Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2023, 06:43 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times

Advertisements

Good morning, PJ, and thank you!

Do you own any posters? No. If so, what do they depict, and are they presently hanging or stored away? N/A. Wait, I do have one but it's framed - it's from WW2 and it is from the British occupation forces, and it's in German and English, and it describes what a capital crime is and various types of punishment for various crimes.

What is your favorite fruit-flavored candy? Probably Skittles if you can really call them fruit flavored. Or cherry flavored Now or Laters or whatever they're called.

When did you last change the filter for your AC or heating system? In the spring. I only have to change it twice a year.

Do you keep your cell phone in a case? No.

What did you last photograph using your cell phone? A wedding.

Did you ever purchase an item you'd seen on a TV commercial? I'm sure I have but I don't recall anything specifically other than Charmin TP. Oh wait, Mr. Clean!

Did you ever make a purchase through QVC or HSN? No.

What jewelry, if any, are you wearing right now? Four rings and two necklaces. Oh, and some very small hoop earrings and some solitaire diamond earrings.

What team sport did you last watch in person? High school football a few years ago.

What is the most upscale retail store you've ever been in? Some really upscale place in Vegas, like Chanel or something like that. Maybe a Hermes. Didn't buy anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2023, 06:53 AM

126,296 posts, read 19,080,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Hello, everyone! Scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S RANDOM QUESTIONS

Do you own any posters? If so, what do they depict, and are they presently hanging or stored away?............No I don't

What is your favorite fruit-flavored candy?................I don't like fruit candy

When did you last change the filter for your AC or heating system?...............In September I changed the furnace filter

Do you keep your cell phone in a case?............It has a protection cover

What did you last photograph using your cell phone?...............Family

Did you ever purchase an item you'd seen on a TV commercial? ..........No

Did you ever make a purchase through QVC or HSN?...........I don't know what those two are

What jewelry, if any, are you wearing right now?........... Earrings

What team sport did you last watch in person?...............FC Bayern München Fußballspiel years ago

What is the most upscale retail store you've ever been in?............. Last such place I visited was Lodenfrey in Munich

There you have it, friends. Enjoy your Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Thank you Pammy

Old 10-03-2023, 07:14 AM

7,374 posts, read 5,490,342 times

TODAY'S RANDOM QUESTIONS

Do you own any posters? If so, what do they depict, and are they presently hanging or stored away? No

What is your favorite fruit-flavored candy? Fruit slices

When did you last change the filter for your AC or heating system? Not sure

Do you keep your cell phone in a case? Yes

What did you last photograph using your cell phone? The harvest moon

Did you ever purchase an item you'd seen on a TV commercial? Yes

Did you ever make a purchase through QVC or HSN? A long time ago. A frying pan.

What jewelry, if any, are you wearing right now? Wedding rings

What team sport did you last watch in person? Chicago Bears

What is the most upscale retail store you've ever been in? Harrods in London

There you have it, friends. Enjoy your Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Thank you!

Old 10-03-2023, 07:22 AM

18,228 posts, read 25,885,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S RANDOM QUESTIONS

Do you own any posters? If so, what do they depict, and are they presently hanging or stored away?yes, promo posters on the Moody Blues, Dan Fogelberg, Procol Harum , and Barclay James Harvest

What is your favorite fruit-flavored candy?lemon

When did you last change the filter for your AC or heating system?just a couple months ago, had to replace the gas valve on my furnace.

Do you keep your cell phone in a case?no

What did you last photograph using your cell phone?hmm, gotta think on that one.

Did you ever purchase an item you'd seen on a TV commercial? yes, a few but not in a long time.

Did you ever make a purchase through QVC or HSN?no

What jewelry, if any, are you wearing right now?turquoise rings my grandad gave me when I graduated from high school.

What team sport did you last watch in person?Denver Broncos home game last year

What is the most upscale retail store you've ever been in?Probably Penney's, I'm not an upscale guy.

Great ??'s Pam! Hope everyone has a super day today!

Old 10-03-2023, 07:29 AM

61,827 posts, read 87,292,973 times

TODAY'S RANDOM QUESTIONS

Do you own any posters? If so, what do they depict, and are they presently hanging or stored away?

No. But I think I might have some posters of my home town rolled and stored in the garage.

What is your favorite fruit-flavored candy?

I am more into chocolate candies, but probably would like sour tasting like cherries - to balance out the sweetness.

When did you last change the filter for your AC or heating system?

Before I left my home in Texas for a trip. No
AC or filters overseas.

Do you keep your cell phone in a case?

Yes. I really like the case because it has a magnetic flap where I can store my credit card and go shopping only having my phone with me, instead of purse.
https://www.amazon.com/VENA-vCommute...ref=mp_s_a_1_3

What did you last photograph using your cell phone?

Yesterday's dinner for a food forum. .

Did you ever purchase an item you'd seen on a TV commercial?

No. Most of them don't work as advertised.

Did you ever make a purchase through QVC or HSN?

No. Not into those shopping channels.

What jewelry, if any, are you wearing right now?

Right now? None - I don't wear jewelry at home to prevent them getting filthy or damaged. I have just a necklace on.

What team sport did you last watch in person?

Some local competitions that were public for entertainment.

What is the most upscale retail store you've ever been in?

Probably House of Bijan in Beverly Hills, CA or some stores in Paris, like Louis Vuitton

Thanks, Pam. Same to you

Old 10-03-2023, 07:34 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,052,604 times

TODAY'S RANDOM QUESTIONS

Do you own any posters? If so, what do they depict, and are they presently hanging or stored away?
No, don't own any.

What is your favorite fruit-flavored candy? Cherry slices.

When did you last change the filter for your AC or heating system? It is done here by maintenance the same times they check the smoke detectors, fire alarms and fire extinguishers. Think it works out to 3 or 4x per year. Last time was probably 7 weeks ago.

Do you keep your cell phone in a case? I wouldn't call it a case. It has a clear rubbery plastic thing around all but the front. As you can see, not up on cell phone lingo.

What did you last photograph using your cell phone? Never. I have 8 regular cameras and only 4 that I use regularly.

Did you ever purchase an item you'd seen on a TV commercial? Yes

Did you ever make a purchase through QVC or HSN? No

What jewelry, if any, are you wearing right now? Watch. It's the only jewelry I wear since retired.

What team sport did you last watch in person? College rowing regatta. They come from colleges in the US and Canada to participate and practice here. They are using one of my very old photos (from 2007, I think) that I had put on CD (the main site, not the forums), on the homepage of the rowing association.

What is the most upscale retail store you've ever been in? Been in not shopped in? . It's probably Nordstrom's or Lord & Taylor about 20 - 25 years ago. I used to walk through them to get inside the mall from where I parked in the parking lot at the Annapolis Mall in Maryland. I think I read within the last 10 years, Lord & Taylor closed all of its stores. Nordstrom's is still around since I read they left San Francisco just a few weeks ago.

Old 10-03-2023, 07:41 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,604,932 times
Yes - a neon orange Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers poster that I took off a telephone pole decades ago. It’s terrific looking but not up right now

I can’t think of any right now

A couple years ago. We rarely use AC

I do now. I wish I’d never got one. Now I’ll never go back to caseless. I like the look and feel of the phone without a case

A screen shot of my Wordle game from this morning. I beat the bot!

Yes

No

four pieces that I never take off. All of them are high carat yellow gold. Chinese gold necklace from my mom, bracelet from my parent’s trip to Florence, a ring from my mom, and my wedding ring.

Gee, I’m not sure

Hmmmm. Maybe Neiman Marcus in DC or Le Bon Marché in Paris. IN - not necessarily buy lol

Thank you Pam!
Posting Guide

Old 10-03-2023, 08:04 AM

27,360 posts, read 27,413,147 times
No posters here but I have a few paintings of my dad's.
We change our ac filter every couple months, but Denver sheds like crazy so we have to.
I have a few assorted covers for my phone and change them out once in awhile.
Jewelry, my daughter used to sell paprazzi costume jewelry and Im wearing a pair of earrings I bought from her.
I dont do upscale stores. Im more of a Goodwill shopper, for most of my stuff.
Happy Tuesday everyone~~

Old 10-03-2023, 09:09 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,610 posts, read 81,316,164 times
TODAY'S RANDOM QUESTIONS

Do you own any posters? If so, what do they depict, and are they presently hanging or stored away? Not any more

What is your favorite fruit-flavored candy? Those little Welch's fruit snacks.

When did you last change the filter for your AC or heating system? Mine is permanent, and I cleaned it at the end of the season in early July. Just turned the furnace back on a couple of weeks ago.

Do you keep your cell phone in a case? No

What did you last photograph using your cell phone? The grapes that I picked from our vines.

Did you ever purchase an item you'd seen on a TV commercial? No, but I have seen items in a TV add after we bought them.

Did you ever make a purchase through QVC or HSN? No, never watched them either.

What jewelry, if any, are you wearing right now? Wedding ring

What team sport did you last watch in person? My grandson's Ultimate Frisbee match.

What is the most upscale retail store you've ever been in? I'm not into upscale shopping, but I did some work at Nordstrom back in the early 2000s.

Old 10-03-2023, 09:22 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,022,707 times
Good morning. What a beautiful day here, no clouds, sunny and a little cooler temperatures 53 F, just perfect. Max will be 81 F around 2 PM.

Not anymore, I got rid of them when I moved. I'm going to replace them soon. I had two, one with Paramahansa Yogananda and another one with Divine Mother from a Hindu store, beautiful posters. They were both too old.
Anything with lemon.
No idea, I'm renting.
No, I don't really use it anyway.
I filmed around the property here some weeks ago.
Probably, in the past.
Never.
None when I'm home.
I don't even remember.
In Duesseldorf (Germany) on the Schadowstrasse. The city is also called "The Fashion Capital of Germany". This street is old and pretty and has elegant boutiques and stores, the buildings were created by two renewed architects. Part of it is pedestrian. It has luxury retail stores along a canal (goes to the Rhine River), I have many pictures from there. Beautiful, very elegant. Of course I never buy anything when I go into luxury stores but I always get inspired. I know how to make clothes and I know the prices for fabric so even if I were a millionaire I could never pay hundreds of dollars for a blouse for instance. Because I know how to make it myself and I want to have an unique blouse.

Thanks Pam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics