Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 03:09 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,975,021 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

What regional accent would folks say you have ? Jersey

What kind of accent do you have ? Jersey

Bonus Question:

What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD ? The Donna Reed Show

Extra Credit Question:

Would you rather go for a ride in a:
Hot Air Balloon ?yes
Glider ?heck NO!
Blimp ? maybe

Just for Fun:

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ? scrambled, well done w/ketchup. I can't stand yolks.

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ?depends if I knew them

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? yes.....but now I own a back scratcher....for the times that DH isn't home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 03:23 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,212,708 times
Thought of another show.... Perfect Strangers - the one with the cousins. Balki Bartokamous (sp?) and Cousin Larry. Do the "Happy Dance"!

Old 06-03-2010, 03:46 PM

16,709 posts, read 17,490,130 times
Today's Question(s):

What regional accent would folks say you have ? I don't have one but I could put one or two on if I wanted to.

What kind of accent do you have ? Standard English

Bonus Question:

What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD ?

Hmm... many have been already. How about a children's series which was called Camberwick Green.

Extra Credit Question:

Hot Air Balloon ? This one.
Glider ?
Blimp ?

Just for Fun:

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ? Fried sunny side up.

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ? Tell them to say please- seriously.

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? But of course. Then I got married. Mrs Jezer does have her uses at times.

Give this a try:

Use the "Word of the Day" in a sentence ?

Looking out my study window I espy bats flittering around in the twilight.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:04 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,367,355 times
Today's Question(s):

What regional accent would folks say you have ?
I am southern, and to some extent still have the light southern accent of some one who has travelled too much in his life.

What kind of accent do you have ?
A light South Eastern NC Accent

Bonus Question:

What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD?
I am not sure I know of any that are not already out.

Extra Credit Question:

Hot Air Balloon ?
I have been up in one, and like it, would do it again. Being part of the chase crew is almost as much fun as being in the balloon.

Glider? I have also been up in a glider. Lots of fun gliding around like a buzzard in the currents. There was an airport in little river SC where you could get checked out in gliders, and rent the larger and slower ones to build hours in. It was a lot of fun to catch the up drafts yet be so close to the ocean.

Blimp? You got me here, never been up in a blimp. Might be fun just to say I did it, but than they look too slow, and safe.

Just for Fun:

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared?
Just cooked will do fine. I like cheese in them, but that is not necessary.

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do?
If it was my wife I would kiss her, if it was any body else I would pass them the sugar dish.

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam?
Oh yes, back up to it like a bear and scratch.

Give this a try:

I feel sure the dogs have espied the cookie jar, and expect a treat.

Today in History:
1851 - 1st baseball uniforms worn, New York Knickerbockers wear straw hat, white shirt and blue long trousers
1939 - Beer Barrel Polka hits #1 on the pop singles char
1946 - 1st bikini bathing suit displayed, Paris
1959 - 1st class graduates from Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo
1967 - Aretha Franklin's "Respect" reaches #1
1970 - Ray Davies of Kinks travels round trip NY-London to change 1 word in the song "Lola," (Coca-Cola to Cherry Cola) because of BBC commercial reference ban.- la la la la Lola

Word of the day:
espy \ih-SPY\ , transitive verb:
To catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes; to discover, as a distant object partly concealed, or not obvious to notice; to see at a glance; to discern unexpectedly; to spy; as, to espy land; to espy a man in a crowd.

Today is:
National Egg Day
National Cancer Survivors Day:
Always a good day, works well with national Tattoo. You can get those little X tats and zap those devils away.
Repeat Day
Tattoo Day:

National Itch Day:
Repeat Day
R.E.S.P.E.C.T Day

Old 06-03-2010, 04:29 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,100,131 times
Hello everyone, good evening! I can't wait for it to stop raining, and I'm very much in the zone for the Blackhawks right now.

Today's Question(s):

What regional accent would folks say you have ? I think mines neutral, no ones every commented on me having an accent before.

What kind of accent do you have ? If anything Midwestern/english

Bonus Question:

What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD ? Danny Phantom

Extra Credit Question:

Hot Air Balloon ? Yes!!
Glider ? Ehhh, this gives me a scare
Blimp ? YES!!!

Just for Fun:

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ? Lol, scrambled.

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ? Pass a packet of sugar.

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? Nope!

Give this a try:

Use the "Word of the Day" in a sentence ? From my location Chicago's skyline appears to be espy. I gave it a try at least!!

Today in History:
1851 - 1st baseball uniforms worn, New York Knickerbockers wear straw hat, white shirt and blue long trousers
1970 - Ray Davies of Kinks travels round trip NY-London to change 1 word in the song "Lola," (Coca-Cola to Cherry Cola) because of BBC commercial reference ban.- la la la la Lola

Word of the day:
To catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes; to discover, as a distant object partly concealed, or not obvious to notice; to see at a glance; to discern unexpectedly; to spy; as, to espy land; to espy a man in a crowd.

Today is:
National Egg Day
National Cancer Survivors Day
Repeat Day
Tattoo Day
National Itch Day
Repeat Day
R.E.S.P.E.C.T Day

Old 06-03-2010, 04:52 PM

9,631 posts, read 821,719 times
Today's Question(s):

What regional accent would folks say you have ?
I should ask...

What kind of accent do you have ? Wish I had a lovely accent one day.

Bonus Question:

Extra Credit Question:

Hot Air Balloon ?
Glider ?
Blimp ?

Just for Fun:

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ?
soft-boiled & scrambled

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ? If it was a stranger at the street I would say there's a good confectionery over there. And if it was somebody I know a little bit I would give some if I have.

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? No

Give this a try:

I espied the train coming my way and decided to wait before crossing over.

Today in History:

Word of the day:

Today is:
National Egg Day
National Cancer Survivors Day
Repeat Day
Tattoo Day
National Itch Day
Repeat Day
R.E.S.P.E.C.T Day

Old 06-03-2010, 06:44 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,374,873 times
What regional accent would folks say you have ? Northern... England

What kind of accent do you have ? Queens English

What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD ? It Aint Half Hot Mum, Dad's Army, Are you being Served, Alas Smith and Jones... and a few more but I'd be here all night!

Hot Air Balloon ?
Glider ?
Blimp ?

None... Cessna, then jump out of it with a parachute!

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ? Fried.

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ? Hand them a cup of the white granules.

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? Yup!

I espied the deer cresting the hill.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:59 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,550,624 times
Looks like BigMike got the pole today, Karla. I don't normally look ahead because I don't want my answers to be influenced by what others write, but I did glance down to see who was first......but my puter, (PST), says he wrote at 4:24 a.m.

Please send us some rain. My sweet alyssum are thirsty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Thursday

We finally got some rain last night around 10. The last couple weeks the rain has been staying west of us because of the seabreeze
lol you could almost hear the grass and plants rejoicing

They are calling for 60% today so we shall see if the seabreeze keeps it to the west

Ok lets see who will be first out of the starting gate

Today's Question(s):

What regional accent would folks say you have ? Both of my parents were born in TX, (but both moved to CA. when they were 7), so I might say a few words 'kinda funny'...but if I do, not many....

What kind of accent do you have ? I don't have one. I talk like everybody in the movies because I'm a CA Girl!

Bonus Question:

Gosh, I can't think of any....I pretty much keep up with the times and occasionally watch late night reruns which seem to fill the bill. I almost never watched Friends or Frasier when they were on, but I see them late at night on occasion and I'm surprised that I laugh as much as I do... The characters meshed, they had good timing and the writers were great!

Extra Credit Question:

Hot Air Balloon ? Possibly.
Glider ? Too scary for me.
Blimp ? Is there a bathroom on this one? If this one has a bathroom, I'll ride on this one!

Just for Fun:

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ? Gosh, if somebody takes the time to fix me some eggs, I'm not too picky. I think over -easy or soft boiled are my least favorites..... I like boiled, over-hard, omlettes, scrambled.....not too picky....

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ? Put on more lipstick!
When my girl was little, I used to tell her, "give me some sweetness!"

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? No, but my husband has done that---I tell him he looks like a bear when he does that.....

Give this a try:

Espy is espn's third cousin who married Great Aunt Ethel Mae's brother who lives down in Fishbone Holler.....

Today in History:
1939 - Beer Barrel Polka hits #1 on the pop singles char 1946 - 1st bikini bathing suit displayed, Paris
1959 - 1st class graduates from Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo and it's still going strong!
1967 - Aretha Franklin's "Respect" reaches #1 The queen of soul!

Word of the day:

Today is:
National Egg Day protein!
National Cancer Survivors Day pink ribbons!
Repeat Day how many are writing, 'can you say that again?'
Tattoo Day to each his own
National Itch Day key word 'hydrocortisone'....
Repeat Day go mow the lawn, Karla
R.E.S.P.E.C.T Day
sockittome, sockittome

why does my last comment always end up outside the box? It always looks like I wrote a random thought.....(as opposed to my extremely focused and serious, thought-provoking thoughts on QOTD)..

Old 06-03-2010, 07:19 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,328,433 times
Today's Question(s):
What regional accent would folks say you have? Southern
What kind of accent do you have? I don't think I have much of an accent at all. Worked very hard to get rid of it. But I'm sure some Southern peeks through every once in a while, especially when or after I've been hanging around my mama.

Bonus Question:
What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD? Scarecrow and Mrs. King

Extra Credit Question:
Hot Air Balloon?
Glider? Always wanted to try hang-gliding!
Blimp?

Just for Fun:
How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared? Scrambled
If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do? Kiss them noisily and enthusiastically on the cheek and give them a good, hard hug.
lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam? Of course!!

Give this a try:
Use the "Word of the Day" in a sentence? At the pub tonight, we espied a woman who was obviously on a blind date. Her gentleman was also obviously late, which was making her quite anxious, and once he appeared, it was also obvious that he was not at all into her. Sad.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:11 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,525,130 times
What regional accent would folks say you have ? I have never had anyone say I have an accent.

What kind of accent do you have ? I don't think I have one really.

Bonus Question:

What old TV show(s) do you wish they would release on DVD ? Thirty Something series

Extra Credit Question:

Hot Air Balloon ? Nope
Glider ? Nope
Blimp ? Still nope

Just for Fun:

How do you prefer to find your eggs prepared ? I like my scrambled with melted cheese on it.

If someone was to say to you "give me some sugar" what would you do ? Look at them like they were nuts!

lol have you ever tried to scratch your back using the door jam ? No, but I have tried using a brush, comb, pencil, back of lounge chair, but usually just call one of my kids lol.

Give this a try:

Use the "Word of the Day" in a sentence ? The word of the day is "espy". lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics