Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 06:36 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,488,979 times

Advertisements

I sometimes go out to bars with my co-workers. I am the oldest at 36. Everyone else is between 24 and 31/32. They are all skinner then me (maybe because they don't have children???). I'm not fat though

Anyhow, I am a present person- like the crap on today's music....like the dress....so I wear some outfits that they would be wearing...I do my hair and make-up (naturally made-up I hope)........and as I compare myself whenever we're out and having fun.......I hope that I don't look like one of those people that are trying too hard to keep a hold onto their youth. If you know what I mean.

Does anyone worry about that, or is it just me being shallow?

Be nice if you're going to be negative to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 08:04 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times
You're my daughter's age, so I can only speak for someone my age. I don't like the fact that I'm getting older because I'm definitely not the "knock-out" (not my words, others) I used to be, but I'm taking it pretty well, I think. I'm not vain at all and don't try to look younger than I am. Actually, I think ladies my age who pile on the makeup, color their hair, wear hair styles for younger women, try to dress like women your age, and the like really look rather unpleasant and pretentious and definitely call attention to the fact that they're not accepting aging too well.

Personally, I think I look younger than most woman my age. I have always looked about 10 years younger than I am, so I'm rather lucky there. I'm sure one of these days, I'll be a shriveled up old prune with the mindset of a 40 year old.

Here's a photo of my daughter taken two months ago. Actually, she was 35 in June, so she's a bit younger than you. You both look very young, but that's because YOU ARE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/VAUGHANMARIE/Amy2008.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-15-2008, 08:41 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
I sometimes go out to bars with my co-workers. I am the oldest at 36. Everyone else is between 24 and 31/32. They are all skinner then me (maybe because they don't have children???). I'm not fat though

Anyhow, I am a present person- like the crap on today's music....like the dress....so I wear some outfits that they would be wearing...I do my hair and make-up (naturally made-up I hope)........and as I compare myself whenever we're out and having fun.......I hope that I don't look like one of those people that are trying too hard to keep a hold onto their youth. If you know what I mean.

Does anyone worry about that, or is it just me being shallow?

Be nice if you're going to be negative to me

I know what your saying, but to tell you the truth, the older I get, the less I give a crap what anyone thinks. I'm 37 right now and I'm content the way I am. I wear what is comfortable for me and what is appropriate for my body type. You look the way you look, I don't think you can do much about it. Some of the other moms at my kid's school are the same age as me, but they look like they are 47, or maybe I just look 27

Anyway, stop worrying and STOP comparing yourself! You are YOU and there is no one else exactly like you.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:11 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,290,070 times
I'm 42 and I would like to look as young as I can for as long as I can.

I color my hair because it makes me feel better.As far as clothes I can't see
myself wearing some of these younger styles I think I would look rediculous.
A pair of jeans and a nice shirt works for me.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:42 AM

1,149 posts, read 2,513,423 times
You are not that old. You can' be... because you are the same age as my Beautiful Daughter, and I am not that old!

Did that make any since?

Okie

Old 11-15-2008, 09:56 AM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
35 or even 47 is still young,if you look young that's great!,I used to look younger than others,so enjoy while it lasts.
But remember not to look exagerated,meaning that don't look like a teenager,if you don then you would look older and people will think you are trying to look young, if you do look young then look young,look at what makes you tick

Old 11-15-2008, 10:09 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,234 times
You are certainly NOT being shallow! I think it is very normal to think about your looks no matter what age you are. I have a daughter about your age so I have reached - maybe past - the age of the whole face lift - whole body lift. Many of my friends are on their second or third "procedure". They still can't wear the same style the twenty something girls wear.

I have choosen to not do all the "procedures". I take very good care of myself - it really does pay off. People think I am much younger than I am. One of my Grand daughters friends told her I dressed really cool. Everything I wear has to pass the "I like it" test. If you like the way you look then you are probably in good shape.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:21 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
As long as you're wearing things appropriate for your age (not wearing mini-skirts or "junior" styles) that flatter your body, you're fine!
The rule of thumb is, if you wore a "style" in your teens and 20's, and that style comes around again, you're too old to wear it this time!

Old 11-15-2008, 09:28 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. All women are beautiful and it's their inner self that they need to think about. You are what you believe. And I see beauty everywhere when there's women around.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:12 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times
I'm not really into wannabe's,a woman who's way older than me shouldn't know more about today's music than I do...unless she's got a kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics