Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 08:29 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,546,159 times

Advertisements

Good morning Karla and Company!!

Yes, I usually have a drink with me when I head out in my car...either bottled water or iced tea...unsweetened!

The last thing I needed to be reminded of, was to make a phone call to the pharmacy and I asked my dh to remind me.

The last time I wanted to say, "It's about time", was a few days ago when the weather cooled off here in Southern California...but, like always, it's back up to well over 100 degrees again!!

National Cheeseburger Day...I would love one of In-n-Out's Cheeseburgers with grilled onions today...yum-o....but, I won't!!

Happy Friday everyone...have a great weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 08:30 AM

149 posts, read 228,435 times
Good Morning all!!!!! Have a wonderful day and remember to SMILE!!!

1. No, but I may stop @ McDonald's for a sugar free vanillia iced coffee and put it in my lovely cup holder!

2. a) To buy food for my sons rat, Lola.
b) I put a note in my cell phone to remind me.

3. My ex-husband moved out of his moms house (too many people living there) and got his own!!

Old 09-18-2009, 08:43 AM

656 posts, read 1,309,608 times
So yesterday we asked about the cup holders in your vehicles so it make sense that I ask

Do you usually take a drink with you when you head out in your vehicle ?no i will stop and get water if i'm out all day though....soda free since 93' (really only about a year and a half but that doesn't rhyme)

Bonus Question:

What was the last thing you needed to be "reminded of" ?everything! I swear i am loosing my mind i forget almost everything.

How did you remind yourself ?I constantly keep repeating it over and over in my head

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time !!" ?nothing comes to mind this early

have a good day everyone!

Old 09-18-2009, 08:46 AM

2,046 posts, read 919,476 times
Whoa - I didn't realize until this morning that I totally missed doing the QOD yesterday!

Well, good morning everyone, and TGIF!

Karla, you mentioning it being wet when you let your dogs out this morning reminded me of my DD's dog - he will wipe his feet before coming back into the house if she "asks" him!

Do you usually take a drink with you when you head out in your vehicle? (<--see, I just can't help but move your ? mark! ) Yes - a can of seltzer

What was the last thing you needed to be "reminded of"? Oh, man, there are too many to mention

How did you remind yourself? With notes on paper or my calender or notebook - a 3 prong attack

When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time!"? When my son brought home his first progress report of the school year yesterday and he had good grades in ALL classes. I didn't say it, though; I told him how proud I was of him. He's extremely smart, but lazy so it's been frustrating the last couple of years.

National Cheeseburger Day - I celebrated that yesterday for my BD
National Respect Day - if you earn it, you deserve it
Chiropractors Day - despite my uncle, and 2 cousins being chiropractors, I still have a fear of them!
National Farm Safety Day - my SIL has a farm; and I worked for a doctor who taught farm safety; safety is important!

Old 09-18-2009, 08:51 AM

[quote]=ladybee;10811440
When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time !!"?
LAST WEEK WHEN I THOUGHT WE WOULD CONTINUE WITH COOLER WEATHER
. [quote]

I see we said the same thing...when is it going to cool off here...it was 105 yesterday and I hear it's supposed to be hotter here this weekend ...you're lucky that you will be in San Diego...it's always so nice there!!

Old 09-18-2009, 09:12 AM

48,128 posts, read 22,002,483 times
[quote=carmac;10812149][quote]=ladybee;10811440
LAST WEEK WHEN I THOUGHT WE WOULD CONTINUE WITH COOLER WEATHER.
Quote:

I see we said the same thing...when is it going to cool off here...it was 105 yesterday and I hear it's supposed to be hotter here this weekend ...you're lucky that you will be in San Diego...it's always so nice there!!
I've heard a few complaints from San Diego......getting hotter there.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:16 AM

[quote=elston;10812466][quote=carmac;10812149]
Quote:
=ladybee;10811440
LAST WEEK WHEN I THOUGHT WE WOULD CONTINUE WITH COOLER WEATHER.

I've heard a few complaints from San Diego......getting hotter there.
No way!! Are you serious elston? That's not good news!

Old 09-18-2009, 09:20 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,853,217 times
Today's Question(s):
So yesterday we asked about the cup holders in your vehicles so it make sense that I ask

Do you usually take a drink with you when you head out in your vehicle ?

95% of the time I do take something with me, the other 5% I am going to stop and get something to drink.

Bonus Question:
What was the last thing you needed to be "reminded of" ?

Oldest sons school field trip

How did you remind yourself ?
I put the paper giving the itinerary on the table and put my big mug right on top of it so I would be sure to see it.

Extra Credit Question:
When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time !!" ?

When my DW finally decided to get in the vehicle so we could go out yesterday. (she takes forever to get ready)

Old 09-18-2009, 09:42 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
Take a drink in the car with me?
In the morning, I take coffee with me.

What was last thing I needed to be reminded of?
I guess you'll have to remind me.

National Chiropractor's Day!
I love mine. So I won't make any "cracks" about them! LOL!

Old 09-18-2009, 09:51 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,648,109 times
TGIF!!! So, last night was my son's Open House. He stayed after school for a football game, so I ended up getting there about a half hour before the actual Open House. It is very interesting watching 7th graders interact with each other!! I really liked all of his teachers, and they each had a completely different personality! My daughter is so looking forward to going there next year!

So yesterday we asked about the cup holders in your vehicles so it makes sense that I ask

Do you usually take a drink with you when you head out in your vehicle?
Sometimes if I'm out for a long time I will grab a water, tea or coffee from somewhere.

What was the last thing that you needed to be reminded of?
I had a crazy morning this morning (I will fill you in later), so my daughter had to remind me that I needed to write a note for the school saying that it was okay for her friend to ride the bus home with her. She is spending the night, and I forgot all about it!

How did you remind yourself?
As you can see, I didn't - my daughter had to!

When was the last time you wanted to say "It's about time!"?
This morning - - It's about time that Friday got here!

National Cheeseburger Day - Yum!
National Respect Day - Everyday!
Chiropractors Day - They are a lifesaver when you need them!
National Farm Safety Day -

Ok, now to give a little more detail to my morning - - - - I went in to wake up my son for school and looked at the cage that our snake is in. There is normally a big book on top to help keep him in. Well, guess what............... The book wasn't there, and neither was the snake!!!! This is not a deadly snake or anything, but still - - - it is a snake on the loose in my house! Why did I let my kids have a snake??? As if having a mouse loose in my car (for those of you that remember when that fiasco took place) wasn't enough - - - now I have a snake somewhere in my house!! What on earth am I going to do?

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend! I'm sure I'm going to (ha, ha)!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics