Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 09:18 AM

942 posts, read 2,585,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukester2 View Post
Thanks so much for the warm welcome and advice on being cautious. I am aware that there are some bozo's on EVERY bus and generally have a pretty good read on people. I am by no stretch introverted, as you may have already found out, and have somewhere between a dry and warped sense of humor, so take what I say in the way it's meant to be and please never feel offended. I know that a lot of pessimists view the cup as half empty and optimists see it as half full...I guess I have always thought that if you can't get a bra that fits why even bother wearing one?

Pixie Dust, yes we are best friends on my favorite list, and after I wrote that I was afraid that you may have taken it wrong and thought, "Sheesh, what a wacko, he doesn't even know me", and became confused and then relocated or something. I hope you didn't take it wrong.

Well, being the party animal that I am, there's carpet in them thar rooms that need vacuumed. That sucks, (get it, vacuum..sucks? never mind), but I am on an agenda today and that's next on the list. After that, a trip to the grocery, mayhap an afternoon siesta and then to a Comedy Club tonight.

Have a Good Saturday, because that generally follows Good Fridays,

Duke, (<----being cautious and not signing off as Larry)
I was laughing so hard I even got my dog Caspers attention.
Im still a little confused and which I was relocating, a gal can dream. No it wasn't taken the wrong way. By the way Im a girl...or I guess a female would me more appropriate.

Comedy Club sounds like fun havent been to one in years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 09:38 AM

926 posts, read 1,461,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
I was laughing so hard I even got my dog Caspers attention.
Im still a little confused and which I was relocating, a gal can dream. No it wasn't taken the wrong way. By the way Im a girl...or I guess a female would me more appropriate.

Comedy Club sounds like fun havent been to one in years.
I got a little side-lined and the carpet still is awaiting, BUT I have a load of laundry in so it's not like I am just slothing and not doing anything, right? I just got a call from a young female friend of mine who told me that she is officially single now. Her boyfriend of 8 month's broke up with her last night VIA TEXT MSG!! Sheesh, what a wimpy way out. My daughter told a guy one time something that I suggested my young female friend to tell her ex-b/f..."Take your, (insert body part of your choosing here), out of your purse and be a man!!"

My relationship with my young female friend here is, I am a male friend, first and foremost, I am a good listener and give advice if asked, I can and do keep secrets, I am a confidant, (only spelled right), I won't go shopping with her to pick out drapes, and I am not gay.

Yes, Comedy Club will be fun tonight. The forecast is calling for scattered beer with periods of down-pouring tonight. Thank God for DD's, (Designated Drivers, I'm not going back to the bra topic here)

Old 04-07-2007, 07:30 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,950,570 times
I like the cut of your jib, there, dukester. Nautical term, I believe. Actually I don't know what the heck it means, but you're ok man. A belated welcome.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
I like the cut of your jib, there, dukester. Nautical term, I believe. Actually I don't know what the heck it means, but you're ok man. A belated welcome.
Thank you Square Peg, I don't know what the heck that means either, but I'm fairly certain it is a good thing. Belated thank you to the belated welcome to the belated hello.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:06 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,568,069 times
Dukester, a belated welcome in response to your belated post! Pull up a chair and join us. There's always room for one more!

Old 04-07-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Dukester, a belated welcome in response to your belated post! Pull up a chair and join us. There's always room for one more!
Why thank you SandyCo, this is a great place and I really like it a lot. I can't sit long though because of a lower lumbar strain, (don't ask, but I assure you that it had nothing to do with the Mazola Oil Twister Game the other night), although I'm trying a new therapy and it seems to be working. Alcohol is good for muscle strains and pulls, so I thought I would apply it to my ailment. The trick though, is applying it from the inside out. I went to a comedy club tonight and had 3 Bud Lights and it feels much better. Who'd a thunk, huh?

Old 04-07-2007, 08:23 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,568,069 times
Mazola Oil? You have to use Wesson Oil, don't you know any better?! I'm glad that the liberally applied alcohol plus laughter as medicine helped you feel better. Two beers is about my limit!

Old 04-07-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Mazola Oil? You have to use Wesson Oil, don't you know any better?! I'm glad that the liberally applied alcohol plus laughter as medicine helped you feel better. Two beers is about my limit!
Sheesh, what a bonehead I am...Wesson Oil, huh? The DD, (Desigated Driver, not bra size implication), party-pooped out on us, so 3 was the limit for me. We ate there as well, so I was in good shape to drive. I'm too old to drink copious amounts anymore...a couple beers once or twice a week and I am happy as a sissy in a skirt...not that I would have any idea how happy that would be mind you, but I heard that saying once and thought I'd toss it out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics