Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:01 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times

Advertisements

Todays Question:

Which the 5 senses (See/Hear/Taste/Touch/Smell), is your most sensitive?
I've had to think on this, I guess I can still taste well, eyes not so good, smell,hearing not the best, touch is still working

Extra credit:

Which is your "weakest" ? Eyes, Macular degeneration is what they say but I think it was the concusion myself.

National Sunglasses Day Oh yeah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 08:03 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,744,493 times
My strongest has to be smell and touch is still pretty good
My weakest sight....hearing is starting to get a little weak....taste is good since I quit smoking 4 years ago.

Dark Shadows....now there is a blast from the past.
Anything orange flavored is good with me too.

Happy Friday everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:50 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,450,678 times
Default My strongest sense is my SIXTH.

Followed by a sense of smell, I suppose. My husband shared with me once that women do have an incredibly stronger sense of smell. Explains a lot of things, like how he can poot and keep a straight a face.

My hearing must come in a close second. I used to love a comment to something said in my classroom, and watch the kids' faces. If I did it to my daughter at home, she'd scream at me, "Mom! Do you mind?" No, but she should, especially if it was meant to be a secret.

I DO think I can read minds, however. While my sister's three children can run circles around her, I am ON TO them in a heartbeat. Love the looks I get from them when I delicately try to point out how she is being manipulated, BIG time. Heck, I want to move in and live at her house.

Struck me as odd that Nat'l Orange Blossom Day is attuned to Celebrate a Wedding Day, but to birthdays? Perhaps because a wedding day has been celebrated?

Let me slip on my pair of Ray Bans, and slink out of here.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:56 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post

Todays Question:

Extra credit:

Which is your "weakest" ?

Today in history:
June 27, 1778 Liberty Bell came home to Philadelphia after the British had left
June 27, 1934 Federal Savings and Loan Association created
June 27, 1955 1st automobile seat belt legislation enacted, Illinois
June 27, 1966 1st sci-fi soap opera, "Dark Shadows," premieres on ABC-TV
Today is:
National Orange Blossom Day
it is also
"Happy Birthday To You Day" - woo hoo does this mean we can go buy a birthday cake just because !!!
and don't forget
National Sunglasses Day

This question turned out to be harder than I expected...
My initial respose to the most sensitive sense is smell, but taste, touch and hearing are also very sensitive.
The weekest is my eyesight....but only because I do wear reading glasses sometimes.

I had no idea that the first seat belt legislation went that far back...

I remember the show Dark Shadows...At least I think I do?? It must have been reruns, cause I wasn't around then....maybe I just remember my mom talking about it.....Ok, I'm very confussed now....

I have some beautiful orange colored roses blooming in my back yard. Funny thing is until these, I had never seen orange roses....

In my opinion, everyday is a good day to celebrate with cake!!!!

I can't live without my sunglases....my eyes are very sensitive to the sunlight... So I guess my eyes are very sensitive also....

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 09:02 AM

72,418 posts, read 18,203,422 times
My strongest is my touch, I am a touchy feely person,my weekest is my sight
My nose is very sensitve, I sneeze at anything,Can't stand those strong perfume
There is an old lady I know,whenever she stands next to me,I would have a sneeze attack!

Old 06-27-2008, 10:04 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times
Good Morning...Sense of smell is my strongest and sight is my weakest since I now wear bifocals for reading and computer work.

As so many others have posted here, DH has no sense of smell. And I did learn years ago that women do have a better sense of smell than men do. Taste is pretty strong also.

Strong perfume drives me nuts. Cannot stand it at all. ......Happy Birthday to all celebrating today.

Last edited by Northwoods Voyager; 06-27-2008 at 10:14 AM..

Old 06-27-2008, 10:08 AM

280 posts, read 1,222,129 times
the first 5 senses seem to be all good - for now. its my 6th sense that is not so good, but I'm working on that

Old 06-27-2008, 10:12 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Have to say smell is my strongest and strong perfumes make my head hurt. Have to run from some as I could actually get sick.

Weakest-sight, reading glasses, drops for glaucoma.

Along with NWV-Happy B-Day to all out there celebrating and please share the cake..

Old 06-27-2008, 11:32 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,430,669 times
Todays Question:

Hear.

Extra credit:

Which is your "weakest"?
See.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Todays Question:

Extra credit:

Which is your "weakest" ?
I think there's also a sixth sense, it's called Common Sense.

And that's probably my weakest sense!

As for the most sensitive, I'd say touch... I seem to enjoy touching everything!

Or maybe smell, I got offered a job as a K-9 a couple of weeks ago, but I turned it down because all of my co-workers were dogs..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics