Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 05:15 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,433,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Being the Dog Lover that I am, whenever a poster talks about their pup, I do look at
their profile for pictures.

I really enjoy seeing our Member's extended family.
My dogs are on mine!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 08:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,322,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
Alot of people do. I personally don't, but people like to be trolls and refer to what you said earlier to argue about that in a completely different thread than you posted in. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the center of a political ad campaign. Pisses me off. Why do you people do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Yes, why do people post from a different post and try to make it applicable to the current one??? That is creepy! I believe that is highly discouraged anyway...don't worry, I don't do that Yet!
What does trolling have to do with referring to somebody's own posts?! And why should it pis* anybody off or be creepy? Can't you stand behind your own words?!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:53 PM

13,627 posts, read 21,445,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yes, I do. They have to be smart, witty, funny, and open-minded - by my own standards that is...
thankyou

Old 10-13-2008, 12:11 AM

13,782 posts, read 26,292,886 times
Quote:
What does trolling have to do with referring to somebody's own posts?! And why should it pis* anybody off or be creepy? Can't you stand behind your own words?!
That is not what I meant. I have found that there are some posters who will go back and "edit" a previous post for their own argument. Statements being taken out of context is my issue.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:30 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,696,510 times
At my age I find myself frequently going back and reading my own threads to find out what I think or who I am

Old 10-13-2008, 04:55 AM

641 posts, read 2,374,805 times
Quote:
Because most of the time, when someone refer's to someone's unrelated post it is to cause trouble and people come off as a forum stalker. Some people may like that attention that they get, but I sure as hell don't

Old 10-13-2008, 09:19 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,322,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
That is not what I meant. I have found that there are some posters who will go back and "edit" a previous post for their own argument.
OK. I agree with this. But if it's quoted once, it's there to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
Because most of the time, when someone refer's to someone's unrelated post it is to cause trouble and people come off as a forum stalker. Some people may like that attention that they get, but I sure as hell don't
Sorry if it's inconvenient for you. If a post is referrred to, chances are it's not irrelevant. Perhaps you should think things over better before you ever post if you don't want to be accountable for all your opinions.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:29 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,363,646 times
I have, when I wanted to see if someone had an "agenda" that wasn't stated in the thread but is coming out in his/her posts.

Also I have visited a person's profile who seems to be downright hostile at times. just wanted to see what kinds of things he/she posted to see what other crazy stuff he/she was coming up with. The profile was blocked except to friends. makes you wonder.....

It helps to know who's who. I recognize a lot of posters here and there, but cannot remember why.

Also, sometimes I try to rep someone but can't. Then I cannot remember what I might have rep'd them for. So you can see what else they have posted and find the "Common Link", what thread you might have both been on that you rep'd them for.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:16 PM

641 posts, read 2,374,805 times
Quote:
Sorry if it's inconvenient for you. If a post is referrred to, chances are it's not irrelevant. Perhaps you should think things over better before you ever post if you don't want to be accountable for all your opinions.
Did you even read my post? I said the stuff they referred to was COMPLETELY UNRELATED to the subject of the thread.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:19 PM

248 posts, read 800,462 times
i have a couple times to see if there is a trend to how a certain person responds. plus i like to look at profile pictures just cause!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics