Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 04:49 AM

19 posts, read 15,683 times

Advertisements

Has there been a time that when you left the house to go anywhere and realize some time afterwards that you had forgotten your Cell Phone it would be good to hear from anyone here.

Otherwise here is a nice quality video to enjoy as well to remind you that you should never leave home without your Cell Phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF3Dv43c5s8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2022, 05:57 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,224,091 times
Happens to me all the time. Some times i don't mind being inaccessible, like it used to be. Leave a message if you want to.

Old 05-31-2022, 06:09 AM

494 posts, read 286,452 times
Yes I have. I remember the old days when there were no cellphones so it doesn't bother me at all.

Old 05-31-2022, 06:48 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times
I remember the old days when there were no cellphones but it bothers me a lot. It can be a safety tool though mostly a convenience tool. Thing is, once you do something regularly you just know the one time you don't do it you will miss it. Maybe some feel unchained and free without it, I just worry that this will be the time something happens or someone needs to get me a message.

Old 05-31-2022, 06:55 AM

1,140 posts, read 619,685 times
I never forget it when I leave home, though I have forgotten it at a friend's place a few times when leaving.

The thing is, it really depends how attached you are to your phone. Some ppl literally look @ it every 10 min, etc. I don't.

In fact I kinda hate that culture. If I get together with friends, nothing peeves me more than if everyone is staring down at their phones. WTF is the point of getting together?

Yeah I'm old too... so I think if you are born into the phone culture you are addicted to it.

I do like having my phone with me when I go out. If my elderly parents need me for emergencies, etc it gives me peace of mind. Plus I do like being able to be reached by friends.

When I leave my home, I always do the check - phone, wallet, keys. It's a ingrained habit.

Old 05-31-2022, 08:34 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
I never forget it when I leave home, though I have forgotten it at a friend's place a few times when leaving.

The thing is, it really depends how attached you are to your phone. Some ppl literally look @ it every 10 min, etc. I don't.

In fact I kinda hate that culture. If I get together with friends, nothing peeves me more than if everyone is staring down at their phones. WTF is the point of getting together?

Yeah I'm old too... so I think if you are born into the phone culture you are addicted to it.

I do like having my phone with me when I go out. If my elderly parents need me for emergencies, etc it gives me peace of mind. Plus I do like being able to be reached by friends.

When I leave my home, I always do the check - phone, wallet, keys. It's a ingrained habit.

As you illustrate, wanting your phone on hand at all times is not the same thing as wanting to use it at all times.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:30 AM

99,618 posts, read 4,495,071 times
Yes I have, and sometimes it's a relief to have forgotten it and not have to deal with it.

Old 05-31-2022, 10:10 AM

24,480 posts, read 26,021,800 times
Generally not a problem because the car has a phone or my co driver has her phone.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:39 PM

14,784 posts, read 8,120,726 times
I don't get this culture of having your face plastered to your phone 24/7. It's kind of sad. But

They are great to have in case of an emergency...but heck I went the first thirty to forty years of my life without one, and I somehow survived.

But sometimes I consider it more of a nuisance than a help, I just turn the darn thing off and dump in my purse or leave it in another room.
(If someone calls and it is actually important, they will leave a message.)

But no I haven't left home and forgotten it. They are good for emergencies.
It can leave one with peace of mind, having a way to call for help, should it be needed.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:16 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
Being I have an older car, a 1985 Toyota Supra, I always take it along in case it breaks down and if I take my ferret for a trip downtown Tucson, I take it along as well, for if the car breaks down, and it's towed to the mechanic's shop I'll need a ride home and taxi companies won't accept a pet in their taxi's, so I have Uber on my phone and Uber will accept pets.

When I take my 8 block walks with my ferret around midnite, I never take my phone with. If I'm mugged, there goes the phone!

It's nice to take a mini-vacation from being spied on, as your phone is nothing more than a spy today for the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics