Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times

Advertisements

Do you have any type of "piggy bank" in your house ? Many banks and little tin cannisters.
My dear partner sorts them and puts them in the respective containers....

If you could only have ONE type of candy for the rest of the year, what would you chose ?
lol no you can't just say "chocolate" I am not a big candy eater....but we almost always have some hershey with almonds in the house.

Extra Credit Question:

How many watched American Idol last night ? I have never watched more than one contestant several years ago.

Start to finish , how long does it take for you to get ready to leave the house ? I am retired so really dont have to do much to "leave the house"....on Sunday....maybe 1/2 hour to get ready to go to church.

What is the last thing you do before you go out the door ?

Give the dogs a cookie.

Which door do you use most to go in and out of your home ? The front door

Hot Pastrami Sandwich: yay or nay ? Yeah but its been a long long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 09:52 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,290,070 times
Do you have any type of "piggy bank" in your house ?
if not
Where do you keep your change? We have a change bucket,but just got a pickle jar to turn into a bank...lol

Bonus Question:

If you could only have ONE type of candy for the rest of the year, what would you chose ? Dove Chocolates
lol no you can't just say "chocolate"

Extra Credit Question:

How many watched American Idol last night ? nope

p.s. You all need to watch the audition show they did here in Jacksonville

Inquiring Minds Want to Know Question(s):

Start to finish , how long does it take for you to get ready to leave the house ? an hour

Is this longer or shorter on the weekend ? shorter

What is the last thing you do before you go out the door ? grab my keys,money and phone

Which door do you use most to go in and out of your home ? front

Hot Pastrami Sandwich: yay or nay ? nay

Old 01-14-2009, 10:12 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
Yes, it's a big white mouse and I got it for my 12th b/day or so. I still put all the money I get for birthdays etc. in there and it's mostly used for our weekendtrips or vacations.

Bonus Question:

If you could only have ONE type of candy for the rest of the year, what would you chose ? No, Karla, don't do this... I just can't decide what to eat. Let me think about it....... Hmmm, I probably would go with this dark chocolate which is stuffed with dark mousse au chocolat...
Extra Credit Question:

How many watched American Idol last night ? I didn't.

Start to finish , how long does it take for you to get ready to leave the house ? Without DS 30 mins max. if I need to hurry I can make it in 20 mins.
Is this longer or shorter on the weekend ? When I take my time I could use up to one hour or a bit more.

What is the last thing you do before you go out the door ? Put on a jacket?!?!

Which door do you use most to go in and out of your home ? The only one we have No backdoors over here

Hot Pastrami Sandwich: yay or nay ? Haven't had that yet.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:16 PM

24,447 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Yep, in a small vase.
if not
Where do you keep your change?
If not in the vase, it's in my pocket.

Bonus Question:

If you could only have ONE type of candy for the rest of the year, what would you chose ?
Nothing in particular.
Extra Credit Question:

How many watched American Idol last night ?
Not me.

Start to finish , how long does it take for you to get ready to leave the house ?
Less than 30 minuets.

Is this longer or shorter on the weekend ?
Nope.

Lock it.

Which door do you use most to go in and out of your home ?
Front door.

Hot Pastrami Sandwich: yay or nay ?
Yay, in fact just got some coupons in the mail for pastrami sandwich's at a joint around the corner.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:18 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,670,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
lol you all are too funny !!!

? is up and ready

I had to go do "dog duty" he wouldn't understand the waiting so I could post lol
Then ran into the roofing guy and had some questions to ask before the insurance appraiser gets here today

So thats why I was "late"

hmmm wonder who will be first to "edit" their post with answers
Wrong day Karla. Yesterday was "Blame someone else"

Old 01-14-2009, 12:22 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,028 times
G'Day all - our weatherman just informed us that it is colder right now in the Albany area than it is in Alaska! That just tickles me to no end!

Do you have any type of "piggy bank" in your house ? if not where do you keep your change? In a big ol' pickle jar. Keep swearing I'm gonna fill it & spend it all at Foxwoods!

If you could only have ONE type of candy for the rest of the year, what would you choose ? hmmm......Paydays....the nuts, the nougat...bliss, pure bliss!

How many watched American Idol last night ? I have yet to see a full episode from start to finish. I usually catch about 10-20 minutes every 4th or 5th show.

Start to finish , how long does it take for you to get ready to leave the house ? About 30 minutes, always in a hurry, & always forgetting something!

Is this longer or shorter on the weekend ? I will take my time for something special - maybe 90 minutes....but that means hair, makeup, the works!

What is the last thing you do before you go out the door ? Repeat out loud that I have everything I need...then...

Which door do you use most to go in and out of your home ? ..rush out the door from the kitchen to the garage, knowing full well that I will remember something I forgot. Which I will promptly remember at the first stoplight!

Hot Pastrami Sandwich: yay or nay ? Ooooh, yay all the way! But the diet guru says leave it behind for now....

Today in History:
1966 - David Bowie releases his 1st record (Can't Help Thinking About Me) First rock concert I ever saw was David Bowie around 1974. Didn't have a clue who he was - my friend's older sis had tkts so off we went!

Word of the Day:
jettison \JET-uh-suhn, JET-uh-zuhn\, verb:
1. to throw goods overboard to lighten a ship or aircraft in distress Wish I could "jettison" the cellulite off my thighs!

Today is:
National Dress Up Your Pet Day If I did that, my dogs would think twice about biting the hand that feeds them!
Bald Eagle Appreciation Day - they only get one day, just one???
National Mail Order Gardening Day - just thinkin' 'bout it warms me up!

Old 01-14-2009, 12:34 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Today's Question(s)

if not
Where do you keep your change?

No piggy bank. I keep mine in a couple of tupperware containers in a drawer. One for pennies and one for the silver stuff.

Bonus Question:

lol no you can't just say "chocolate"

BOXES of these:

Extra Credit Question:

How many watched American Idol last night ?

I watched the one part where the guy sang while rolling his tongue or something. That was hilarious. I don't want to get into another AI season, so I changed channels after that.

Start to finish , how long does it take for you to get ready to leave the house ?
40 minutes....including enjoying a cup of coffee.

Is this longer or shorter on the weekend ?
The same unless I opt to go without makeup....which is rare.

Check to make sure I have keys, hair brush and wallet.

Which door do you use most to go in and out of your home ?
Front door.

Hot Pastrami Sandwich: yay or nay ?
NAY!

Old 01-14-2009, 01:09 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
No piggy bank...I keep my change in my billfold change pocket, but use it as fast as I can.

Hmmm, that candy ? is too hard! My taste varies from time to time.

NEVER watch Am. Idol....yuck!

It takes me about 20 minutes... no matter what day.

I check to see if everything is as I want to leave it.

I use the front door for going and coming in, the back door for carrying in firewood.

I don't think I have ever eaten a Hot Pastrami Sandwich ????

Old 01-14-2009, 01:22 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,931,925 times
Today's Question(s)

Do you have any type of "piggy bank" in your house ? Just a simple change jar. And when it gets full I still roll the coins into those paper rolls and cash 'em in.

Bonus Question:

If you could only have ONE type of candy for the rest of the year, what would you chose ? Ahhh... I can't say chocolate? Well, then I really don't have an answer. I'm kinda a picky eater and my tastes come and go so one month it can be this while the next month it could be that.

Extra Credit Question:

How many watched American Idol last night ? Oh we suffered through that last night. I don't think I can make myself do it 2 nights in a row though. And, FTR, I only watch the auditions. When it gets down to them being in Hollywood, I tune out.

Start to finish , how long does it take for you to get ready to leave the house ? I'd say... taking out the distractions, 15 minutes. I like to leave the house looking natural, but nicely put together. After all, IMO, my husband loved me enough to give me his last name, the least I can do for him is to represent that name in a nice package. LOL.. wow... that sounded very "Hallmarky" of me!

Is this longer or shorter on the weekend ? Longer on the weekends 'cuz there's even more distractions.

What is the last thing you do before you go out the door ? The last thing I always do is to turn around in the doorway, look one of my kitties in the eye and tell her she's in charge while I'm gone! LOL.. go ahead and laugh, I won't be offended.

Which door do you use most to go in and out of your home ? We use the front door the most.

Hot Pastrami Sandwich: yay or nay ? I'll pass on the pastrami, thanks. But I'll take a Quizno's prime rib sandwich; no onions! *drool*

Old 01-14-2009, 01:24 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,931,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
wrong day karla. Yesterday was "blame someone else"

lol.... Snap! :d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics