Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 06:55 AM

36,455 posts, read 16,062,630 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

Is there an item that when you see it on sale you always stock up ? I try to look for everything on sale, I may buy one or two extra, but not 6

Bonus Question:

If you were invited to join friends at a restaurant that wasn't the kind of food you eat, would you :
Go anyway and hope they have something on the menu that you could eat ?
Eat before you go and just have dessert ?
Say thank you but you have other plans?

I would just say Yuck I hate that food, you guys go without me this time.

Extra Credit Question:

Ok it has almost been a week since we "sprang forward"
Who still has clocks that haven't been changed ?

Just for Fun:

Can you YoYo ? Yes I used to love those!!
Have you ever opened an umbrella indoors ? Yes, not superstitious!!

Today in History:
1852 - Uncle Sam cartoon figure made its debut in the New York Lantern weekly
1877 - Chester Greenwood of Farmington, ME patented the earmuff - even living in FL I have 3 pairs !!
1884 - U.S. adopts Standard Time
1915 - Dodgers manager Wilbert Robinson tries to catch a baseball dropped from an airplane, but the pilot substituted a grapefruit

This is:
YoYo & Skilled Toys Week (13 - 22)

Today is:
Coconut Torte Day Blechhhh
National Open an Umbrella Indoors Day Ok
Good Samaritan Day Will do that too.
Ear Muff Day Almost need them today! I have 180's, I love them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 06:56 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,154,661 times
Today's Question(s):

Is there an item that when you see it on sale you always stock up ?
I'm not one to stock up much, but I would say things like flour and sugar
Bonus Question:

If you were invited to join friends at a restaurant that wasn't the kind of food you eat, would you :
I like to go with the "I'm not very hungry" and have dessert philosophy. Alot of those desserts are really good and so big and filling anyway.

Extra Credit Question:

I'm still adjusting but the clocks are right.
Just for Fun:

Can you YoYo ?
NoNo
Have you ever opened an umbrella indoors ?
yep

Old 03-13-2009, 06:58 AM

18,250 posts, read 25,915,316 times
Good morning!
Is there an item that when you see it on sale you always stock up? Yes, engine oil and antifreeze regarding automotive. Household like Kleenex, paper towels as well.

If you were invited to join friends at a restaurant that wasn't the kind of food you eat,would you....-I like Eliza's response. It's great to be with friends, and eating makes it better. I would find something, that's for sure.

Ok, it's been almost a week since we "sprang forward", who still has clocks that haven't been changed? Me! The car clock.

Just for fun: Can you yo-yo? YES!! Bought lots of yo-yo's as a kid. Went to one of the Roswell, New Mexico UFO festivals 12 years back and bought a commemorative 50 year anniversary UFO Roswell yo-yo! WOO-HOO!!
AND IT GLOWS IN THE DARK TOO!!! ANOTHER WOO HOO!!.....................................sorry.

Good samaritan day! I practice that every day, helped a couple seniors change a tire out on Interstate 70 a couple days ago. Helping people is a GOOD thing!

Old 03-13-2009, 07:06 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,677,132 times
Good Morning
LOL I love Friday the 13th

Today's Question(s):

Is there an item that when you see it on sale you always stock up ? I only but meats @ the grocery when they are buy one get one free of equel or lesser value. And I mostly go on senior citizen 5% savings day.

Bonus Question:

If you were invited to join friends at a restaurant that wasn't the kind of food you eat, would you : Depends on the degree of like / dislike
Go anyway and hope they have something on the menu that you could eat ? Only if it is someplace I have never been to and do not know the menu...or look it up on line to see if they have the menu posted
Eat before you go and just have dessert ? No
Say thank you but you have other plans? No that would be a lie

Extra Credit Question:

Who still has clocks that haven't been changed ? My Car,

Just for Fun:

Can you YoYo ? Not very well
Have you ever opened an umbrella indoors ? Yes

Today in History:

1852 - Uncle Sam cartoon figure made its debut in the New York Lantern weekly
1877 - Chester Greenwood of Farmington, ME patented the earmuff - even living in FL I have 3 pairs !!
1884 - U.S. adopts Standard Time
1915 - Dodgers manager Wilbert Robinson tries to catch a baseball dropped from an airplane, but the pilot substituted a grapefruit

Word of the Day:
inanition \in-uh-NISH-uhn\, noun:
1. The condition or quality of being empty.
2. Exhaustion, as from lack of nourishment.
3. Lack of vitality or spirit.

This is:
YoYo & Skilled Toys Week (13 - 22)

Today is:
Coconut Torte Day
National Open an Umbrella Indoors Day
Good Samaritan Day
Ear Muff Day sorry don't wear them

Old 03-13-2009, 07:11 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,434,361 times
What just one, lol? I am queen of sales but only if I use the item. I stock up anytime and everytime my "usual" items go on sale.

If they were "true" friend I would tell them that I don't really care for that kind of food so let's compromise and pick a place that we could both enjoy. I can't see wasting money for a meal that I "know" I won't like. That seems silly. If the friend gets upset by my honesty then they weren't really a friend.

Who still has clocks that haven't been changed ? Just my watch because I never wear it.

Can you YoYo ? Yes but nothing fancy.

Have you ever opened an umbrella indoors ? Yes and I walk under ladders too.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:12 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,214,278 times
Morning Karla glad you didn't have to rush today and the weekend is here so you can get some R&R in.

Anything that I use that are on sale I stock up especially paper products.

Bonus Question:

I'd go and find something to eat being with the friends is what is more important. I could always eat when I got home if they didn't have anything I liked.

Extra Credit Question:

VCR in the living room the remote won't work with the new satellite receiver and the receiver's remote won't turn on the VCR.

Just for Fun:

Can you YoYo ?

Oh yeah baby~~ walk the dog, cradle and around the world I can still do thank you very much.

Sure no bad luck happened. Gee I didn't know there was a whole day assigned to opening umbrellas indoors.

Have a great weekend folks!

Old 03-13-2009, 07:30 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,905,444 times
Today's Question(s):

Toilet paper. My 7 year old must think his bottom is the size of Texas and goes through TP like no tomorrow.

Bonus Question:

I would go and roll the dice on the menu having something to fit my taste. A good evening spent with friends is still a good evening even if the food isn't my favorite.

Extra Credit Question:

All changed by that morning.

Just for Fun:
Can you YoYo ?

Yes.
Yes. No bad luck, nothing broken either.

I never heard this before. Too funny! here is a short paragraph I found about the incident.
Quote:
Robinson is perhaps best known for a spring training incident. He vowed to outdo Gabby Street's stunt of catching a ball dropped from the Washington Monument. He would catch a ball dropped from an airplane. The stunt was set up, but someone (many say it was Casey Stengel) substituted a grapefruit, which exploded on impact. With his eyes shut and his chest wringing wet, Robinson believed himself covered with his own blood until he heard his team laughing.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:33 AM

44,662 posts, read 61,751,282 times
Today's Question(s):
Is there an item that when you see it on sale you always stock up? Yes, something I always need, toilet paper and Kleenex.

Bonus Question:
Go anyway and hope they have something on the menu that you could eat ? No.
Eat before you go and just have dessert ? No.
Say thank you but you have other plans? Yes if it's somebody I'm not close to. Our group of friends we all ask each other if we've tried so and so and would we want to go there. So that problem is moot. And if we try something new, we all make our opinions known about the establishment and either go or not go there again depending on the consensus of our group.

Extra Credit Question:
Who still has clocks that haven't been changed ? Haven't changed them in over 40 years, not gonna start now, it would be too confusing.

Just for Fun:
Can you YoYo ? Yes, was a yo-yo freak when a youngster. Walk the dog, rock the cradle, around the world etc.
Have you ever opened an umbrella indoors ? Yes, if it's not wet. Usually, if it's wet, it goes into the garage first.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:55 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,905,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
wow the "kids" are still sleeping
so before I sneak out
let me answer
Today's Question(s):

Diet pepsi I go through a lot of it
When I was at Walmart the other day the 2 liters were on sale for $1 !! Reg price $1.69 I bought 10 I am going to go back and get more this weekend
One of my weakness's is regular Pepsi. Just stocked up on that as well. Meijer has them this week "10 for $10 get the 11th free." How can you go wrong with something like that?

Old 03-13-2009, 07:57 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,667,429 times
Good morning Karla,

We always stock up on Starbucks French Roast coffee when we see it on sale.

I can usually find something to eat on the menu.

No clocks to change in AZ.

I'm a left-handed, only child and can't yo-yo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics