes me more full. Even if I just drink hot tea with two candies, then I can not eating for 1-2 hours. And if I just eat 1 candy without hot tee or coffee, then I want 3-5 candies or even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics