Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 02:10 PM

707 posts, read 1,466,686 times

Advertisements

As a teen mother myself, All I have to say is its hard but as long as there is emotional support it does not matter, I was never pushed for adoption or abortion even though my daughter came from rape. Its not your choice as a parent its hers and her boyfriends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 02:21 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
As a teen mother myself, All I have to say is its hard but as long as there is emotional support it does not matter, I was never pushed for adoption or abortion even though my daughter came from rape. Its not your choice as a parent its hers and her boyfriends.

No but she should present all options...and her daughter should make the choice based on what she wants not just pressure from her bf who is clamoring for it.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:44 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
No but she should present all options...and her daughter should make the choice based on what she wants not just pressure from her bf who is clamoring for it.
That's right... so what if mom can't make the choice for her daughter. She has a responsibility to make sure her daughter doesn't make a decision in ignorance.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:57 PM

556 posts, read 798,256 times
Quote:

Are you the same person that was talking about slipping pregnant daughters "abortion" teas?

Old 09-16-2010, 08:11 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaby112 View Post
It is not true if the Parent finds an adoptive family he or she likes, but alot of people dont.

According to these sources:

Texas Adoption Law (http://www.weblocator.com/attorney/tx/law/c08.html - broken link) "Some people prefer to adopt a healthy infant, which is much more of a possibility with international adoptions because waiting lists for infants born in the United States are quite long"

What is the waiting period to adopt? "Our current estimated waiting time for the placement of a healthy US-born Caucasian infant is approximately 2 months to only 12 months"
Newborns are taken usually within a day or two after they're born, if they're healthy. They're taken by adoptive parents who have already been waiting 2-12 months for a baby, by the time the newborn is born. The waiting time is -because- of the demand for newborns. There aren't enough to go around so as soon as a newborn is available, it's already spoken for.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:20 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
HIS parents don't have to worry about supporting the baby if HE decides he doesn't want the responsibility anymore. He doesn't really have to worry about it either, since he has no means to provide child support even if a court orders it. She, however, would still be left to raise her baby without any support, as a minor child herself, legally, which means she can't co-sign a loan, she can't apply for credit, she can't buy a home, she is still a legal dependant of her parents so can't even get a tax refund IF she were able to work - which she wouldn't be able to do, if she's 16 and alone and needing to care for a baby herself. She can't rent an apartment - you have to be of legal age to sign a lease - which she isn't, at 16. She'd either need to be homeless, or find someone else to live with.

OR, she'd have to stay with her parents, which gives them every right, and reason, and responsibility to be worried about their daughter's decision.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
HIS parents don't have to worry about supporting the baby if HE decides he doesn't want the responsibility anymore. He doesn't really have to worry about it either, since he has no means to provide child support even if a court orders it. She, however, would still be left to raise her baby without any support, as a minor child herself, legally, which means she can't co-sign a loan, she can't apply for credit, she can't buy a home, she is still a legal dependant of her parents so can't even get a tax refund IF she were able to work - which she wouldn't be able to do, if she's 16 and alone and needing to care for a baby herself. She can't rent an apartment - you have to be of legal age to sign a lease - which she isn't, at 16. She'd either need to be homeless, or find someone else to live with.

OR, she'd have to stay with her parents, which gives them every right, and reason, and responsibility to be worried about their daughter's decision.

Depending on what state you live in you can become emancipated once you have a child and once you are emancipated you are able to:

Enter into a Contract
Sue and be sued.
Buy and sell real property.
Establish legal residence.
Pay child support.
Incur debts.
Apply for social services.
Obtain a job-related license.
Apply for school.
Apply for loans.
Access medical treatment and records.
Consent to medical treatment.
A driver's license or non-operating license with the words: Emancipated Minor.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:31 PM

326 posts, read 837,937 times
Quote:
I think her problem is her daughter is bending to her bf and his family....she hasn't really had a chance to think alone about it.
How is she bending?? Because she wants this baby as much as he does?

Maybe there isn't anything to think about right now. She made her choice why would she need to look more into the diffrent options when she has already made up her mind?

Old 09-16-2010, 08:35 PM

326 posts, read 837,937 times
Quote:
I knew EXACTLY what I wanted the moment I saw the positive on my test.

There was only ONE option and that was to keep my child. Adoption and Abortion were NEVER an option for me in my mind.

Even when my friends told me how their parents would "drag me by my hair back home and force me to abort" if I was their daughter.

Maybe she feels the same way as I did...

Old 09-16-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post
I knew EXACTLY what I wanted the moment I saw the positive on my test.

There was only ONE option and that was to keep my child. Adoption and Abortion were NEVER an option for me in my mind.

Even when my friends told me how their parents would "drag me by my hair back home and force me to abort" if I was their daughter.

Maybe she feels the same way as I did...

Thats exactly how I felt when I got pregnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting