Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 09:40 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,347,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Cigarette butts and underwear ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the dumbing down of America. Kids (teenagers) with fewer brain cells working than that of a bowl of jello are walking around everywhere. These are YOUR kids mom & dad; these are the products of your school system and your home environment. I don’t believe I could have attended public school much less leave the house looking like the kids of today. It’s not just a stage that they are going through, it’s what YOU allow them to do with their lives.
I think ur right, but it is so much more to it... Media influence, working parents, absent parents, disparity in public educational standards and the socioeconomic impact of women and children living beneath the national poverty line in a country as wealthy as the U.S. Furthermore, local governmental intervention preventing the appropriate parental measures of correction from being applied when necessary. Sorry to go so deep- just thinking out loud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 11:56 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,327,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Cigarette butts and underwear ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the dumbing down of America.
I refer to them as "Generation Duh!"

Old 04-19-2010, 03:15 PM

609 posts, read 1,262,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
I'd prefer seeing that to someone wearing shorts attached to the the bottom of their underwear. I'm sure it's just a look at me I'm all grown up statement. Like a weird hairdo or other attention getter. Look at me..... Actually, the employee was out of line to tell him to remove an unlit cig from behind his ear.
i agree. i dont think theres anything weird about having a cigarette behind the ear...thats nothing new. people have always done it. that employee WAS way out of line. i mean, i work at walmart, and i constantly see really really big chicks wearing cheeky shorts and halter tops, i cant go up to them and say..."could you cover that up please? thats gross." its the same thing.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:32 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,942,922 times
Maybe these people with the cig behind the ear enjoy the flavor of the ear cheese that probably works its way into the paper.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:36 AM

30 posts, read 184,964 times
E-cigarettes are really superb and they are better than tobacco cigarettes.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:20 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,700,453 times
I flick it off their head if i walk by them and then look at them like "what are you going to do about it?"

Old 04-21-2010, 03:59 PM

14,108 posts, read 2,780,009 times
In our school district "hanging pants" are not allow and they are pretty good at enforcing it. I haven't seen anyone with the cigarette behind their ear in awhile..but when I was younger we did it to be "cool"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics