Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 06:02 AM

30,550 posts, read 16,240,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Here we are again. One twelfth of 2022, down the tubes.
A frigid week ahead, but that just makes it stay fresher longer, right? Here are some random questions that I found when I swept under the coffee table.

Today is: Inspire Your Heart With Art Day

Are you artistic?
sort of. I like to pretend anyway.

In what way?
used to paint and do photography. Now mostly needlework, currently quilting.

What kinds of art do you like?
eclectic, which means I can't decide

Do you have a favorite artist?
music-Gordon Lightfoot
painting-Ned Smith

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them?
save them for a while.

What was your most loved toy of childhood?
all of them.

What was your favorite candy?
Milkshake candy bars

A paraprosdokian is a sentence or statement with an unexpected ending. It means “against expectations” in Greek, and typically puts the first part of the sentence in a new and humorous context.
Such as:

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. –Groucho Marx

Have a good one!
gotta love Groucho.

thanks, gentlearts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2022, 06:07 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,085,104 times
A frigid week ahead, but that just makes it stay fresher longer, right? Here are some random questions that I found when I swept under the coffee table.

I don't want frigid!

Are you artistic?

Not at all. That talent belongs to hubby and daughter.

In what way?

I tend to like impressionism.

Favorite? No. I'm not a student of art. I just like what I like.

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them?

Small things like grocery points I use. My main credit card does cash back and I save that to use at Christmas.

A snoopy doll. I kept it for years. I eventually tossed it because it was really smelly.

As a kid, life savers in the multi flavor roll.

A paraprosdokian is a sentence or statement with an unexpected ending. It means “against expectations” in Greek, and typically puts the first part of the sentence in a new and humorous context.
Such as:

Have a good one!

Old 01-31-2022, 06:18 AM

7,372 posts, read 5,486,812 times

Are you artistic? No
In what way?

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them? One card I have to use by the end of the month or you lose your points. Others I use when I think about it or the cashier suggests I use them.m

What was your most loved toy of childhood? A Skipper doll.

What was your favorite candy? Snickers

Such as:

Have a good one!

Old 01-31-2022, 07:29 AM

1,847 posts, read 835,055 times
Are you artistic? Not really
In what way? Enjoy different architectural styles

What kinds of art do you like? Unusual / Weird

Do you have a favorite artist? Bob Ross. (Musical) George Strait

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them? Accumulate until I randomly remember they're there.

What was your most loved toy of childhood? Either a Hot Wheels car, Legos or my Nintendo 64.

What was your favorite candy? Smarties

Old 01-31-2022, 07:47 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,260,275 times

Are you artistic? Yes
In what way? I did all of the signs, banners and posters for events at my high school. In the 1990s-2009 I had a sign and graphics business for 16 years. On the side, I do woodworking and stained glass.

What kinds of art do you like? Pretty much all of it, but especially Graffiti, classic car graphics.

Do you have a favorite artist? Mr. Cartoon (Mark Machado)

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them? Just the discount for gas at Safeway, and we rarely use them because we don't shop there much and Costco gas is cheaper.

What was your most loved toy of childhood? At about age 5 I had a doctor set with candy pills.

What was your favorite candy? Necco Wafers

Old 01-31-2022, 10:32 AM

24,484 posts, read 26,021,800 times

Are you artistic?
In what way?
Absolutely no.

Southwestern

Alfredo Rodriquez.

https://alfredoartist.com/recent-paintings/

Gas points and Costco points are used as needed, the rest at Christmas

Cap gun and electric train.

Three Musketeers.

Such as: I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. –Groucho Marx

One of my favorites: War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Have a good one!
Thanx gentlehearts. Nice Q's.

Old 01-31-2022, 12:20 PM

3,076 posts, read 1,684,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post

Are you artistic? Yes
In what way? Pencil drawings, though I've done it in a long time.

What kinds of art do you like? Renaissance paintings, realism rather than abstract, sculptures.

Do you have a favorite artist? No, although I'm fond of the paintings by a man I grew up with who managed to make a living from his craft.

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them? I used them at the register for the discounts; honestly, I don't want to keep track of points for everything.

What was your most loved toy of childhood? Always loved my bikes.

What was your favorite candy? As a kid? The old Mars Bars, and I still miss them.

Such as:

Have a good one!
Have a great week, everyone!

Old 01-31-2022, 01:19 PM

5,585 posts, read 6,515,763 times
Are you artistic? I suppose. I create scrapbook pages. I have an eye for decor and nice things.
In what way? Answered above.

What kinds of art do you like? I know it when I see it.

Do you have a favorite artist? Steve Hanks.

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them? N/A. I don't play that game. Just give me low prices or I will find another store to buy at.

What was your most loved toy of childhood? I had a red and yellow stuffed monkey named Jocko. Found him in the trash can one day cuz his stuffing had been coming out. I don't remember if I got him back or not, just remember seeing him in the trash can.

What was your favorite candy? Black jacks. Soft, black, white and pink licorice flavored chewy candy.

Such as:

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. –Groucho Marx I am currently reading "Raised Eyebrows" written by Steve Stoliar, the young college man who was Groucho's secretary the last 3 years of his life. He mentioned this in the book.

Have a good one![/quote]

Old 01-31-2022, 03:49 PM
bjh

60,098 posts, read 30,411,363 times

Are you artistic?
I know what I like.
In what way?
I like music, paintings, photography, non-fiction writing.

See above.

Johnny Cash.

I accumulate for use. Other wise, what' s the point?

Bicycle

Chocolate coated peppermint patties, chocolate covered cherries, chocolate coconut bars.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:31 PM

44,370 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Are you artistic? A little.
In what way? I'm awful at drawing, but I'm pretty good at nature photography.

What kinds of art do you like? Sculptures in various media in human or animal figures; watercolor landscapes; nature photography in color or black and white; some abstract paintings; some baroque masters.

Do you have a favorite artist? Ansel Adams

If you have points at a grocery store or drug store, or in a credit card, do you use them up right away, or keep accumulating them? I wait till I have a good amount accumulated and then spend the points on something that I want but couldn't normally justify buying for myself.

What was your most loved toy of childhood? My Mouse Trap board game.

What was your favorite candy? Life Savers

Such as:

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. –Groucho Marx Haha. Great line. I love Groucho.

Have a good one! Thanks for the Monday questions, gentlearts!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics