Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 02:09 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,073 times

Advertisements

She has caused us much grief and has ruined the will to favor herself and her son. She has brainwashed my father in law to think he is poor and that all of his money is hers because he is retired and does not work.

Together they own (with no mortgage) three properties, including an office building, valued at 4.5 million. And that's only in Real Estate.

My sister in law is virtually homeless and has mental issues that prevent her from keeping employment. She has repeatedly asked to live in the home and my wife has advocated for her - Although they have a five bedroom house AND they let their thirty year old son live there, (my wife's half brother) they do "not have room" for my wife's full sister.

Her son drives a BMW that they pay for and is trying to be an Actor.

SO a sorcerer not a Wiccan another tradition has offered to get rid of the Step Mother.

I am all for it! She is a horrible woman. He says he will simply return her evil to her. But by law it will be three fold - so she will get three times more evil than she's given.

He said considering what she's done, she will most likely die.

I am fine with this.

My wife would shed no tears if her Step mother died. In fact, she said she'd throw a party. Her words.
The step woman is only 12 years older than she.

But my wife's concern is the Karma. The sorcerer says not to worry it's his Karma. And it isn't bad.

What do all of you think? This is a serious question. There are serious issues here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 06:47 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
I wouldn't. You don't need to. The threefold law is about one's own actions. She is creating the result herself. If you *choose* to return things then you draw it back to you.

I understand how much you despise them, and go right ahead. And your angry, for good reason. And its family which is worse. But... been there. I almost sent bad stuff back but thought first. I have recieved other kindness from family, which had helped much more than venting my anger.

They are being nasty mean people but its their choice to be. If you react with this your giving them a victory. It won't change how things are since they already invited the dark to themselves, but your letting them contol you. There is much greater respect in standing back and ignoring them. Disdane them, don't throw rocks, even spiritial ones.

Far better, ask how you can draw positive energy to yourself. The positive will push away the negative.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:20 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,674 times
What nightbird47 said.

Been doing this for decades, and I would never advise anyone to do anything like what was mentioned. I just wouldn't. More than just karma becomes involved.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:53 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
I don't believe in magic, so it is moot, but why the hell would you do something so anti-social?

Old 08-07-2012, 02:09 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Don't know if this falls under paganism, but a coworker of mine sent money to a root doctor (voodoo) down south to have negativity put toward her son's father, who was fighting her because she didn't want to allow him full/overnight visitation out of spite for him leaving her for another woman. The judge ended up awarding full custody to her ex because he was deemed to have a more stable home for the boy. It seems she drew the negative to herself instead.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:01 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Don't know if this falls under paganism, but a coworker of mine sent money to a root doctor (voodoo) down south to have negativity put toward her son's father, who was fighting her because she didn't want to allow him full/overnight visitation out of spite for him leaving her for another woman. The judge ended up awarding full custody to her ex because he was deemed to have a more stable home for the boy. It seems she drew the negative to herself instead.
Root work ('hoodoo') falls under the general definitin of 'paganism' (as in, not one of the 'mainstream' religious paths). It's actually separate from Vodoun, which is a religion in itself (whereas 'hoodoo' is a set of magical practices).

Personally, whether Vodoun or hoodoo, I would not want to attract that kind of negativity into my life, however indirectly. I would also have second thoughts about affecting the course of someone's life -- because once you do, it's forever and it's impossible to predict what will happen.

(Not to mention the entire return on my 'energy investment' -- excessive negativity and hostility always makes me feel run-down and out of sorts....)

Old 08-08-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Root work ('hoodoo') falls under the general definitin of 'paganism' (as in, not one of the 'mainstream' religious paths). It's actually separate from Vodoun, which is a religion in itself (whereas 'hoodoo' is a set of magical practices).

Personally, whether Vodoun or hoodoo, I would not want to attract that kind of negativity into my life, however indirectly. I would also have second thoughts about affecting the course of someone's life -- because once you do, it's forever and it's impossible to predict what will happen.

(Not to mention the entire return on my 'energy investment' -- excessive negativity and hostility always makes me feel run-down and out of sorts....)
Thanks for the correction. Another member of a writers' workshop I used to belong to did a paper on Vodoun, and there was nothing about root work or "evil" practices about it.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:54 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Thanks for the correction. Another member of a writers' workshop I used to belong to did a paper on Vodoun, and there was nothing about root work or "evil" practices about it.
Minor correction. Root work is practiced by African Americans who use "hoo doo", a metaphorical practice that gives special homage to King Soloman and uses the bible and a mixture of Christianity.

Vodoun is Haitian in origin.

They are really quite different.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Minor correction. Root work is practiced by African Americans who use "hoo doo", a metaphorical practice that gives special homage to King Soloman and uses the bible and a mixture of Christianity.

Vodoun is Haitian in origin.

They are really quite different.
Yes, my workshop partner who wrote the paper on Vodoun was a Haitian woman.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:53 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Yes, my workshop partner who wrote the paper on Vodoun was a Haitian woman.
And I meant metaphysical not metaphorical.

Seesh...

One of the two is a bit ...more scary? The other a bit more benign.

They are both quite powerful in my now humbled opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism