Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 07:31 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,182,589 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
ok with Halloween 1 week away I gotta ask

Who still has to get candy & stuff ? no candy here as of yet....

Anyone going to or giving a Halloween party ? nope

ok Fess up who dresses their pets in a costume ? please....lol

Bonus Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? First time in 3 weeks without rain.....running outside now to cut the field....

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that " made a difference" ? getting ready to make a difference in about an hour when I fire my tractor up and cut everything in front of me.......

Just for Fun:

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy: ? heck I get accused of being crazy everyday and it never adds up to me so dunno..

Word of the Day:
confabulation \kon-FAB-yuh-lay-shuhn\ , noun:
1. Familiar talk; easy, unrestrained, unceremonious conversation.
2. A plausible but imagined memory that fills in gaps in what is remembered

Today is:
National Bologna Day - My bologna has a first name .....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 07:39 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,198,493 times
Today's Question(s):

Who still has to get candy & stuff ? I haven't. But, I am not going to be home to hand out candy. So, I do not need to get any

Anyone going to or giving a Halloween party ? Nope

Bonus Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? Cleaning up; and do a little work too.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that " made a difference" ? How are you defining difference? In its most general terms, I would like to think that the things that I do on a daily basis makes a difference in one way or another. And, of course, if I pray that someone gets well, then I believe that makes a difference too.

Just for Fun:

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy: ? I drive really fast. So, I'm sure that it was a slow driver in front of me.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:44 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,628 times
Today's Question(s):

Who still has to get candy & stuff ? That would be me. I'm hoping we will carve the pumpkin this weekend.

Anyone going to or giving a Halloween party ? not this year

ok Fess up who dresses their pets in a costume ? now that would be cruel wouldn't it?

Bonus Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? Just starting to consider that - it kinda snuck up on me.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that " made a difference" ? Sadly this had me stumped. Hopefully the way I treat my kids will make a difference.

Just for Fun:

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy: ? The drivers in PR are crazy. Last night someone passed me on the inside of a busy downtown street - weaving in and out of traffic - if there isn't a lane to pass they just make one.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:48 AM

607 posts, read 1,334,364 times
Happy Saturday everybody!

Who still has to get candy & stuff ?
I need to replace what I ate last week. So I can eat it again!
Anyone going to or giving a Halloween party ?
Not unless it's spontaneous. That's a scary thought.
ok Fess up who dresses their pets in a costume ?
No pets, but didn't do this when I had one. That cat was scary without a costume!

Bonus Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? More wallpaper scraping (yes, I know I'm boring you all with my whining about it), then find something fun to do. Perhaps a scary movie tonight...

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that " made a difference" ? Gave a woman the # to the domestic violence shelter. She seemed very relieved to know support is available... hope she called.

Just for Fun:

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy: ? My boss yesterday treating us in a thoughtless manner. It made me crazy cause she isn't usually like that.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:51 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Today's Question(s):

I will get a bag for work, but we live in a complex and do not get Trick or Treaters

No, but am think about going to the Sloss Furnace, it is a spooky place without it being halloween, so with the way they have it done up now it should be really scary!

I used to do this, but they protested.

Bonus Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ?
Just the usual, shopping, errands, cleaning, laundry........

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that " made a difference" ?
I'd like to believe I make a difference everyday, I work at a Legal Service and we deal with poverty everyday.

Just for Fun:

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy: ?
The battle of the radio's we get down at our pool

Today in History:
1836 - A. Phillips patents the match
1901 - 1st woman to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel (Anna Taylor) She was the first to live to tell about it. Interestingly, they saw she couldn’t swim.
1908 - Billy Murray hits the charts with "Take Me Out to the Ball Game"
1939 - Women’s nylon hosiery went on sale for the first time -- at Wilmington Dry Goods in Wilmington, DE. Why Wilmington? The Dupont Company, the inventor of nylon, is based there.

Word of the Day:
confabulation \kon-FAB-yuh-lay-shuhn\ , noun:
1. Familiar talk; easy, unrestrained, unceremonious conversation.
2. A plausible but imagined memory that fills in gaps in what is remembered

Today is:
National Bologna Day - My bologna has a first name .....Dont see this advertisement any longer.
Good and Plenty Day - once upon a time there was an engineer .......
National Crazy Day
Matches Day
Make a Difference Day

Old 10-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,143,707 times
Good Morning! Funny~I've been hearing that phrase It is what it is~a lot lately! LOL!

Today's Question(s):

Who still has to get candy & stuff ? Well, I buy the candy to give out & younger DD goes out trick or treating to get more..

Anyone going to or giving a Halloween party ? No~if older DD can't get off from work then I will be using the free Broadway play tickets that she won. But I hope she can use them!

ok Fess up who dresses their pets in a costume ? My Molly is wearing her Halloween Handkerchief around her neck right now!

Bonus Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? Last weekend was a busy one. Today I just have to drive a group of teens to ice skating later. Already dropped older DD at the train station & will get a call late tonight to pick her up. The usual cleaning in between...

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that " made a difference" ? I volunteered last Sunday & collected canned food for the churches soup kitchen.
Just for Fun:

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy: ? My name was not on the schedule at work. Last time that meant I was scheduled to report to a far building! This time it was just inadvertently left off! I was a bit crazy thinking where am I being sent to NOW!!!!!!

Toosie~Tell us your bologna stories!!! Please please!!

Old 10-24-2009, 08:06 AM

591 posts, read 664,069 times
Good morning to all. Great morning in California. We are have warm weather, in the middle 90's. Because its October, not real HOT. To all of you, have a restful week-end.

This week end its softball game today. Double header for my granddaughter Alexis. Sunday is the openning of a store in Menifee. T J Max. Can't wait. But most important a luncheon for my 97th yr old mom. With friends and relatives.

Extra Credit Question:

I gave a stranger $20 two months ago, just because I believe he needed it.

Just for Fun:

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy: ? A NEW DISH

Last edited by ladybee; 10-24-2009 at 08:17 AM..

Old 10-24-2009, 08:12 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ?

Extra Credit Question:

Just for Fun:

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy: ?

I'll probably be working.
My plans for this weekend are working and scrambling to find a 2nd (or a better paying) job. Still.

591 posts, read 664,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Who still has to get candy & stuff? I do.

Anyone going to or giving a Halloween party? Not me!

Who dresses their pets in a costume? Well, I could go as Uncle Fester but you've all already seen the picture.

What are your plans for this weekend? Outside of grocery shopping, not much for me.

What was the last thing you did that " made a difference"? From the feedback received, I think that there are people who are learning from the journal I've been keeping. Hopefully, it really is making a difference for someone somewhere.

Last thing that made you just a bit "crazy"? The fact that I still don't have full feeling in my fingers from the damn chemo drugs. I'm told it might take a couple of months although there are some website research that suggests it could take up to forty months! Yes, that's making me crazy.
You have made a difference Charlie. Cancer runs in my family as well. Thanks, for all the time it was hard for you to share your story. Ladybee.

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue View Post
Toosie~Tell us your bologna stories!!! Please please!!
This was reported to me as a true story...Woman at the GYN and, as she was being examined, the Dr was humming the Oscar Mayer song..."wish I was an Oscar Mayer weiner."

Good & Plenty...supposedly, black licorice - not sure if it's the taste or even just the smell - increases libido in some women!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics