Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 08:56 AM

48,169 posts, read 22,024,577 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
OK we have to ask

What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about?

I guess the weather.....we have had rain almost everyday this month....I think it is officially 17 days of measurable rain out of the first 22 days of June.......and it was sometime in May since the temp reached 80 degrees. This is turning out to be the summer that wasn't. (Would you like some cheese with that whine?)

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ?

Johnny Carson's Tonight Show.

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ?
I remember Jack Parr......I didnt really make it into watching Dave; my kids were born before Letterman first aired.

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to MATH the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? Aside from regular church contribution....When I was getting ready to return home, I donated all my Japanese coins to their version of the Humane Society...to help homeless cats and dogs.
Are you a fast or slow eater ? To Fast!
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? By the Welcoming Committee when I joined my Church.
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? I am not sure of My Sharona....but definately not the devil went to Georgia.

Last edited by elston; 06-23-2009 at 09:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 09:00 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,649,403 times
Good Morning!!! Our weather report shows sun for as many days as the report shows - - - - Yippeee!!!

What was the last thing you were just a little bit whiny about?
Honestly, I really don't do whiny - the closest thing would maybe be about the un-summer like weather we were having!

What late night TV do or did you watch?
Don't watch late night TV. If we are up late watching TV it would usually be a movie.

How many of our posters were born after the first David Letterman show aired?
Certainly not me!

When it comes to dealing with my kids fighting the one word that comes to mind is challenging.

What was the last thing you donated?
Clothes
Are you a fast or slow eater?
I probably lean towards the fast side!
What was the last thing you were interviewed for?
I guess that would be my current job that I have been at for 6 years.
My Sharona or Devil Went Down to Georgia?
That would be Devil Went Down to Georgia, but now I am going to be singing the My Sharona song all day now, too!!!

Have a great Tuesday!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 09:09 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,186,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday
Today is bug/insect day at camp, we will be going out into the gardens in search of the different insects that live out there
lol I have to remember to bring sneakers for this part
We will also be teaching them about the fascinating world of Bees, Garlic guy to bad you don't live closer you could of been one of our guest speakers

Well I guess I better get moving so I won't be late so lets get started on

Today's Question(s):
OK we have to ask

What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about? - LOL....after a certain point this doesn't happen any more..

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ? - when I stayed up late I'd normally catch myself watching some sort of horror flick. I don't mind watching Letterman once in a while.

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ? -

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to "Life" the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? - clothes
Are you a fast or slow eater ? - fast
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? - Job
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? - Devil

Today in History:
1860 - U.S. Secret Service created
1938 - Marineland opens in Florida
1979 - Rock group, the Knack releases "My Sharona"
1979 - Charlie Daniels Band releases "Devil Went Down to Georgia"
1980 - "David Letterman Show," debuts on NBC-TV daytime

Word of the Day:
Pul*e \PYOOL\ , intransitive verb:
To whimper; to whine.

note had to add the * because for some reason it **** it
Today is:
National Pecan Sandy Day
Typewriter Day
National Pink Day
Let It Go Day
Yo-Yo Day
Public Service Day
- smile say hi and open a door for someone today...

Old 06-23-2009, 09:13 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,903,172 times
Today's Question(s):
OK we have to ask

What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about? ~ Working with a city employee about a neighborhood issue and trying to resolve it.

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ? ~ I can’t stay up late,,,, early to bed is important.

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ? ~ I use to date David Letterman’s grandmother when she was 16 years old.

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to _local government_________ the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? ~ my time and efforts
Are you a fast or slow eater ? ~ no ,,, eat it while it’s hot
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? ~ exit interview leaving the company
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? My Sharona

Old 06-23-2009, 09:16 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,741,193 times
Default Today's Question(s):

I got a little upset at a restaurant because my food hasn't done all the way.

Bonus Question:

I watched The Tonight Show with Jay Leno until Jay left in May. I don't watch any late night shows now.

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ?
Well, I just say this... I was born in 19, I think that answers your question.

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to __________ the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".
Running a marathon

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ?
Some clothes that were too big I gave to Goodwill.

Are you a fast or slow eater ?
I guess I'm a fast eater.

What was the last thing you were interviewed for ?
I was interviewed in May for an article for the newspaper.

The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"?
My Sharona

Old 06-23-2009, 10:14 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,201,971 times
Gas prices jumping .10 one day then a couple of days later coming down .01-.02 at a time.

Usually a movie to go to sleep by don't watch the "late" TV talk shows much.

When it comes to keeping up with all the weeding the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

What was the last thing you donated ?
Canned foods to a food bank

Are you a fast or slow eater ?
Slow

What was the last thing you were interviewed for ?
My neighbor's 100th bday party had to answer questions about her and give stories I wanted to share.

The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"?
The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Old 06-23-2009, 10:27 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,562,680 times
Today's Question(s):
OK we have to ask

What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about? All last night, and I mean ALL, I was trying to sleep in one of those recliners in the hospital room that all hospital personnel say are so comfortable! HA!

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ? We usually turn over to HGTV and watch House Hunters to see the kinds of houses we couldn't afford.

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ? Not me! I enjoyed watching his daytime show a lot more than his show now.

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to working on my car the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? Gave a couple dollars to some kids with the H.S. band
Are you a fast or slow eater ? A little of both. Depends on what I'm eating
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? I have no idea! lol
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? I guess "devil"

Old 06-23-2009, 10:27 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,463,033 times
What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about? Having to pump my own gas.

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ? Sometimes we try to catch Conan's monologue on the Tonight Show.

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ? I have no clue...lol

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to __________ the one word that comes to mind is "challenging". correcting the dogs bad behavior

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? Some of my husbands clothing
Are you a fast or slow eater ? Slow. I savor every bite...LOL
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? My current job
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? My Sharona...of course!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:46 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,391,414 times
Hiya http://www.myspacedev.com/img/icons/animated/icon01.gif (broken link) all!

What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about? A spontaneous weekend trip... DH had two days off three weeks back and I thought we could use the time and take DS on a short trip into the mountains from Thursday till Sunday. So I was rummaging in the web to look for an appartment to rent and wrote several inquiries and also received really great offers. Anyhoo' DH forgot to tell me that on Friday he would be working at a friends' place and that this has been organized since I don't know when. So my fantasy trip fell off the wagon I was really annoyed and a quite a bit whiny

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ? Don't watch TV, only DVDs so no late night show required.

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ? Ha, me!!!

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to spending time with the in-laws the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? Some coins for the animal shelter. But that has been last year... Am I a bad person?

Are you a fast or slow eater ? Depends on the meal - breakfast fast, lunch slower, dinner slowest lol I guess the battery gets lower the longer the day lasts.

What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? Hmm, my apprenticeship 9 years back?

http://www.myspacedev.com/img/icons/animated/icon169.gif (broken link)

Old 06-23-2009, 10:56 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,657,177 times
Whine? Heck I don't even drink beer!
I watch Frazier reruns on a local channel and I'm usually asleep by 9:30. I'm up at 6AM and need my beauty sleep.
I wasn't born before David Letterman but I was born before the show. Next question, How many posters were conceived during the "David Letterman Show?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics