Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 07:42 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,980 times

Advertisements

GOOD MORNING......
The sunshine is back....wOO hOO no one has to listen to my puling!!!

Today's Question(s):
OK we have to ask
What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about?
The rain...it really has made me a big times puler.....
.....I've had enough winter, enough is enough, OK!!! .... see what I mean!!

Bonus Question:
What late night TV do or did you watch ?
HGTV, and occasionally David Letterman.
But mostly I come here and read from all the days posting.

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ?
Uh, way before!!

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to _in-laws the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ?
Lots of things when we moved and still am as I go through things.
And yes, 7 months later and still unpacking and going through things...
One of those senior thingies... its a good excuse & sounds good

Are you a fast or slow eater ? Slow

What was the last thing you were interviewed for ?
Challenging this state board in transferring my license here to continue my career as a Hair Stylist.
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"?
National Pink Day.... ....
Let It Go Day
no more puling about the rain....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 07:45 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,346,772 times
Default Today's Question(s)

OK we have to ask

What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about? .... It was yesterday when i found out i have to work this weekend, normally I don't whine but i had plans and this was way to short of notice, plus the guy who told me was kinda rubbing it in, I plan on whinning the rest of the week

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ? ... i used to watch Letterman but he turned into a tool.

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ?...Not me

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to my work schedule the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? ....a couch and loveseat
Are you a fast or slow eater ? .....Pretty fast
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? ...A job at the water resources board
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"?.....devil went down to georgia

Old 06-23-2009, 07:49 AM

44,621 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Today's Question(s):
OK we have to ask

What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about? A contractor who hasn't showed up for 3 weeks to finish up.

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch? PBS shows, all the copycat talk shows stink since Carson left.

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired? Letterman was 'born' after me.

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to keeping my mouth shut the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated? Rooms full of household goods and clothes after re-modeling. All went to a woman's shelter for battered women.

Are you a fast or slow eater ? Moderate eater. I try to stay with the flow of the others.

What was the last thing you were interviewed for? Some investments.

The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? "Devil went down to Georgia". Don't recall hearing of 'Sharona'.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:54 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,490 times
Today's Question(s):
OK we have to ask

What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about? I don't ususally whine. But yesterday I whined to my boss about all the unnecessary paperwork she requires. She was surprised & I was proud of myself for saying what everyone else was thinking.

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ? I don't watch a lot of TV.

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ? Before

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to __paperwork_______ the one word that comes to mind is "challenging". (It seems to be a theme of mine.)

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? Clothes to the Listen Center. They sell donations & send kids to camp.
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? Only interviewed once. I've been on the other side of it many times.
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? Devil

Have a good day all!

Old 06-23-2009, 07:56 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,858,086 times
Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? I donate rep cookies here everyday, does that count? - Just the usual tithes at church, I also donated my old refrigerator a couple of months ago.
Are you a fast or slow eater ? <chomp chomp chomp> <burrrrp> excuse me.. - It depends on what I'm eating.
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? Both are good songs, but I always liked Charlie Daniels. - The one line from that song I remember was: "And I told you once you son of a bitc* I'm the best that's ever been".. I know that sounds arrogant, but it was fun to listen to.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:11 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,666,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday
Today is bug/insect day at camp, we will be going out into the gardens in search of the different insects that live out there
lol I have to remember to bring sneakers for this part
We will also be teaching them about the fascinating world of Bees, Garlic guy to bad you don't live closer you could of been one of our guest speakers

Well I guess I better get moving so I won't be late so lets get started on

Today's Question(s):

OK we have to ask

The Heat!!!! I can't remember when we were not under a heat advisory/warning or such....It's gonna be a long hot summer for sure! and a dry one.....yup I was whiney about the rain a month or so ago, but from one extreme to another??? oh man....

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ? usually Dr. Charles Stanley's In Touch; Joyce Meyers or James Robinson...

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ?not I for sure...

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to __my kids drama________ the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? oh my, let's see...side tables, books, clothes, gates, time
Are you a fast or slow eater ? slow
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? wow, I was interviewed about the history of our Town by a local tv station.
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? he wins hands down...and boy can he put on a concert!!!!

Today in History:
1860 - U.S. Secret Service created
1938 - Marineland opens in Florida
1979 - Rock group, the Knack releases "My Sharona"
1979 - Charlie Daniels Band releases "Devil Went Down to Georgia"
1980 - "David Letterman Show," debuts on NBC-TV daytime never was a letterman fan, no one can beat Johnny Carson..he was the best...and today his loyal sidekick Ed McMahon joined him in heaven...

Word of the Day:
Pul*e \PYOOL\ , intransitive verb:
To whimper; to whine. I actually hate a whiner....especially when it is ME....

note had to add the * because for some reason it **** it
Today is:
National Pecan Sandy Day
Typewriter Day I loved the typewriter I got one year for Christmas, boy I thought I was special...lol
National Pink Day
Let It Go Day This is my motto for every day lately..sigh
Yo-Yo Day
Public Service Day
I thought every day was public service day.....

Wishing everyone a great day today....May you find joy in hte smallest of things and may it bring you much contentment and happiness.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:22 AM

821 posts, read 2,011,289 times
Today's Question(s):
OK we have to ask

can't remember being "whiny" about anything

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ? don't watch tv

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ? I have no idea when it first aired

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to
__keeping my house clean (live on farm and everyone comes from barn into the kitchen) __ the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ?
frozen turkey, home made apple butter, fresh free range eggs to our church for a Vacation Bible School fund raiser
Are you a fast or slow eater ? fast
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? last week, some undergrad kid from University interviewed me about what I did in my job (he was doing this for some summer course that he was taking)
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? Devil went down to Georgia, not sure why I know most of the words to this song

Today is:
National Pecan Sandy Day I will take 2 and a glass of milk to go with hit
National Pink Day I'm not into pink

I'm off to pull cabbage out of the garden and make kraut today

Old 06-23-2009, 08:34 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,669,488 times
What was the last thing you were just a little bit( ok or a lot) whiny about? I dont' whine......I yell.

Bonus Question:

What late night TV do or did you watch ? Usually in bed by 11PM

How many of our posters were born after the " David Letterman show" first aired ?I'm pretty sure before.

Extra Credit Question:

When it comes to ___tolerance_______ the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? printer
Are you a fast or slow eater ? unfortutnately......fast.
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? God, I can't remember.
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"?don't know either one.

Today is:
National Pecan Sandy Day my mom always bought these for the kids
Typewriter Day oh you mean that old antique
National Pink Day yay for pink
Let It Go Day i'm trying
Yo-Yo Day so whats you say??? I'm a yo yo?
Public Service Day[/quote] not today

Old 06-23-2009, 08:36 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,264,498 times
Whiny?
I whine frequently about the geckos getting in the house!
I whine about summer in general!

Late night TV?
don't watch TV now except DVD's
used to watch Tonight Show years and years ago

When it comes to math the word that comes to mind is challenging.

I do like the color pink and I like pecan sandies!
"Letting It Go" is good too.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,686 times
I guess I was whiny about having bronchitis last week...

What late night TV do or did you watch ? Well, I wanted to see the big announcement on 'Jon and Kate', even though I don't like the show...but I guess I tuned in too late and missed it...it's probably a good thing actually.

When it comes to "dieting" the one word that comes to mind is "challenging".

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing you donated ? Clothing
What was the last thing you were interviewed for ? got me?
The song "My Sharona or "devil went down to Georgia"? I always liked "My Sharona" because it reminds me of when my kids were young...we first heard this song while camping as a family!

Today in History:

1979 - Charlie Daniels Band releases "Devil Went Down to Georgia"I do like Charlie Daniels!
1980 - "David Letterman Show," debuts on NBC-TV daytime NEVER wanted to watched this guy.!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics