Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 03:10 AM

84 posts, read 185,193 times

Advertisements

- My nephew is 5 years old. He's very stubborn but very funny. A couple of days ago, after watching a comedy, he laughed a lot about 3 minutes, then a few minutes later he laughed again, and a few minutes later he repeated this. His mom was really worried about him and wanted to know what was wrong with him.

- Are your kids like this? Do you think it's dangerous when someone laughs a lot like this?

SakuraNam
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 05:52 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,970,417 times
I laughed after reading this...

I'm like that.
The dumbest stuff makes me laugh and i'll laugh so hard I can't breathe, and ill be tearing up (if its funny enough to laugh that hard) and then even thinking about what originally made me laugh will make me laugh.

Ex: My brothers 15 year old friend can scream like a girl. He did it out the car window one night taking him to go get him stuff, upon first hearing his scream I laughed like none other, I was laughing to hard I couldn't breathe and I was tearing up and then I couldn't even look at the kid without bursting out laughing and then kept cracking up on the way home.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:38 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,490,387 times
Don't worry...the medical field will soon develop an official disease for it...and parents will be looking for sympathy and attention...and will post puzzle magnets to the back of their cars.

Let's call it laughautism.

Last edited by jfkIII; 08-14-2010 at 07:06 AM..

Old 08-14-2010, 06:41 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,335,074 times
Oh come on. He's a kid. Let him laugh. He'll have plenty of time to cry when he's an adult. I cannot believe some things parents worry about. Why doesn't she take him to the pediatrician so the pediatrician can have a good laugh.

Last edited by KylieEve; 08-14-2010 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: .

Old 08-14-2010, 07:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraNam View Post
- My nephew is 5 years old. He's very stubborn but very funny. A couple of days ago, after watching a comedy, he laughed a lot about 3 minutes, then a few minutes later he laughed again, and a few minutes later he repeated this. His mom was really worried about him and wanted to know what was wrong with him.

- Are your kids like this? Do you think it's dangerous when someone laughs a lot like this?

SakuraNam
It's not dangerous when they're 5. A normal 5 year old can do almost anything that might look mentally ill in a 30 year old.

Very likely he laughs like that because it's getting a reaction from the adults around him - and he probably finds that very hilarious.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:48 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,691,677 times
This can't possibly be a serious question. I mean really, it can't possibly be.

Now it's not ok for kids to laugh?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:25 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,980,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Don't worry...the medical field will soon develop an official disease for it...and parents will be looking for sympathy and attention...and will post puzzle magnets to the back of their cars.

Let's call it laughautism.
And there will be commercials on TV that say, "take LOL-nomore for excess laughing. In clinical trials, children taking LOL-nomore experienced a 37% decrease in laughter. Side effects include heart failure, constant diarrhea, severe headaches, stroke, blindness, stomach ulcers, gangrene, and brain damage. Talk to your child's doctor to see if LOL-nomore is right for him."

Old 08-14-2010, 09:35 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
maybe he was trying to get attention. Maybe he was waiting for someone to laugh with him to validate his feelings. I don't know if there is such a thing as "laughing too much".

Old 08-14-2010, 10:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
maybe he was trying to get attention. Maybe he was waiting for someone to laugh with him to validate his feelings. I don't know if there is such a thing as "laughing too much".
It sounds to me like he's fake laughing and probably because he knows it gets a reaction out of the adults. Fake laughing at things that aren't funny could annoy the adults - but that alone can be funny to a kid.

Sometimes when kids are annoying but not actually doing something bad, it's best to just ignore it and then they stop after awhile.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:21 AM

6,489 posts, read 8,810,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchofwhimsy View Post
and there will be commercials on tv that say, "take lol-nomore for excess laughing. In clinical trials, children taking lol-nomore experienced a 37% decrease in laughter. Side effects include heart failure, constant diarrhea, severe headaches, stroke, blindness, stomach ulcers, gangrene, and brain damage. Talk to your child's doctor to see if lol-nomore is right for him."
lol :d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting