Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2015, 02:27 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,100,368 times

Advertisements

I know it's slightly off topic, plus a lot of people have off today, but I figured to get a good range of responses here.

What is your ideal Friday night and state your approximate age.

For simplicity sake, let's assume it's somewhere relatively local to where you live and does involve traveling. For example, flying off to Vegas does not count (but driving does).

Movie, play, drinks, strip club, poker, spending time with kids, seeing a band, playing with a band, a book and a glass of wine?

But ideal regardless of your situation. In other words, your ideal night may be going out to get plastered but you can't do that because you have three kids. It still counts as your ideal night.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-03-2015 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: Thread moved from Work & Employment to Other Topics.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 03:21 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,353,873 times
Ideal night out is to head on over to the club and get our dance on. I am 50 and my wife is 44. We love all kinds of music, house music, Latin rock, Salsa, Banda which is my wife's all time favorite style of dance. I like it as well, it is fast paste and you hold each other tight. Prefer a place where their is a happening crowd with a packed house. You are not going to see a lot of people our age in the club but we will be there getting it done.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:23 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times
I haven't gotten plastered since I was in my mid-20s, and not that the kids are grown (62 now) don't feel the need to go back to that. For me it's a good brew pub for dinner and 1-2 (good) beers with my wife. I love a good road trip but that's for Saturday.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:15 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,100,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Ideal night out is to head on over to the club and get our dance on. I am 50 and my wife is 44. We love all kinds of music, house music, Latin rock, Salsa, Banda which is my wife's all time favorite style of dance. I like it as well, it is fast paste and you hold each other tight. Prefer a place where their is a happening crowd with a packed house. You are not going to see a lot of people our age in the club but we will be there getting it done.
That's really cool. Dancing is a fun and active thing to do. If I was better at salsa, I would do it a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I haven't gotten plastered since I was in my mid-20s, and not that the kids are grown (62 now) don't feel the need to go back to that. For me it's a good brew pub for dinner and 1-2 (good) beers with my wife. I love a good road trip but that's for Saturday.
That's fun too.

Truth be told, I am 40 and my ideal night is still going out drinking. Not power drinking or challenging each other to drinking contests, but good food, conversation, and letting the drinks flow until the end of the night.

Mixing that with a few good friends and a variety of activities such as dancing, karaoke, and live music and good conversation is my ideal.

Obviously none of that happening tonight...

Old 07-03-2015, 07:00 PM

23,546 posts, read 24,049,201 times
My wife and I always work out after office hours and Friday is no different. I usually work from a home office, or am traveling to visit clients. If I am home, we will usually go running/walking for about an hour or so, to unwind. Then, I will have a glass of beer and then freshen up and go out, or cook a great dinner at home.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:12 PM

12,779 posts, read 14,992,488 times
Ideal Fri night is relaxing dinner @ home watching TV & staying up all night until I get sleepy OR going out to movies & dinner.

I'm 40, but was like my whole life. I'm so NOT into the bar/club/dance/party scene.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:14 PM

833 posts, read 1,199,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Oh man... I hope to have your energy at that age! Keep it up - that's so awesome!

Old 07-04-2015, 02:31 AM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times
Last night was ideal. My son came to my house with a bag of food and cooked dinner for me. I had a very nice IPA with the steak he grilled. After dinner, we sat on the porch for a while. We wrapped up the evening by watching a segment of an HBO series we've been watching.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:21 PM

27,349 posts, read 27,402,913 times
My ideal Friday night is a gig that pays real well, doing a show either at a nice country club or maybe a barn dance somewhere. Or, just front porch sittin with a cooler of cold drinks and a small group of rednecks just talking and enjoying each other's company.

Old 07-04-2015, 06:43 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,529,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post
My ideal Friday night is a gig that pays real well, doing a show either at a nice country club or maybe a barn dance somewhere. Or, just front porch sittin with a cooler of cold drinks and a small group of rednecks just talking and enjoying each other's company.
Yearly event Smithville Fiddlers' Jamboree and Crafts Festival
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics