Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 03:26 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,044,320 times

Advertisements

Have you ever given a Toast at an event or gathering ? Other than being a groom, no.

Have you ever been a member of a bridal party ? no.

Which of the following "wedding reception or party standards" have you participated in:

Bouquet or garter throw ? no.
Dollar Dance ? no.
Hokey Pokey ? no.
Bunny Hop ? no.
Electric Slide ? no.
Chicken Dance ? no.
Locomotion Train ? no.
Line dance ? no.

Will you be buying any Girl Scout cookies this year ? no. no. no.

Well on that note, I would like to wish everyone a POSITIVE day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 05:15 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Have you ever given a Toast at an event or gathering ?

Yes, I have been honored to do so several times, at weddings and retirements.

Have you ever been a member of a bridal party ?
Nor a groom's man.

Will you be buying any Girl Scout cookies this year ?
If so whats your favorite flavor(s) ?
I don't expect to be buying any.....BUT if any kids come to the door....of course I will place an order.....

(but I think the cookies are overpriced and over rated and it always feels to me like a corporate exploitation of youth.)
Today in History:
1732 1st mass celebrated in 1st American Catholic church, Philadelphia
1870 1st New York City subway line opens
1919 - The Grand Canyon was established as a National Park by an act of the U.S. Congress
1930 1st red and green traffic lights installed (Manhattan New York City)
1960 - For $105 you could buy a do-it-yourself fallout shelter. A full-size model of one was on display in a bank in New York. Bobby Dylan had a song released "I will not go down under the ground, cuz someone says that Death's coming Round"

Last edited by elston; 02-26-2009 at 05:45 AM..

Old 02-26-2009, 05:20 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
These questions made me think that I haven't been on a wedding party in ages!

Have you ever given a Toast at an event or gathering ? Yes, on my own wedding day.

Which of the following "wedding reception or party standards" have you participated in:

Bouquet or garter throw ? Well I threw the bouquet, does that count?
Line dance ? Yes, on my own wedding with all the guests and on the wedding of friends with a soccer team

Will you be buying any Girl Scout cookies this year ? We don't have girl scouts over here, so no cookies Are they good? If yes, I'm glad we don't have the girl scouts or I would spend all the money we have at home and this includes my little piggy bank for the weekend trips.

Tell a Fairy Tale Day
That is sweet. Altho DS is still to young to listen I will try again today and read him a fairy tale.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:35 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
Happy Thursday....and it's my Friday....just thought I'd rub that in.

Today's Question(s) :

Have you ever given a Toast at an event or gathering ? Yes, and I swore I'd never do it again!
Bonus Question:

Have you ever been a member of a bridal party ? Yup and have pictures of the ugly dresses to prove it.
Extra Credit Question:

Bouquet or garter throw ? Yes
Dollar Dance ? Great dance for a pickpocket!
Hokey Pokey ? Yes
Bunny Hop ? No...course I might have drunk something and I don't remember
Electric Slide ? Yup
Chicken Dance ? Yup
Locomotion Train ? Yup
Line dance ? Yup

Dang...I'm just a party animal!!!

Just for Fun:

Will you be buying any Girl Scout cookies this year ? Probably
Thin Mints and Shortbread

Today is:
National Pistachio Day
National Chili Day-Yummers!
For Pete's Sake Day
Thermos Bottle Day
Tell a Fairy Tale Day-Once upon a time I actually did my work 1st and played 2nd.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:40 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,564 times
Wow - Karla! Hope you are sleeping in now that you took care of the most important part of the day!

I have given just two "formal" toasts. Then there were the airline years. Worked a lot of 3-day trips & got to know my co-workers well.
There was a lot of "informal" toasting back then!

I have been a member of a bridal party many times...I loved it!

Which of the following "wedding reception or party standards" have you participated in: Every one you listed, I have done. I try to
really celebrate someone else's wedding; I know they will be in for tough times (& good ones too!) down the road. I take it very seriously
when the priest (or whomever is officiating, Karla!) asks everyone present to support the new couple.

My fave GS cookies are the Samoans (sp?). Haven't had a GS cookie in years though. Usually I leave the box behind at work or just
give the girls a donation. Otherwise my hind quarters will forever be brobdingnagian!

1919 - The Grand Canyon was established as a National Park by an act of the U.S. Congress -
By the time I finally see it up close & personal, I'll be in my Hoveround Chair!

Today is:
For Pete's Sake Day - anyone know how they came up with that phrase?

Old 02-26-2009, 06:02 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Have you ever given a Toast at an event or gathering ? No, at least nothing formal. At our Roller Skating rink I used to give toasts and congratulations over the microphone for birthdays and anniversaries. Oh and once in awhile I would say to my hubby "I Love You" all the kids really liked that.

Have you ever been a member of a bridal party ? No.

Dollar Dance ? What's that? Sounds like a strip club
Hokey Pokey ? Yes. We also did that every night at our skating rink.
Bunny Hop ? No.
Electric Slide ? Yes, I love that one. So much fun.
Chicken Dance ? Yes and also at the rink. My DH was pretty funny doing that on skates.
Locomotion Train ? Yes and the Conga Line.
Line dance ? I would've if I knew how.

What about The Macarena? And "The Hand Jive"? I not only did most of these but at the rink and when I DJ'd I had to teach people how to do them.

I did them all. The cornier the more fun. Life is too short to be so serious.[

Will you be buying any Girl Scout cookies this year ? No. I haven't seen any this year and that's probably a good thing. I've been known to buy a case in the past.

If so whats your favorite flavor(s) ? Thin Mints are the best.

Last edited by ylisa7; 02-26-2009 at 06:11 AM..

Old 02-26-2009, 06:14 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Today's Question(s) :

I don't recall ever giving a toast myself, but I have helped many people finds toasts so they could do it.

Yes, I have been in several weddings--bride, maid of honor, mother of the bride, mother of the groom, guest.

I have done the following, but mostly in children's storytime and parties. I don't remember ever doing any of these in a wedding. I have watched others do them.
Hokey Pokey ?
Bunny Hop ?
Electric Slide ?
Chicken Dance ?
Locomotion Train ?
Line dance ?

I don't know if anyone will get to our home selling cookies or not. When I was working, I always bought from the first person who asked and then told everybody else I had already purchased. I like all the cookies except the chocolate mint and I can eat them. I think the chocolate covered caramel are my absolute favorites. Peanut butter would be a tie or close second.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:27 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,702 times
Yes.

Yes. Never again.

Which of the following "wedding reception or party standards" have you participated in:Bouquet or garter throw ?
Bouquet

Dollar Dance ?
Hokey Pokey ?
Bunny Hop ?
Electric Slide ?
Chicken Dance ?
Locomotion Train ?
Line dance ?
Never heard of any of the above at a wedding.

I love girl scout cookies but girl scouts never come knocking on my door. I am feverishly trying to find someone who knows a little girl selling cookies. I don't shop frequently enough to catch them in front of stores. If I find a girl scout selling cookies... her whole family will be able to retire when I get finished ordering and buying... (
well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration)

Thin mint

Old 02-26-2009, 06:31 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Good Morning .....everyone!

No, thank goodness!

Yes, maid of honor and brides maid!!!

Dollar Dance ? see below
Hokey Pokey ?see below
Bunny Hop ? see below
Electric Slide ? see below
Chicken Dance ? see below
Locomotion Train ? see below
Line dance ? see below

Yes, In my day's of the past, I have participated in all the above dances (regardless if I knew how or not) after a few glasses of champagne...........

Yes!!
Coconut and mint

Today is:
National Chili Day.....................for pete's sake,

For Pete's Sake Day:

Tell a Fairy Tale Day

Old 02-26-2009, 06:44 AM

1,312 posts, read 4,775,894 times
Happy Thursday, Everybody!

Today's Question(s) :

Have you ever given a Toast at an event or gathering ? Nope, too shy.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever been a member of a bridal party ? Yes, twice as bridesmaid.

Extra Credit Question:

Bouquet or garter throw ? Yup, many times, even caught the bouquet once!
Dollar Dance ? Yes.
Hokey Pokey ? Oh yes.
Bunny Hop ? Of course
Electric Slide ? Nope, I hate the song and absolutely refuse!
Chicken Dance ? Yes, and my mom loves this dance...it drives me crazy but I join in anyway!
Locomotion Train ? Hmmm, don't think so.
Line dance ? Nope
Just for Fun:

Will you be buying any Girl Scout cookies this year ? Oh yes, just found out my orders will be in tomorrow...had to order from 2 girl scouts I know! So I think I have about 6 boxes coming...I don't even remember how many I ordered!

If so whats your favorite flavor(s) ? Thin Mint
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics