Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 06:35 PM

2,046 posts, read 919,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh1127 View Post
Ok, I am armed and ready with daughter and fish costume!!
And don't forget your sunglasses! Sneaky, sneaky!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Silver! Oh heavens no. Perhaps a bronzed amazon goddess such as yourself can get away with wearing silver. Short statured pale birds such as myself just can't carry it off - we need gold. I was thinking of wearing the subdued cloth bands anyway - since we're being sneaky, sneaky. Hope it's not too Richard Simmons-ish of me. Eek.
Pardon me, Agent Palebird. I was thinking along the lines of Wonder Woman but if gold works better then gold it is. Or cloth. Yes, cloth is better! Good suggestion - sneaky, sneaky! Richard Simmons - nah!

Old 05-27-2009, 06:51 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday
Another early start for the ? 0' the Day

This is going to be a very good day my sister is bringing me 3 or hopefully 4 dozen real poppy seed bagels from Phila !!! lol I even offered to drive up to meet her at the airport but she said she will drop them off. You are a lucky sister!

I have a fresh container of creme cheese It is Philly cream cheese, right? and cleaned out space in the big freezer
lol sometimes it is the simple things in life that can make your day !!

So how many early birds are ready to answer

Today's Question(s):

What song title could best describe your schedule lately ? Too Much Time On My Hands (clap clap)

Bonus Question:

Have you ever driven off forgetting you had placed something on the roof of your vehicle ? of course

Extra Credit Question:

Just curious, How do you "do" "the Question of the day" ? I just "do" it...I just "did" it...and in fact i'm ready to "do" it again...

Do you read the question then hit reply at the bottom of the ? page ?
or
Do you read the ? then all the posts then hit reply ?

Answer the Question then go back and read everyones posts ?

I quote your fabulous post, answer next to your q's, post and then read other posts.

Just for Fun:

Do you have a "pop op" toaster or do you use a toaster oven ?

pop up..and it startles me every time...

What was the last thing you put in your pop up toaster or toaster oven ? white bread for a deviled egg sandwhich.

Do you Sushi ? no but I see shu..

Masking tape or duct tape ? metal tape...it's what i got

Today in History:
1931 - 1st full scale wind tunnel for testing airplanes, Langley
Field, Virginia
1937 - Ceremonies marking the opening of the Golden Gate Bridge were held in San Francisco, CA.
1957 - Senator Theodore F. Green of Rhode Island became the oldest person to serve in the U.S. Congress. At the time, Sen. Green was 89 years, 7 months and 26 days young.
1961 - 1st black light is sold - which came first the black light or the posters they were used to illuminate ?
1969 - Walt Disney World construction begins

Word of the Day:
tergiversation \tuhr-jiv-uhr-SAY-shuhn\ , noun:
1. The act of practicing evasion or of being deliberately ambiguous.
2. The act of abandoning a party or cause.

Today is:
National Grape Popsicle Day
Masking Tape Day
Pop-Up Toaster Day
International Jazz Day

Old 05-27-2009, 07:44 PM

536 posts, read 1,109,334 times
Today's Question(s):

What song title could best describe your schedule lately ?
i can't think of one that tells of going broke with all the communion and graduation partys

Bonus Question:

Have you ever driven off forgetting you had placed something on the roof of your vehicle ?
not in a really long time but i have lost a few sunglasses over the years.

Extra Credit Question:

Just curious, How do you "do" "the Question of the day" ?
depends on the day and time...

or ...i usually read the question and then copy and paste and hit reply at the bottom of the page
depends on how many have already replied...my attention span ain't that great

Answer the Question then go back and read everyones posts ?
sometimes

Just for Fun:

Do you have a "pop op" toaster or do you use a toaster oven ? pop up but would love a toaster oven if i had the counter space

What was the last thing you put in your pop up toaster or toaster oven ?
bread
Do you Sushi ?
did before coming vegetarian

Masking tape or duct tape ?
both...throw some WD40 a butter knive and high heel shoe and you have my tool box...or a very kinky date

Old 05-27-2009, 07:45 PM

536 posts, read 1,109,334 times
and enjoy those bagels ...yummy

Old 05-27-2009, 07:46 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,851,527 times
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq187/granofeleven2/Good_Evening_floatingonair_mo-vi.gif (broken link)

theme song day! bad day at work... I expect many more to come.

YouTube - Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It - Live at W:O:A

Today's Question(s):

What song title could best describe your schedule lately ?

need I say more? please don't make me say any more...I won't like the way I would sound.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever driven off forgetting you had placed something on the roof of your vehicle ?

Purse, cup, dog lead, file folder, various books, etc. On been driving for quite some time... rarely put something on the roof ergo I forget its there... oops!

Extra Credit Question:

Just curious, How do you "do" "the Question of the day" ? I have had a very long day and my tired deslexic brain couldn't seperate the dodo in your sentence

or

Answer the Question then go back and read everyones posts

Just for Fun:

Do you have a "pop op" toaster or do you use a toaster oven ?

is a pop op kin the doc oc? http://ts1.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=639487585052&id=2c07b35d3674efdd9 e0016f4d9fa4495 (broken link)

What was the last thing you put in your pop up toaster or toaster oven ?

dust... I don't use it so it sit under the counter... toaster pop variety

Do you Sushi ? ok will have to read to see who did that darn sushi joke. LOL I know one of you all HAD to have done it but just in case -- song cue to the real song

YouTube - Eddie Cantor- If You Knew Susie
Masking tape or duct tape ?

How to Make a Duct Tape Wallet: 11 steps (with video) - wikiHow
Duct Tape Rose

Today in History:
1931 - 1st full scale wind tunnel for testing airplanes, Langley Field, Virginia

1937 - Ceremonies marking the opening of the Golden Gate Bridge were held in San Francisco, CA.
Golden Gate Bridge
http://lnstarlimo.com/images/golden_gate_foggy.jpg (broken link)
1957 - Senator Theodore F. Green of Rhode Island became the oldest person to serve in the U.S. Congress. At the time, Sen. Green was 89 years, 7 months and 26 days young.
1961 - 1st black light is sold - which came first the black light or the posters they were used to illuminate ?
http://ts4.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=789713001059&id=75146811c02e930a7 1fac75711e570f8 (broken link)http://ts2.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=640053488025&id=c32306667408ed325 d5880f1b2d26962 (broken link)http://ts2.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=789952006497&id=a9f6cf2c4a29aaf0e 3285ee0aec197c9 (broken link)http://ts3.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=578394527290&id=2debc128312fffec6 c2f1ea8c11a97bb (broken link)

1969 - Walt Disney World construction begins
http://ts1.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=639585229540&id=701e4aafdd4214270 b4197d5cc2b1dc2 (broken link)

YouTube - Walt Disney World in Sept 1971

time for Kero to go nighty night

Old 05-27-2009, 07:56 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Today's Question(s):

What song title could best describe your schedule lately ? Life in the Fast Lane

Bonus Question:

Have you ever driven off forgetting you had placed something on the roof of your vehicle ? Yes

Extra Credit Question:

Just curious, How do you "do" "the Question of the day" ?

or

Answer the Question then go back and read everyones posts ? This

Just for Fun:

Do you have a "pop op" toaster or do you use a toaster oven ? Pop up

What was the last thing you put in your pop up toaster or toaster oven ? Whole Grain Bread

Do you Sushi ? Absolutely!!! Sushi is my favorite food in the whole wide world!!!!!

Masking tape or duct tape ? Masking tape ..... but if I'm taping someone's mouth shut, duct tape works better.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerowyn View Post
Just curious, How do you "do" "the Question of the day" ? I have had a very long day and my tired deslexic brain couldn't seperate the dodo in your sentence
Heh, heh, you said do-do!

Old 05-27-2009, 10:31 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,139,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOPbaby View Post
Heh, heh, you said do-do!
Oh lord!!!

This is the best you could do??? Where's Mike & beN??????

Not kidnapped and duct taped together at the kids' table, with Alice??? I leave a simple task..............come back,.............and nada!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Oh lord!!!

This is the best you could do??? Where's Mike & beN??????

Not kidnapped and duct taped together at the kids' table, with Alice??? I leave a simple task..............come back,.............and nada!!!
Hey, hey! No insults here - I'm new to this. I'm doing the best I can - WAAAAHHH!!! She did say do-do! She did!

(Nah, no one's duct-taped yet; our mission is not complete!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics