Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:11 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

A US Airways plane taking off from NY's LaGuardia Airport this afternoon was forced to ditch in the Hudson River, believed to be due to multiple birdstrikes damaging both engines. All 150+ passengers and crew aboard are at this time believed safe with no serious injuries being reported

BRAVO! Well Done to the air crew and the resuers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 04:43 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
A happy ending to a tragedy thank God. And what a PILOT!!!!! Thank goodness everyone is alive and ok.

What a sight to see when you get out of that plane and know you and everyone else on board are safe, the beautiful American flag and the Statue of Liberty!

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 01-15-2009, 04:51 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
I am so glad all these people made it out of the plane safely. If this plane went down a little differently, they could have all been killed.

Alive. or Dead. That simple and frightening.

Thank God for all these people that the pilot was able to land the plane in such a way that this was not a huge tragedy. What a great job the flight crew did.

My heart goes out to the families who just knew their loved ones were on that plane, the worry they must have went through is unimaginable.

And the passengers, I am just so thankful that they are now safe, and most importantly, alive.

Thank God.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:54 PM

Two weeks into the year and that pilot's a STRONG contender for hero of the year!

Old 01-15-2009, 04:54 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
I am very thankful that there was no loss of life in this incident. The captain and the first officer should be commended for doing an outstanding job in bringing the disabled Airbus into the Hudson River successfully. The rest of the flight crew, and rescuers have also done an outstanding job in getting everyone out of there safely.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I am very thankful that there was no loss of life in this incident. The captain and the first officer should be commended for doing an outstanding job in bringing the disabled Airbus into the Hudson River successfully. The rest of the flight crew, and rescuers have also done an outstanding job in getting everyone out of there safely.

Not only a fine job of piloting but a brilliant decision on course of action under stress. And, passengers say the pilot walked the length of the aircraft, twice, to ensure no one had been left behind.

The man is the very definition of Pilot in Command!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:08 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,795,107 times
This story seems to have created quite a splash tonight. I'm glad to see the major networks decided not to skip over it like they do with so many other stories.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:56 PM

607 posts, read 1,334,364 times
This is such wonderful news, and exactly what we all need to hear about in these tough times. Thank you, Lord!

Old 01-16-2009, 05:43 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
A happy ending to a tragedy thank God. And what a PILOT!!!!! Thank goodness everyone is alive and ok.

What a sight to see when you get out of that plane and know you and everyone else on board are safe, the beautiful American flag and the Statue of Liberty!
I'm so glad you pointed that out! I followed that story from the beginning as I keep in touch with many of my former co-workers (airlines 9 years - 3 of them @ JFK & LGA). In all the media reports & video footage, I never even noticed our great flag & Lady Liberty in the background.

Thank you MLV!

Old 01-16-2009, 06:06 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
This goes to show that emergency plans are so important.

What a great crew! Congrats on a job well done.

I was talking to hubby last night as said...that's the best advertisement a company could ask for right there!

I'm thankful that everyone got out safe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics