Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 07:46 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times

Advertisements

We have just about stopped with canned foods because of the salt in them. Our children get to "raid the pantry" when they come for a visit. This is a tradition that started with our getting to go to the basement and get any canned foods we wanted when we visited our parents. Our children love it.

Our generation usually meets at restaurants, right Karla?

I love the ruffles ridges. They hold more salt!!!??

Love good sweet Lemonade
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 07:50 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more?

No. I only stock up on food and paper goods. As long as I rotate they never go to waste.

Who would be the recipient of this bounty ? If I couldn't use something my stepdaughter would get first dibs and then I would donate it.

When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ?
I ask what they need and bring it. If they say nothing I will bring a bottle of wine or a dessert.

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought ________ ?
That a girl, me, from Long Island would turn into a woman who "loves" living the country life.

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ? Not since the 80's.

What is your favorite potato chip ? I don't eat chips.

Lemonade: Yay or Nay Yay but not often.

International Ask A Question Day !!!!! How is everyone?
Lisa, that is because you found what most people consider the "Garden of Eden."

Old 03-14-2009, 07:53 AM

36,421 posts, read 16,034,254 times
Good Morning Karla and everyone

Today's Question(s) :

Now that we know the items you all stock up on,lets add a little twist.

Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more?

Who would be the recipient of this bounty ? I usually give to people in need, my friend has a coffee shop and has a give away program for people in need. I take stuff there!!

Bonus Question:

Never done anything that formal to require a gift.
Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that made you say

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought people could lie so easily, (my ex employer) ?

Just for fun:

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ? NO

What is your favorite potato chip ?Kettle New York Cheddar, the adult potato chip

Lemonade: Yay or Nay Yeah with Vodka and a splash of Ameretto

Old 03-14-2009, 07:54 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Default Today's Question

Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more? ........i did buy a bunch of pottes mean once and found my tadte had changed for this stuff and it was gross so I gave it away

Who would be the recipient of this bounty ? ...some canned food drive

Bonus Question:

When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ? .......No not really

Extra Credit Question:

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought I couldn't think of an answer

Just for fun:

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ? ...i have two but they are holsters for carrying concealed habdguns

What is your favorite potato chip ?...BBQ

Lemonade: Yay or Nay ....Yay

Old 03-14-2009, 07:57 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Things I've stocked up on and don't use. Hair dye sits on my shelves but should be in the trash.
Usually we will bring dessert or wine as a hostess gift. Sapphire-rose; when you bring Depends as a host gift are you ever invited another time?
I have fanny packs as I used to hike and smoke (yes at the same time, crazy, I know).
Favorite chip, Ruffles.
Lemonade yay! Pretty in pink.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:03 AM

27,349 posts, read 27,402,913 times
Today's Question(s) :

Just for fun:

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ?

What is your favorite potato chip ?

Yes, I used to stock up on something that I havent had to use in ages!
And no fanny packs here, didnt they stop making those back in, like, years ago? Yikes!
My favourite chips are the salt and vinegar Lays chips. I dont really care for those Pringles or imitation chips, yuk.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:12 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,866 times
Happy Saturday

Today's Question(s) :

Have you ever stocked up on something, only to find out you can no longer have it (or can't use it because all your circumstances change) any more? yes... more of a change in taste

Who would be the recipient of this bounty ? probably still in the cupboard

Bonus Question:

When you go to someones house for dinner do you bring a "hostess gift" ? of course... beer

Just for fun:

OK fess up, do you have any "fanny packs" ? nope... no fanny

What is your favorite potato chip ? Hanniford Ripple

Lemonade: Yay or Nay - but only if its Dell's

Today in History:
1743 - 1st American town meeting (Boston's Faneuil Hall) - good food
1794 - Eli Whitney patented his cotton gin, making it possible to clean 50 pounds of cotton a day, compared to a pound a day before Whitney’s invention.
1936 - Federal Register, 1st magazine of the U.S. government, publishes 1st issue
1950 - FBI's "10 Most Wanted Fugitives" program begins

Today is:
International Ask A Question Day !!!!!
National Potato Chip Day
National Fanny Pack Day
Celebrate Scientists Day
Learn about Butterflies Day
Save a Spider Day - put a cup over it until hubby comes home....

Old 03-14-2009, 08:31 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,610,405 times
Guilty. I once stocked up and bought about 25 pounds of butter because the sale was that good. It freezes forever and same can be said with regular refrigeration. Then my cholesterol got worse and had to switch to margarine.

Who would be the recipient of this bounty ?
Me. Like I said, it'll keep nearly forever and i can always use it when baking for others or making a dish for a potluck or "bring the butter" when everyone brings something to a yard picnic. I am way too frugal to just give it away.

Always bring a bottle of wine, already chilled, just in case they want to share it with me in short order

What was the last thing that made you say Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought ________ ?
This is scary. For the life of me, I would never have thought there were children who didn't want to go home after school. Saw and heard it with my own eyes and ears coming from a child that didn't want to go home. And where do so-called responsible adults take the child? Home.

Nope. There is no pack big enough for my fat-anny

Not really a potato chip fan here. But if I gotta have a favorite, it would be anything that comes out of a Pringles can.

Lemonade: Yay or Nay
Well, that depends. If it is fresh and homemade, usually yes. That powder stuff is for the birds.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:18 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,676,156 times
[quote=Karla with a K;7878115]Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday
Woo Hoo only 6 more days till Spring !!!
Ah spring when young men's hearts turn to thoughts that young ladies have had all winter and the hills are dotted with yellow earth movers.
Very early start this morning, the big dog wanted to go out at 2:45 and of course the other 2 afraid of missing a "treat opportunity" decided they needed to get up to see what was going on
I should have Buster call your dogs. When I come down in the morning I have to wake her up to let her out.
When I went back to bed you know who was snoring pretty loud so after 15 mins I gave up and decided it would be a good CD catch up reading time
So here I am all ready with

Today's Question(s) :

Not yet.

The lousy little one and his sibling will gladly take anything we don't use.

Bonus Question:

Not my job. Mrs D takes care of that.

Extra Credit Question:

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought I would get Mrs D looking forward to moving to another state. ?

Just for fun:

No fanny pack or "man purses" here.

Baked BBQ chips

Lemonade: Nay

Today in History:
1743 - 1st American town meeting (Boston's Faneuil Hall)
1794 - Eli Whitney patented his cotton gin, making it possible to consume 50 pounds of cotton a day, compared to a pound a day before Whitney’s invention. Unfortunately consumption of fiber would not be popular for 200 years. Had Eli's invention been 200 years later it would have been more popular tha Gordon's or Beefeater.
1936 - Federal Register, 1st magazine of the U.S. government, publishes 1st issue
1950 - FBI's "10 Most Wanted Fugitives" program begins
Magnum Mike does not make the list for another 50 years.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:35 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,711,118 times

I have to back up a bit. I missed the stock up on post.

Wallets. J C Penney carried a tri-fold for years that I always bought. One day the sales lady told me they were not going to carry them any more. I bought the last ten. I still have six in a bag. My favorite wallet for the rest of my life and I saved a ton of money.

Hair brushes. I use a collapsible brush for my hair. Haven't used a comb in 30 years. There was a time when no one (Curly mainly) was making them. Bought five and they are right next to the wallets.

Mr. Clean. Stopped making the replacement pads for the Magicreach. Just bought 64 for the tub and 24 for the floors. Up yours Mr. Clean.

Coffee. We stock up every time someone has Folgers on sale. We are down to 8 cans so it's time to look closer at the ads.

I'm not going bald or broke so I'm okay.

If it happened, Goodwill.

Bonus Question:

Sometimes. My "gift" is usually my computer expertise. It's rare that I go to someones house without fixing something on a computer.

Extra Credit Question:

Wow, for the life of me, I would of never thought Battlestar Galactica would end. Damn!

Just for fun:

No, but my wife's cousin carries his revolver in his when he travels.

Lays

Lemonade: Yay or Nay

Yay fer sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics