Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 08:13 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,020,411 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s) :

How many bedrooms do you have in your home ? 3

Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms ? 2

and the rest ? sewing, reading, lounging.

Bonus Question:

Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut ? open; I have noticed that on many movies/TV programs the BR doors are usually closed, even during the day when no one is in them. Then I was at my neighbors and she has all BR doors closed so what you saw was a long hallway with all doors shut. So, I started wondering if this was the norm.

Oh , and why ? It opens the house up more. If I'm having overnight guests, I will clean the guest room and then shut that door to keep the "critters" out.

How about at night ? They stay open unless someone is using that room and wants the door shut

Extra Credit Question:

The "Favorite Food Fairy" is going to be stopping by to bring you , your absolute favorite food that for some reason you can't get where you live.

Where will she be stopping and what will she be bringing you ? She will stop at The Big Bowl and pick up lots of Pathay Chicken Curry - absolutely love it.

Just for Fun:

For those of you with kids, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ? N/A

See you all tomorrow!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 08:13 AM

10,782 posts, read 8,728,597 times
Today's Question(s) :

How many bedrooms do you have in your home ? 5

Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms ? 3

and the rest ? One study for hubby & me, the other for my kids

Bonus Question:

Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut ? Mostly open during the day.

Oh , and why ? No particular reason.

How about at night ? I keep ours open for air circulation and so that I can hear what goes on in the rest of the house. The kids like theirs closed. The studies are closed to preserve heat/coolness depending on time of year.

Extra Credit Question:

The "Favorite Food Fairy" is going to be stopping by to bring you , your absolute favorite food that for some reason you can't get where you live.

Where will she be stopping and what will she be bringing you ?

She'll be stopping someplace, don't care where, in the Southwest and bringing me .... a BIG bowl of Green Chile!

Just for Fun:

For those of you with kids, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ?

I thought I'd do the "right" thing and use cloth when I had my first (my son). Lasted about 3 days. Plastic pants over top did nothing. When he peed, he peed! And was soaked from his chin to his toes. As were the cradle sheets, blanket and pillow! So I switched to disposables. I still use those cloth diapers I bought all those years ago as dustcloths.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:18 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
Yes, Karla, this date will not happen again for 100 years !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday

I just noticed the date How cool will it be down the road for kids born today !!

It is another nice morning here in NE FL So that means yup another day of gardening

But first what do you say we talk "Bedrooms"
lol Now that I have your attention

Today's Question(s) :

How many bedrooms do you have in your home ?
Three

Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms ?
All three, one is the guest bedroom.

and the rest ?

Bonus Question:

Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut ?
Open

Oh , and why ?
Because we do not have central heat or AC.

How about at night ?
Well, our company recently had their doors closed , which included my bedroom that two granddaughters shared.

Extra Credit Question:

Cooked crabs, like I got in Idaho.

Just for Fun:

For those of you with kids, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ?
If you no longer have little ones, the cloth diapers work great as dish towels...bleach them first.

Today in History:
1836 - Abraham Lincoln received his license to practice law.
1850 - California becomes 31st state
1830 - Charles Durant, 1st U.S. aeronaut, flies a balloon from New York City to Perth Amboy, NJ
1945 - 1st "bug" in a computer program discovered by Grace Hopper, a moth was removed with tweezers from a relay and taped into the log.
LOL
1961 - Pampers changed America by creating the disposable diaper

Word of the Day:
malapropism \mal-uh-PROP-iz-uhm\ , noun:
1. An act or habit of misusing words ridiculously, esp. by the confusion of words that are similar in sound.

Today is:
Weinerschnitzel Day
Disposable Diaper Day
NBC Day
Colonel Sanders Day
Hot Dog Day (First Sold in 1884)

Old 09-09-2009, 08:21 AM

656 posts, read 1,309,712 times
How many bedrooms do you have in your home ?4 bedrooms and a bonus room off of the master bedroom.

Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms ?all of them

and the rest ?

Bonus Question:

Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut ?open except at night when everyone goes to bed. for some reason everyone shuts their door.

Oh , and why ?not sure.

How about at night ?

Extra Credit Question:

Where will she be stopping and what will she be bringing you ?when we lived in WI there was different stuff than here and I liked the different kinds of desserts people made for pot lucks.

Just for Fun:

For those of you with kids, did or do you use Disposable Diapers or Cloth Diapers ?disposable!!

Old 09-09-2009, 08:27 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,648,272 times
Happy Hump Day!! Not much new or exciting to talk about, so I guess I'll just answer the questions........................

How many bedrooms do you have in your home? 3
Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms? 3

Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut?
Usually open.

Oh and why?
In the summer it gets hot upstairs, so we open the windows to let air circulate through. In the winter we use the woodstove and want the heat to get to all the rooms!

How about at night?
My son closes his because my daughter can't seem to sleep unless the hall light is on - well, it blinds him! Daughter's is open, and ours is half way closed.

The "Favorite Food Fairy" is going to be stopping by to bring you your absolute favorite food that for some reason you can't get where you live. Where will she be stopping and what will she bring you?
I have just about anything I want here, but I do remember when I lived in Las Vegas getting some kind of pizza at Godfather's that had jalapenos on it that was really good. We have a little "ma & pa" pizza place in town that has the best pizza I have ever tasted though - - - - - I'm not even sure Godfather's would beat it!!

For those of you with kids, did or do you use Disposable diapers or Cloth diapers?
Disposable - Boy am I happy to be done with that! Sometimes when they are being particularly obnoxious though, I wish for them to be sweet little babies again!!

Weinerschnitzel Day -
Disposable Diaper Day -
NBC Day - That's the only channel I get, so I guess it's NBC Day everday at my house!
Colonel Sanders Day - I haven't been to KFC in years!
Hot Dog Day - Sometimes you just gotta love a BBQ'd hot dog with mustard and relish!!

Everyone out there have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Old 09-09-2009, 08:28 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,181,993 times
Today's Question(s) :

How many bedrooms do you have in your home ? 4

Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms ? 3

and the rest ? entertainment room, tv, games, computer....

Bonus Question:

Do you keep the doors to these rooms open or shut ? Both

Extra Credit Question:

This does not apply, sorry

Today in History:
1836 - Abraham Lincoln received his license to practice law.
1850 - California becomes 31st state
1830 - Charles Durant, 1st U.S. aeronaut, flies a balloon from New York City to Perth Amboy, NJ
1945 - 1st "bug" in a computer program discovered by Grace Hopper, a moth was removed with tweezers from a relay and taped into the log.
1961 - Pampers changed America by creating the disposable diaper

Word of the Day:
malapropism \mal-uh-PROP-iz-uhm\ , noun:
1. An act or habit of misusing words ridiculously, esp. by the confusion of words that are similar in sound.

Today is:
Hot Dog Day (First Sold in 1884)[/quote]

Happy Hump day

If you do it...mean it

Old 09-09-2009, 08:38 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,702 times
One

What doors? I hate interior doors. First thing I did when I bought the place was remove all interior doors - including the bathroom door and cupboard doors.

Oh , and why ?
Self explanatory

How about at night ?
Same

Any Olive Garden restaurant. Tiramisu

When I was a kid, I was in cloth diapers. A close friend my age had children and used cloth diapers for all of them.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:41 AM

2,080 posts, read 4,845,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
What doors? First thing I did when I bought the place was remove all interior doors - including the bathroom door

Old 09-09-2009, 09:04 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,546,355 times
Good morning Karla...Happy Wednesday!

We have a 3 bedroom home...one of which is used as a den/TV/computer room. The doors are never shut because the bed is always made and the A/C circulates the air better with the doors open.

I'd like the "Favorite Food Fairy" to bring me a Pecan Waffle from the 'Waffle House', some fries from 'Checkers', and Italian Dressing from 'Gino's East' in Chicago....not all at the same time though!

I used cloth diapers for all three of my kids, although by the time my daughter came along, Pampers were the latest thing, and I did buy a couple of packs of them to use when we went out only...couldn't afford to use them all the time.

Weinerschnitzel Day...Big fan of this place!
Disposable Diaper Day....not so much!
NBC Day...definately not so much!
Colonel Sanders Day...just had this on Monday!
Hot Dog Day...Burnt, with catsup and mustard please!

Have a great day fellow QOTD'ers...

Old 09-09-2009, 09:09 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Today's Question(s) :

Hmm.. the last time I checked, it was 3..

Of these, how many are used as actual bedrooms ?
Well.. one is the master bedroom, the other two, well.. one does have have a bed and a small dresser in it, but it looks more like a storage room! The other one is my office, but I use that as a bedroom too... I fall asleep at the desk sometimes!

and the rest ?
I got plenty of space in the bathrooms for a number of sleeping bags!

Bonus Question:

That's easy, always open... it's an Open And Shut Case!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics