Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 10:55 PM

577 posts, read 978,665 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: Please do not post in red bold print . Thank you.

Memo to parents with kids. If you take your kids to restaurants, its your responsibility to ensure that they don't disturb other people who are trying to enjoy their meal!

If you can't do that because you lack basic parenting skills or you don't care that your kids behavior is disturbing others then stick to McDonalds or Burger King or do take out!

Last edited by Keeper; 07-19-2010 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: removed bold red print

Old 05-23-2010, 10:56 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,028,490 times
Amen!!!!

Old 05-23-2010, 10:58 PM

302 posts, read 590,452 times
CRV has posted something not related to teachers!

Old 05-23-2010, 11:10 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
I'd also like to mention the etiquette of paying attention to your children in grocery stores. There was this family last week in Stop and Shop--they had 2 boys around the ages of 7 and 9. The parents had their arms around one another and all lovey dovey. It was nice to actually see a couple in love, but they were totally ignoring their kids!! The kids got a hold of a bouncy ball and were throwing it across the aisle and nearing hitting the people. The parents were totally ignoring them. The kids almost ran into me 3 times, and hit me with the ball a couple times. Seriously people, this isn't date night at Stop and Shop, watch your kids while you shop....

Old 05-24-2010, 04:25 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crv1010 View Post
Memo to parents with kids. If you take your kids to restaurants, its your responsibility to ensure that they don't disturb other people who are trying to enjoy their meal!

If you can't do that because you lack basic parenting skills or you don't care that your kids behavior is disturbing others then stick to McDonalds or Burger King or do take out!

What level of restaurant are you talking about? If you are talking about a chain place like RedLobster/Outback etc..you are going to get the same behaviour as you see in fast food. Now if you are talking about finer dining, then why didn't you bring it up to management or confront the family.?

Old 05-24-2010, 04:39 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,798,849 times
We have two boys and only once were reminded by a table that we ruined their meal. Well I am sorry, but it was a huge family resturant in the city ; clowns, balloons, lots of things for the kids. Our boys were about 3 & 4 at the time.
We were seated and this college age person came in with her parents. They sat beside us. We tried to be courteous and have the children quiet ; again, remember it was a huge family place, and I think they were failry well behaved.

Well at the end, this college kid came to me and said ; thank you for ruining my dinner with my parents. I apologized but after was fuming. After all, it was a family place, there were kids all over the place, and we were seated first.

I agree that sometimes kids go overboard ; but most of the time when they were younger we never went into a place that was not kid friendly.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:39 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,954,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
What level of restaurant are you talking about? If you are talking about a chain place like RedLobster/Outback etc..you are going to get the same behaviour as you see in fast food. Now if you are talking about finer dining, then why didn't you bring it up to management or confront the family.?
Doesn't matter...Red Lobster/Outback, fast food, etc. I agree with the OP. So many parents let their kids run loose and do whatever they want. The kids run the household not the parents. Why can't parents just be more responsible and keep control of their kids? I know there are those of you out there that say the kids will outgrow that phase but the problem with that is they grow up then thinking everything they've done is ok with no consequences. And hence the cycle goes on and grows...much to the demise of America where these kids grow up thinking they are entitled to a job just because they have a college degree.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:40 AM

896 posts, read 268,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Why do you expect to have the same behaviour in chains like Redlobster/Outback? Parents should teach the values of other's privacy regardless of where they are in public. I would even put up an argument that parents should ensure their kids don't disturbe others at fastfood places.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
I agree that sometimes kids go overboard ; but most of the time when they were younger we never went into a place that was not kid friendly.
Kid friendly means they might have stuff like crayons or toys for the kiddies not that they can go act like animals.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx85339 View Post
Why do you expect to have the same behaviour in chains like Redlobster/Outback? Parents should teach the values of other's privacy regardless of where they are in public. I would even put up an argument that parents should ensure their kids don't disturbe others at fastfood places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting