Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:39 AM

36,444 posts, read 16,047,179 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

Meet the "Honey-do List Fairy" you can call him Fred !!

What are the some of the items on the list that you will have Fred take care of ?
I'll keep Fred around for a while! First the gutters need to be cleaned. Then he can blow leaves.

Bonus Question:

Is the "time change" messing with anyone's "sleep schedule" ?
Not really.
I would like to give the person that claims "you get an extra hour of sleep" a piece of my mind, because now I wake up at ______ ?

Extra Credit Question:

Who here also changed the batteries in their smoke detectors when they turned their clocks back ?
yes did that!
(our newspaper said you should do this )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 05:42 AM

607 posts, read 1,334,939 times
Good morning Karla and everybody!

What are the some of the items on the list that you will have Fred take care of ? Fred, please finish repairing then painting these bedroom walls, fix the ceilings throughout this place, renovate the kitchen, and figure out what this odd smell in the laundry room is. Thanks!

Bonus Question:

Is the "time change" messing with anyone's "sleep schedule" ? It's okay so far...

I would like to give the person that claims "you get an extra hour of sleep" a piece of my mind, because now I wake up at ______ ?

Extra Credit Question:

Who here also changed the batteries in their smoke detectors when they turned their clocks back ? Oooh, thanks for reminding us! Think I have a new battery here somewhere.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:55 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,199,615 times
Happy Monday!

Today's Question(s):

What are the some of the items on the list that you will have Fred take care of ? I'm good for now.

Bonus Question:

Is the "time change" messing with anyone's "sleep schedule" ? Not at all.

I would like to give the person that claims "you get an extra hour of sleep" a piece of my mind, because now I wake up at the same time. It takes more than 1 hour time change to get to me.

Extra Credit Question:

Who here also changed the batteries in their smoke detectors when they turned their clocks back ? I did.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:56 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,605,986 times

What are the some of the items on the list that you will have Fred take care of ? FRED! Please clean up my lead dust!

Is the "time change" messing with anyone's "sleep schedule" ? No, I've been having trouble sleeping the past week anyway.

Who here also changed the batteries in their smoke detectors when they turned their clocks back ? I'll have my guy do that at Thanksgiving

Today in History:
1920 - 1st commercial radio station goes on air KDKA (Pittsburgh) Hooray for my home town! KDKA is still operating today, BTW

Today is:
National Deviled Egg Day Haven't had one in years but I like them
Split Pea Soup Day Comfort food!
Traffic Directors Day Careful out there!
Look for Circles Day Like crop circles?
Vegetarian Awareness - lol I am aware I do not like veggies Vegetarian fine - Vegan is getting to me lately
Notary Public Day - I am a Notary I've thought of becoming a notary!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:03 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,707,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Monday
It is a beautiful morning here in NE FL 58 degrees I have the sliding door from the kitchen to the patio open and will be opening the windows shortly
It is only suppose to reach 73 later this afternoon so I see some "playing in the garden" happening today
Yeah, I know, I am up early but that means a early start for

Today's Question(s):

What are the some of the items on the list that you will have Fred take care of ? He could paint 3 rooms in the house,re-finish the wood floors,put up the new smoke detector.

Bonus Question:

Is the "time change" messing with anyone's "sleep schedule" ? Not really.

Extra Credit Question:

Who here also changed the batteries in their smoke detectors when they turned their clocks back ? We usually do but haven't yet.

Today in History:
1889 - North Dakota becomes 39th and South Dakota becomes 40th state
1904 - British newspaper, "Daily Mirror," begins publishing
1920 - 1st commercial radio station goes on air KDKA (Pittsburgh)
1947 - Howard Hughes' "Spruce Goose" flies for 1st (& last) time
1974 - Art Modell gets snowed in and misses his 1st Cleveland Brown game in 33 yrs

Word of the Day:
irenic \eye-REN-ik; -REE-nik\ , adjective;
1. Tending to promote peace; conciliatory.

Today is:
National Deviled Egg Day - Yuck......No thanks.
Split Pea Soup Day - I'll pass on this too.
Traffic Directors Day
Look for Circles Day - Just look under my eyes....HA!
Name your Car Day
Vegetarian Awareness - lol I am aware I do not like veggies - Veggies taste good.......most do IMO.
Notary Public Day - I am a Notary
Have a great day!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:10 AM

27,365 posts, read 27,414,874 times
Today's Question(s):

What are the some of the items on the list that you will have Fred take care of ?

Bonus Question:

Extra Credit Question:

Who here also changed the batteries in their smoke detectors when they turned their clocks back ?

Sort out my truck and tools. Clean the bathroom!
Time change hasnt messed with mine yet.
I still wake up at the same time every morning so this time change hasnt really affected me a lot.
We dont even have a smoke detector.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:13 AM

2,080 posts, read 4,848,853 times
Morning everyone! After a lot of drama the past few weeks at my house, things are settling back down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Monday
It is a beautiful morning here in NE FL 58 degrees I have the sliding door from the kitchen to the patio open and will be opening the windows shortly
It is only suppose to reach 73 later this afternoon so I see some "playing in the garden" happening today
Yeah, I know, I am up early but that means a early start for

Today's Question(s):

What are the some of the items on the list that you will have Fred take care of ? For today I would have Fred do the laundry, including stripping all the sheets and putting fresh sheets on the beds, rake all the leaves and mow the lawn, clean out the dead flower beds, cook dinner and paint the bathroom! Oh and inbetween all that, he can pick up the kids and bring them to their activities today!

Bonus Question:

Is the "time change" messing with anyone's "sleep schedule" ? No

I would like to give the person that claims "you get an extra hour of sleep" a piece of my mind, because now I wake up at ______ ? I still get up at the same time!

Extra Credit Question:

Who here also changed the batteries in their smoke detectors when they turned their clocks back ? Shoot, I forgot to do that...add another thing to Freds list today!

(our newspaper said you should do this ) Yes, we always do this, too...very smart idea!

Today in History:
1889 - North Dakota becomes 39th and South Dakota becomes 40th state
1974 - Art Modell gets snowed in and misses his 1st Cleveland Brown game in 33 yrs

Word of the Day:
1. Tending to promote peace; conciliatory.

Today is:
National Deviled Egg Day
Split Pea Soup Day
Traffic Directors Day
Look for Circles Day
Name your Car Day
Vegetarian Awareness - lol I am aware I do not like veggies
Notary Public Day - I am a Notary
Have a great Monday everyone! So where is Fred anyway?? Hes late to my house today!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:21 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,211,714 times
Good Morning!

Today's Question(s):

What are the some of the items on the list that you will have Fred take care of ? Depends, how long does Fred get to stay? If just a day - clean windows and rake yard. If for a while... we are wanting to remodel the dining room.....

Bonus Question:

Is the "time change" messing with anyone's "sleep schedule" ? not really - I was so tired on Saturday I took a 3 1/2 hr nap and still slept 9 hours that night (normally only get about 6-7 hrs) Think maybe I needed to do some catching up!

My system was already anticipating the change as I was waking up later than normal so now I am back on schedule!

Extra Credit Question:

Who here also changed the batteries in their smoke detectors when they turned their clocks back ? uh, um, er, ah, no. Maybe should do that huh?

Today is:
National Deviled Egg Day Yum
Split Pea Soup Day I'll pass thank you
Traffic Directors Day Small town life means you only need someone to do this when there is a ball game, parade, or fire (all the gawkers)
Look for Circles Day ok but can tell you that the Bon Jovi CD "The Circle" isn't released yet
Name your Car Day "Deer Slayer"
Vegetarian Awareness - I like some veggies but not that many
Notary Public Day - I am a Notary I know a Notary!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:22 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,680,218 times
Good morning and you are up early. Guess that extra hour helped. I know it did me.
I feel so nice and rested.

Meet the "Honey-do List Fairy" you can call him Fred !! Okay fred get cracking. Got a lot to do this week.

We are having guest for a few days and one is allergic to kitties. We have 3 so I would have fred vacumn the whole house from top to bottom, also change the linens on the bed and wash the comforter.
I love you fred
Is the "time change" messing with anyone's "sleep schedule" ? no not all. I feel quite a rested and everything is cool.

he/she can't have a piece of my mind. I'm running low.

Who here also changed the batteries in their smoke detectors when they turned their clocks back ? oops.

(our newspaper said you should do this )our philly news used to say this too. Haven't heard it down here but don't watch the news much so........

Have a great week everyone......
Oh I hope the sun shines today.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:30 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,226,440 times
Today's Question(s):

Fred! Get busy boy....you can rake the leaves, put them in the garden and then rototil it! You can then come inside and clean the oven...and I mean SPOTLESS! Then, get busy washing the ceilings downstairs in the basement cause I noticed the summer's humidity brought some mildew...while you're at it you can do the walls too. And..since the litter boxes are down there, you can clean them out too.....empty, disinfect, deordorize....etc. Shall I go on Fred or is this enough to keep you busy? I certainly can find way more for you to do! Some of these fairies I actually would welcome into my home!

Bonus Question:

No...fits me because it feels like I am able to sleep longer...although this makes no sense!

I can't answer this one, but looks like I better start running! LOL

Extra Credit Question:

Who here also changed the batteries in their smoke detectors when they turned their clocks back ? No...I am a failure on this! My detectors need to be replaced altogether!

Today in History:

1889 - North Dakota becomes 39th and South Dakota becomes 40th state - HOORAY!

Word of the Day:
1. Tending to promote peace; conciliatory. Describes me to a tee!

Today is:
National Deviled Egg Day
Split Pea Soup Day - Can I add some ham??
Traffic Directors Day - Please get outta the road!
Look for Circles Day - No thanks!
Name your Car Day - I've done this before! LOL
Vegetarian Awareness - God Bless ya! Pass the steak and tators while your at it. LOL
Notary Public Day -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics